Hip Tbl & Beyond Challenge 2018

AgeinATL

Lol, the pic has poor quality. I know it's got us all seeing diff things. Me sorry. :)

Girl, ain't that much poor quality in the world! I ain't tryin to argue, but you are DEFINITELY past WL!

This had me thinking, so I looked up some hair length charts and they vary on what is considered HL. I would say that this one is the one that I consult when determining length markers:

hair length chart copy.jpg

Do ya'll agree or do you have another length check chart that shows HL differently?

faithVA

Girl, ain't that much poor quality in the world! I ain't tryin to argue, but you are DEFINITELY past WL!

This had me thinking, so I looked up some hair length charts and they vary on what is considered HL. I would say that this one is the one that I consult when determining length markers:

View attachment 392831

Do ya'll agree or do you have another length check chart that shows HL differently?
I give her a pass with not wanting to call HL yet. But grazing WL means to me that you are at the top of WL and not at the bottom grazing HL.

She has hairexia. She will be OK.

Daina

View attachment 392831

@pre_medicalrulz, now Sis we had this discussion when you posted the Aug pic talkin bout you was BSL! That ain't no BSL hair :bat:...you was grazing WL in that pic! By the way it is gorgeous!

I'm with @AgeinATL your hair looks HL!

flyygirlll2

Lioness mane

View attachment 392831

I agree with that chart too. It does look like @pre_medicalrulz is at HL but I know hairnorexia is real lol.

Daina

Soooooo now you all have me going waaaaay back thru my pictures and per that chart, I was grazing classic length at one time awhile back!!! That's some exciting news to me! Y'all just gave me bragging rights. ;) *inserts crip walk* :toocool:
View attachment 392839

@pre_medicalrulz, girl you betta strut with all that beautiful hair!:bdance:

What are the details of your journey? Are you relaxed or natural? What is your regimen? Do you PS? Deets please need some inspiration!

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
@pre_medicalrulz, girl you betta strut with all that beautiful hair!:bdance:

What are the details of your journey? Are you relaxed or natural? What is your regimen? Do you PS? Deets please need some inspiration!

:) I'm relaxed & yes I am currently PS'ing in wigs. I was shedding a lot after my baby so I figured I would get back to hiding under wigs until I stop nursing around the time she turns 1 in 3 more months.

CheChe1881

Try Roux porosity control shampoo and conditioner that can fix any color perm relaxer or hair processing problem even over-bleaching your hair. That and heavy protein like aphogee 2 step use heat with this works better it needs to dry hard in your hair to work.

Use a bonet dryer or blow dryer then followed by their balancing conditioner to replace the moisture balance. I would also suggest using their pro-vitamin leave in spray it has light oils light silicone vitamins light protein and amino acids that will help rebuild your hair. Or you could use Infusium 23 but that doesn't have oils or protein in it.

The problem is that even if you use the most moisturizing DC your hairs cuticles are so open the moisture will go in as fast as it leaves. So you have to fix both the moisture and the protein balance along with pH which Roux will and aphogee will do, then you're hair can retain moisture again.

HTH

http://www.sallybeauty.com/on/deman...fn1=brand&prefv1=APHOGE&brandLandingPage=true

http://www.sallybeauty.com/protein-hair-treatment/APHOGE4,default,pd.html

wait.... you curly probverbz?

YvetteWithJoy

On break

View attachment 392831

Lol! I disagree with that chart! Now I'm confused. Let me go find a chart that fits my mind's way of seeing it all. Lol.

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think this one is closer to the way I've been thinking about it all. Except on the chart I think the line fore for HL should be raised a little. But that's just my mind.

made hair dressers we need to understand the hair code.png

Last edited:

pre_medicalrulz

It Always Been About Hair!
I think this one is closer to the way I've been thinking about it all. Except on the chart I think the line fore HL should be raised a little. But that's just my mind.

View attachment 392919

I will def say that when you actually put your hands on your HIPS, you are surely not putting them way down there on your thighs. Soooo... that area is totally incorrect. Who made that chart?? Yikes!

OAN: if I was taking my measurements for a garment then I would measure my hips there! Hmmm....

YvetteWithJoy

On break
Okay. I was on my phone before and couldn't search properly. I like THIS hair length chart better! :smile:

YvetteWithJoy

On break
I think this chart is great.
Because technically your hip bone starts a little beneath your belly button (which is above your tailbone).... at least that's what I thought.

Agreed. :smile: I like this chart a lot!
  • It shows a front-facing, back-facing, and side-facing view! :yep:
  • It shows how close collar-bone length is to shoulder length.
  • Armpit length is actually at the ARMPIT. :lol:
  • It leaves no one out: We got ear length on this chart as well as floor length.
The only, tiniest of things I can see someone wondering about is why below should blades (BSB) is not included. Perhaps because it signifies a range of lengths longer than APL but not yet BSL?!?? I dunno. (I can envision a vertical, double-arrow line pointing vertically from the APL line down to the BSL line to represent BSB.) Either way, I'm happy with this chart as is. It makes sense to me. :yep: