Hooray!!! My hair has grown!!!

Growingitlong

Got my relaxer done last week after a six month spell of braids. My hair is now very close to brastrap. i use to think my hair would never grown. I struggled for the past 3 years to gain some length. Now, I am pleased with my progress.

I use a different relazer this time. It is a French product called Activelong. It is a no lye. It worked very well for me. For the first time since I can remember, I got no burns at all and it was a super. This relaxer is a phyto type. My hair fields strong.

I plan to do another six month spell of braiding starting end of February. I am really happy with my progress. My sister is now asking me to give her the recipe. She wants me to write it down for her step by step so she can follow :).

Cholet112

Congragulations! Its always good when you get to see your progress. Im about to get my braids and I cant wait!

e$h

Congrats on your progress! I just permed my hair after 5 months. I soooo know the feeling.

InnerSoul

Congrats to you!!

I haven't had braids in a while but when I did.. the most successful ones for me were the box braids.. my hair grew more inches from this type of braid than my micro-braids(which caused me much horror in detangling..I had to get a friend to take them down for me.)

KeraKrazy

Thickness before length
congrats I've had braids since November and I'm trying to keep braiding till April but I miss my hair soooooooo much, your success has inspired me to keep braiding

MiWay

Congrats!

I haven't had braids in years, but the last time I did, I went 6 months, and my hair grew so much. I may think about getting some again very soon.

Guyaneek

You've really got me considering braids strongly now. I am so bored with my bun! Congratulations on your growth. Post pix when you are able! HHG! ;)

Growingitlong

Thank you ladies. I have been working at it for a while now so it is really nice to be able to finally see some progress.

On to the next six months spell start end of February. That should take me to July, well end of July should be five months braid and six and half post relaxer. I am hoping to gain another three inches then. That should put me comfortably at brastrap with a decent trim. I am only trimming half inch this time around.

Last edited: