HELP ME....

BUTTALIPS

I currently have my hair shaved very low. I go to a barber every 2-3 weeks. I need something I can use at home to help heal my scalp. I have no chemicals in my hair at all and my scalp still flakes and sometimes I get blister type sores.

I am afraid to grow it back due to having to use a relaxer again. So until I can nurse my scalp back to health I am keeping it shaved.

Is there some kind of home remedy that I use to help heal this scalp problem of mine before deciding to grow it back? I am not a natural kind of woman so that option is out.

Thank you in advance for you comments and suggestions.

JLove74

Have you seen a dermatologist? Your problem may need more than the over the counter products, especially since you're getting blisters and sores.

I see you're in the Raleigh area. If you need recommendations for a derm, let me know.

Last edited:

Allandra

JLove74 said:
Have you seen a dermatologist? Your problem may need more than the over the counter products, especially since you're getting blisters and sores.
I agree with JLove74.

OnceUponAtime

See a dermatologist.

Also, if you have curly hair and/or thick strands, shaving it could also be a culprit, because it sounds like razor bumps. Shaving can cause some of the hair to pull from the root and damage the follicle, so when the hair regrows, it is difficult to break through the skin, causing the bumps. I've experienced hair bumps before and they are painful. I found that as my hair grew, the bumps lessen. I can't remember the last time I had one.

Again, razor bumps are only one reason, you may have a skin condition that requires medical attention.

plove

JLove74 said:

Yes go see a dermatologist.
The same thing happened to my daughter and i took her to her to see two different doctors who told me see had dry scalp.
But being a mother i knew something els was going on, so i took her to see a dermatologist. The doctors where wrong and I was right she had fungus on her scalp. It took two weeks to clear up with the medication and she has her own comes, brushes and other stuff for her hair so I had to throw away all her thing and buy new one. It's a good thing she had her own stuff because we all could have gotten it if we shared comes and brushes.

BUTTALIPS

JLove74 said:

I see you're in the Raleigh area. If you need recommendations for a derm, let me know.

J please let me know the derms in this area. I went to one in NY, but for some reason the medicated shampoo didn't work. Do you know of any African American derms?

JLove74

BUTTALIPS said:
J please let me know the derms in this area. I went to one in NY, but for some reason the medicated shampoo didn't work. Do you know of any African American derms?

I'll PM you. Does the derm have to be AA?