HELP ME PLEASE!

jtsupanova

I just got my virgin hair texturized and it is a HOT MESS! I'm on the verge of tears right now and I don't know what to do. I wish I new how to post pics...basically my texturized hair looks like my natural hair did but with some straight parts, no curl definition and uneven patchy shrinkage! I am so mad at my self. :mad:
How long do I have to wait to do a corrective relaxer? Can I use lye to do the corrective? I used no lye to texturize.
I really regret this I should have stayed natural. I didn't want bone straight hair and that is why I texturized but I don't want this either. If any naturals are reading this thread wanting to relax DON'T DO IT!

Last edited:

Hair Iam

I'm so sorry. Perhaps others who are texturized could suggest the right products to help. I'm certain with the wealth of knowledge here someone will have the right suggestion. It will fall into place.... you''ll see.

Throwing some hair love your way:look:

Divine Inspiration

Yes, you can do a corrective with lye. I would wait at least 6 weeks.

What look were you going for and what steps did you take?

Also, remember that just because your first go 'round wasn't what you wanted doesn't meant that a) it's not right for the next natural or that b) you won't get what you want once you do a corrective. There are plenty of texlaxed heads here who were natural and are head over heels in love with it. So, just be mindful that you may have to do some experimenting to get the processing right. Most self-relaxed/texlaxed heads will tell you that they didn't get it perfect on the first try...it takes some patience and practice.

Good luck!

jtsupanova

Thanks for the support!
I didn't self relax my mother who is a hairdresser applied the texturizer to my hair. Which is part of the reason I am so mad my hair turned out this way. It's unbeleivabe the roots are bone straight and the ends are nappy...
Has this happened to anyone else before?

CAPlush

Did you do the process yourself? I suggest you wait at least 4-6 weeks before doing a corrective and perhaps do the process in sections to control the results better. Also keep in mind that you may have a number of different hair types on your head, and that could account for uneven results. I would suggest you enlist a trusted friend to watch the application to ensure more even results. Transitioning back to natural if you are really unhappy is also an option.

RabiaElaine

I think I read on another thread that you were going to use Affirm fiberguard mild. I've use that before. It is a very very mild relaxer, plus I think you put oil in it, which made it milder. Was it in the tub? If it was in the tub it wasn't no lye, it was lye. Is your hair easier to comb thru? How long was it left in?

I agree I would wait at least several weeks to do a corrective. I would be very careful doing the corrective too, because you could overprocess. Also it definitely takes some practice w/ texlaxing before you get your hair how you want it.

Maa Maa omo mti

jtsupanova said:
Thanks for the support!
I didn't self relax my mother who is a hairdresser applied the texturizer to my hair. Which is part of the reason I am so mad my hair turned out this way. It's unbeleivabe the roots are bone straight and the ends are nappy...
Has this happened to anyone else before?

:ohwell: So the roots came out straight. Hmmm I wouldn't apply any more relaxer to the hair if your roots are straight. Now the ends I would condition it and moisture.

sunshinelady

Yeah, I wouldn't do anymore relaxing. When was the last time you henna'd? I would probably try roller-setting and flat-ironing for a while.

jtsupanova

I didn't end up using the affirm because my mother suggested that I use Soft and Beautiful Botanicals Texturizer. She said that she had used this relaxer before and gotten good results with it...I went with it because she's my mother.
Words can not express how upset I am.
On the bright side my hair is slightly easier to comb when wet. I guess I'm gonna have to do twist outs or something until i decide what to do.

jtsupanova

^When she applied it that took about ten minutes then she left it on for and additional 5. So thats 15 minutes in total.

I just co washed my hair an put it in a little bun. I will probabley put a phoney pony on it in the morning. Do you have to wait a while after relaxing to baggy or can I just do it tommorow?

Mestiza

Jtsupanova, you said that you wish that you had not texturized your natural hair. It's not too late to start your transition back to natural, if you so desire. Good luck in your decision and HHG! :)

Mestiza

sunshinelady said:
Yeah, I wouldn't do anymore relaxing. When was the last time you henna'd? I would probably try roller-setting and flat-ironing for a while.

Great suggestions, sunshinelady!

Mestiza

jtsupanova said:
^When she applied it that took about ten minutes then she left it on for and additional 5. So thats 15 minutes in total.

I just co washed my hair an put it in a little bun. I will probabley put a phoney pony on it in the morning. Do you have to wait a while after relaxing to baggy or can I just do it tommorow?

No, you don't have to wait to baggy your hair.

jtsupanova

I did alot of thinking last night and I have come to the conclusion that I am transitioning back to natural. I don't know if I'm going to do a long transition or just chop it off as soon as I get some new growth.I think this mishap was a sign that I should have left well enough alone.I'm going to take a break off of hair boards for a while. Thanks for the support.