Honey In Conditioners?

KinksnCurlz

I use regular supermarket bought honey. Mine actually is in the bear container with the little yellow spout

Supergirl

With Love & Silk
[ QUOTE ]
CaramelHonee said:
I use regular supermarket bought honey. Mine actually is in the bear container with the little yellow spout

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey, I have a bear too
But he has a red top

webby

Think Slim
I don't use a pre-shampoo the week after relaxing; for me it tends to cut the length of my relaxer. When I do a pre-shampoo I have a bunch of different things that I use.

Sometimes I use coconut milk, coconut oil 3 drops of wheat germ oil and a couple of tbl spoons of honey. My hair is always super shiny after that treatment.

I will also use a carrier oil with some honey, agar-agar and a few drops of WGO.

I find that my hair is more receptive to the oils during the summer when my hair is exposed to the sun and heat.

CheerBear

Ever the experimenter...I decided to try this thing with honey added to my conditioner tonight..Well!
..it didnt work out. It made my hair hard and tangled, even when I rinsed it out, it was still all tangled and I lost alot of hair trying to comb through it...Oh well

Edie

Ever the experimenter...I decided to try this thing with honey added to my conditioner tonight..Well! ..it didnt work out. It made my hair hard and tangled, even when I rinsed it out, it was still all tangled and I lost alot of hair trying to comb through it...Oh well

Did you warm it slight and the mix it with conditioner and olive oil, that way always works for me. Try using only a tablespoon of honey next time mixed with conditioner and olive oil. I use it after I wash, not before.

Erica78

Coils coils & more coils!
Gave this a try for my last few co washes...and I will be adding it in my regimen from this point on. Left my hair very shiny. I used Clover Honey

miss_brown

I tried this the other day, and the results were AMAZING.

I used:
1 Tblspoon Honey
1 oz castor oil
Lots and lots of Natures Gate Herbal Conditioner

Put on dry hair as preshampoo, left on for 2 hours. When I was rinsing, my hair felt like silk.

I know for sure that the honey played a major role because this conditioner has never given me anywhere near that amount of slip before (including times when I've mixed it with oils). This honey thing is definitely a keeper

daviine

Honey and castor oil sounds great!!!! Maybe when I'm trying to use up some of these instant conditioners I can use that.

I used to mix honey and olive oil in my QH cholesterol, and my hair always came out super shiny!

I also used to religiously do the honey and olive as a pretreatment but I have been a bad girl......this post has inspired me to get back on the ball......

miss_brown

[ QUOTE ]
daviine said:
Honey and castor oil sounds great!!!! Maybe when I'm trying to use up some of these instant conditioners I can use that.

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, definitely do.
I was initially scared that honey was going to make my hair sticky and hard to detangle, so I figured the castor oil would ensure that didn't happen. It came out HEAVENLY as a pre-shampoo, and I'm pretty sure the same would happen if used as a deep conditioner.

daviine

I really like castor oil (too bad its so heavy) so I imagine it would be GRRRRRRRRRRRREAT! with honey!!!

Alize

I read this yesterday & I mixed some with my Creme of Nature shampoo & in my conditioner & my hair is nice 'n shiny.

I plan to make a mix of olive oil, honey & avocado & see what happens.

GodMadeMePretty

I got a 5 pound container of honey from Sam's for $11. This will last a while.

I used it with Dove intense moisturizer and olive oil and my hair is very soft and shiny today!!! Yaaay!

Armyqt

How are you ladies mixing the honey into the conditioners? Are you adding a little per wash? If so, how do you mix it with the conditioner? Or are you adding it to the whole bottle of conditioner at once?

miss_brown

I only add it to the conditioner that I'm using for the day. I mix it in a bowl with my applicator brush so I can make sure it's distributed evenly.

sereia

I mixed it directly in the jar. Stirring was initially a bit hard but now I can use it right from there!

flyjump00

Wow! I was afraid it would be sticky and not rinse out. Sound like I need to make a run to the store today.

Truth

interesting that I saw this post ..well yesterday was my hair washing day and I just added some clover honey to like 2 conditioners that I never used... and decided to use one of them and BOI O BOI..YES YES YES!!!!!!!!..LOL.. I'm in love..my hair came out very shiny
... anybody use it in their leave in's ??? I wanna kno if it still has the same effect or is it just a sticky mess..

UmSumayyah

I love honey in a pretreatment. I mix it with castor and coconut oils. I may just have to try using it in conditioner post-shampoo as well.

GodMadeMePretty

I added honey to Tea Tree cholesterol and put it on my daughter's hair like it was a relaxer. Let it sit on her hair for a while. Her hair was sooooo soft. I clarified it first with some baking soda so I know the conditioner worked its magic.

After it did so well with hers, I used the same mixture on my hair and just going on I could tell this time was a winner. I brushed with my Denman and I am in love with this combination. I hadn't combed in a couple or three weeks and I should have had hair coming out by the handfuls with normal shedding.

I think I'm going to add a preshampoo with honey and olive oil. And then do another deep conditioner with the honey. My hair is still shiny and I washed on Saturday night.

Keeper!!