Help: Moisture retention

Auburn

Which products, oils, herbs, supplements, etc help with moisture RETENTION? Can you list them please? I know sealing with Vaseline, oils, and butters suppose to help moisture retention and taking omega 3,6,9 suppose to help too. What else is there? Brainstorm, google, whatever, I need to know! HELP!

Also, which sealing method is better? Vaseline, oils, leave in, or butters?

I want to focus on moisture retention + ceramides.

MAMATO

Have you ever tried wheat germ oil as a pre-poo, it naturally has ceramide and whenever I use it, my hair is very silky and very moisturized...HTH

Auburn

Have you ever tried wheat germ oil as a pre-poo, it naturally has ceramide and whenever I use it, my hair is very silky and very moisturized...HTH

I will put that on my list! Wheat germ suppose to be good for curl contouring.

naturalgurl

I use oils and butters to seal my hair while it's wet. I pretty much listen to my hair on when it wants something heavy or light. How it speaks to me, I dunno, but I sort of just go with whatever my hand picks up. Yeah, I'm weird. Anyway, you can also spritz the hair with aloe, water and glycerin and seal with a nice oil. My hair likes that stuff. Also, you can baggy your hair overnight every other night and see how it likes that. Just in case, baggying the hair is soaking the hair in something moisturizing(I usually do it with olive oil mixed with honey or coconut milk with olive oil and honey), put a jheri curl bag on, wrap with do rag and let it sit as long as you like. I usually do this overnight, rinse and seal wet hair with a butter or oil. Talk about soft and manageable!

Determined22

Humectants like honey or glycerin helped me.

I also started using shtow's method of sealing with serum instead of oil, which worked for me.

bklyncurly

Sealing with Costa??? Oil from Hairveda is working for me. However, I don't use it everytime I shampoo because I'm trying to stretch my product (money is tight). :yep:

Olive oil and coconut oil also work for me. I have VERY DRY hair. So retaining moisture is always a problem. It also helps if you seal after you've done a really good job (pre-poo, con wash, deep con and/or short con 5-10 min) before you seal.

So far, that's what's been working for me.

Auburn

I bought wheat germ oil last night. Very nutty smelling. The oil itself feels silky like sesame seed oil when applied.

*closer*2*my*dreams*

I moisturize with a mix of glycerin, silk amino acids, honeyquat, and water. My hair LOVES it!! (I finally found a mix that works for both of my textures...) I just mix the ingrediants in a spray bottle and mist every morning after cowashing...