Relaxed Short hair

milotic13

I have relaxed 4a hair and I've recently had a major cut and I'm looking for a better way of maintaining with low/little heat. Elasta QP mango does help w/ the new growth but what else can help?

Hi,

I think the key is to use a product that will keep the new growth soft so that there isn't a lot of strain put on the point where relaxed hair meets the new growth. I've read that castor oil softens hair. A nice water based moisturizer might also help keep new growth supple. How short is you hair now? Is it pixie cut short, chin length, etc...?

Perhaps you could put setting lotion and some kind of oil or moisturizer on your hair after washing and conditioning, slick your hair down or wrap it, and sit under a hooded dryer or airdry with a wavecap. Your hair should dry straight and should need little maintenance until your next wash.

aurora3140 said:
Perhaps you could put setting lotion and some kind of oil or moisturizer on your hair after washing and conditioning, slick your hair down or wrap it, and sit under a hooded dryer or airdry with a wavecap. Your hair should dry straight and should need little maintenance until your next wash.

LOL that's basically what I do, it'll do for now. Thanks for the info.

Back