My Hair Has Both Low And High Porosity Characteristics. What Am I??

L.Brown1114

low porosity characteristics:
- takes awhile to get wet (moisture sits on top for awhile until it gets absorbed)
-my hair floated in the water test
-does not like oil ESPECIALLY directly on it for sealing and heavy ones
-cant do cold water rinses
-loves being clarified

high porosity characteristics:
-dries very quickly
-enjoys whipped shea butter
-enjoys protein treatments
-hold braids and curls easily
-not frizzy once a protein treatment is done

What the heck am I?!?!?!

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
I was thinking of using a clear cellophane. Is this just as good?

I've never used a cellophane, but I think they are the same. I've the JF Glaze for years and my hair loves it. But in all fairness I never really new what my porosity was - I always found porosity confusing. I will say that my hair holds moisture like a champ. I DC, rinse then apply the glaze. This leaves me with smooth, closed cuticles and super shiny hair.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
@curlicarib Glazes are foreign for me. I have questions please. How long does a glaze last/how often do you reapply it? How do you treat your hair after a glaze? Does it matter whether you style or M&S on dry or wet hair and can you use heat like with a flat iron? After you apply the glaze are you able to moisturize and seal? What do you M&S with? Does moisture and definition last?
Sorry for all the questions. Im just wondering if a glaze could be a missing puzzle piece for me. Thanks.
I've never used a cellophane, but I think they are the same. I've the JF Glaze for years and my hair loves it. But in all fairness I never really new what my porosity was - I always found porosity confusing. I will say that my hair holds moisture like a champ. I DC, rinse then apply the glaze. This leaves me with smooth, closed cuticles and super shiny hair.

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
@HappyAtLast, answers in italics.

How long does a glaze last/how often do you reapply it?
Ideally, I glaze once a week with every wash. Actually I glaze when I'm not feeling too lazy to do the extra step in my routine. Because of the low pH(5.5) I glaze as the last step after I DC. This closes my cuticles and locks in the moisture. For me it lasts about two weeks. The instructions on JF says to use 2 - 3x a week.

How do you treat your hair after a glaze?
No differently than normal. It does not change my routine.

Does it matter whether you style or M&S on dry or wet hair and can you use heat like with a flat iron?
As far as I can tell, styling is not different. I always style my hair wet. I don't use heat but I can't imagine that it would be a problem. Instructions say style as normal.

After you apply the glaze are you able to moisturize and seal?
Yes.

What do you M&S with?
I use either the Komaza Care Aloe Vera line or the As I Am line. I seal with coconut oil.

Does moisture and definition last?
Yes, better than when I don't glaze. And the shine is out of this world.

Sorry for all the questions. Im just wondering if a glaze could be a missing puzzle piece for me. Thanks.
No problem! Glad to help.

HappyAtLast

Simplicity & Peacefulness
@curlicarib Thank you so much! I really appreciate it. I'll try a glaze next month.

Ideally, I glaze once a week with every wash. Actually I glaze when I'm not feeling too lazy to do the extra step in my routine. Because of the low pH(5.5) I glaze as the last step after I DC. This closes my cuticles and locks in the moisture. For me it lasts about two weeks. The instructions on JF says to use 2 - 3x a week.

Does it matter whether you style or M&S on dry or wet hair and can you use heat like with a flat iron?
As far as I can tell, styling is not different. I always style my hair wet. I don't use heat but I can't imagine that it would be a problem. Instructions say style as normal.

Yes.

What do you M&S with?
I use either the Komaza Care Aloe Vera line or the As I Am line. I seal with coconut oil.

SlimPickinz

Summer where are you?

Yes.

What do you M&S with?

Thank you so much for this post

curlicarib

Lovin'' All of Me
Your welcome, ladies!

BTW, I just looked at that link I posted. The selling price is $2.98 + free shipping. They usually go for $10 on sale. I bought 5 bottles. I'm set for the rest of the year.