help with relaxed hair.

mrslollis

So I was natural then I texlaxed and now I'm relaxed. What I have learned about my hair is that I just like to change it up. Any advice or links to threads with advice on what to do for healthy relaxed hair? Thanks in advance :)

topnotch1010

Real Housewife of Houston
I suggest typing whatever question you have about relaxed haircare into the search bar in the top rght corner. There are so many helpful threads on here it's hard to even know where to start.

Good luck!

dachsies_rule!

You may find that you need to increase the number of protein treatments since your hair has been weakened by the chemicals.

belldandy

deep condition once or twice a week
direct heat sparing
stretch touchups
keep hair moisturized daily
find a favorite protective style
satin cap every night!

mrslollis

Thanks ladies!
So I did end up looking for a long time last night (probably should have done that before posting, I don't know what I was thinking lol)

So I have dry ends they aren't exactly terrible so they are just breaking off but I can see that hajppening in the near future if not taken care of.

I did read about protein treatments but couldn't find what exactly it was or what kind of product was needed. I read about using curl activator, do I just use this on my hair and braid? What exactly is a sealant? As far as deep conditioning is there any recommendations? Also do I have to have a hair dry for a roller set? I seen some people are using flexi rods is that the right way to get the roller set?

I found a ton of information but I couldn't find the how to's. I think I'm putting the wrong words in the search or something.

So now I'm off to search some more and try and resolve some of my question I'll come back later. Thanks so much ladies, seriously love this site and it's the best $6 I have ever spent!!!

MarieB

I'm a big fan of Aphogee 2-minute as a light protein (I don't really care for the hard protein treatment) at least once a week. As far as How-to's, I recommend searching Youtube as well as here. I had no idea how much information there was on Youtube!

JJamiah

Aphogee 2 step will always be in my closet, Aphogee 2 minute will also be in my regimen, at least once a month. I love Silk Elements Megasilk Moisturizing treatment. I love argan oil and use leave in conditioner with every shampoo either Aphogee greet tea or Chi Keratin mist.

vestaluv1

Hi there
You said you have dry ends. Maybe you can try baggying.
This can be done at night by placing a shower cap or plastic bag over the whole head after moisturising (and sealing) or you can just tie a plastic bag over your ends (after moisturising and sealing).
If you wear protective buns, you can moisturise or condition the ends and cover them with a plastic bag during the day also.

Heres some vids if you want to see how others baggy... (never mind if they're natural or relaxed)

#7 Night time Regimen - Part 2; Sealing ends & Baggying http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=St-5SPXOF0U

Baggy Method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=49Hjp2QowfQ

Th Baggy Method
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=58k3e3bwJhc&feature=related

There are quite a few ways to baggy.
My hair is more or less always braided and I baggy my whole head at night under my satin cap.