High or Low Porosity? The missing link for healthy thick Hair?

Vintageglam

I have been reading a lot recently on porosity and my head is now spinning....:drunk::spinning::drunk::spinning:.....

Anyway I cannot seem to determine if my hair has low or high porosity...:perplexed Would therefore be really greatful if ladies with exp of this problem could chime in.

These are the characteristics of my hair at the moment:

- I have VERY FINE 4a/b hair which is not very dense and breaks very easily
- Feels dry and raspy to the touch
- I have been getting more dryness , breakage and shedding than usual lately
- My hair dries INCREDIBLY quickly. I am talking like 5 minutes when I sit under my hood dryer on medium.

The latter is what strikes me as the most odd. I am sure it's not a good sign that my hair dries so quickly :perplexed.

TIA Ladies for your help !

SelfStyled

You hair sounds like it has high porosity. Porosity Control and/or ACV rinses can help to close your cuticles. Your hair dries quickly because your cuticles are raised and it makes it easy for the moisture to evaporate.

Not sure if you have read this yet, but it is an excellent article by Sistaslick:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/367189/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69

My hair is the opposite, I have low porosity, my cuticles are very tightly closed. My hair is also dry because it is hard for moisture to penetrate. This is why I stick to creamy moisturizers, my hair laughs at spray on moisturizers. DC'ing w/ heat can help those w/ low porosity. My hair is also resistant to relaxers, my hair is very hard to breakdown. Thank goodness I like texlaxed hair, b/c my hair will never be processed bone straight.

It took me a while to "get" porosity too, but I finally understand it now.

Tolle

Team Fluid
Of course you'd (selfstyled) be here to save the day . I was coming in to drop my 0.02 but no need to now. Even learned something 

Vintageglam

You hair sounds like it has high porosity. Porosity Control and/or ACV rinses can help to close your cuticles. Your hair dries quickly because your cuticles are raised and it makes it easy for the moisture to evaporate.

Not sure if you have read this yet, but it is an excellent article by Sistaslick:
http://www.associatedcontent.com/article/367189/hair_porosity_help_for_dry_damaged.html?cat=69

My hair is the opposite, I have low porosity, my cuticles are very tightly closed. My hair is also dry because it is hard for moisture to penetrate. This is why I stick to creamy moisturizers, my hair laughs at spray on moisturizers. DC'ing w/ heat can help those w/ low porosity. My hair is also resistant to relaxers, my hair is very hard to breakdown. Thank goodness I like texlaxed hair, b/c my hair will never be processed bone straight.

It took me a while to "get" porosity too, but I finally understand it now.

Thanks Selfstyled :kiss:

That was actually one of the articles I read.

I have just found my hair increasingly unmanageable recently and decided it can't just be the harsh winter.

Its only when I started to read up on Porosity that I thought that this might be my problem.

I have been promising myself a steamer but keep putting it off so now here is my excuse........ :lol:

x Stella