Horrible Heat Damage!

DDTexlaxed

TRANSITION OVER! 11-22-14
i'VE BEEN HEAT FREE SINCE 1/05/05. I thought that i would be ok to just press my hair a bit and see if that would help me with some style versatility. Guess, what, my ends are fried strait! :eek: All my progress has been lost! :mad: Can't blame anyone but myself.....I guess I have to cut my hair again. :ohwell: 2" lost! :eek:.....Well, it was relaxed ends ....so it's not a complte bust. :ohwell:

angellazette

Girl you are forever posting about losing inches! Well maybe this will be some help with gaining control of all the multiple textures since you keep having to cut it...like starting new.

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
What did you use to press your hair? Hot comb, flat iron? Did you use a heat protectant? My hair has done well since I started pressing myself with a flatiron and ion heat protectant. Sorry this happened to ya!

Diane71

I use to hot comb my hair a long time ago...at least once every two weeks...and even though i did'nt experience any heat damage my hair was
considerably dry and my hair did'nt stay straight as long as I wanted it too.
I realized that all this heat is no good for your hair, it just makes it dry and brittle over time, especially the ends. Wet sets, wearing your hair up while keeping it moisturized and leaving it alone is the best and your hair becomes stronger and thicker over time.

Hair goal: 5 inches past bra strap by Dec. 2005 (during shrinkage)
Straightened I want my hair to reach waist length by Dec. 2005

jaibee

well this is the problem. heat protectant is a MUST! i like to apply it kind of heavy to protect the ends. dont get too frustrated though; maybe you can just treat your ends with a heavy moistruizer and bring them back to life.

Natrlchallenge said:
i didn't use heat protectant. Lazy behind. :mad:

balisi

As long as I have a flatiron and electricity, I will not use a pressing comb to straighten my (or anyone else's) hair. A flatiron will get the hair closest to the scalp straight if it is applied at a 90 degree angle to the scalp.

Peachtree

So sorry this happened. This why I WILL NOT USE HEAT, P.E.R.I.O.D!!!!!!

I bought a ceramic flat iron, I WAS minutes away from buying a Maxiglide.... N.O.P.E.... NOT ANYMORE!!!! I'm SCARED SILLY of heat!!!

alexei

Sorry this happened to you. I'm scared of using heat for the same reason. On the bright side, less relaxed hair to worry about.

Daughter

UK Blak
Natrlchallenge said:
i'VE BEEN HEAT FREE SINCE 1/05/05. I thought that i would be ok to just press my hair a bit and see if that would help me with some style versatility. Guess, what, my ends are fried strait! :eek: All my progress has been lost! :mad: Can't blame anyone but myself.....I guess I have to cut my hair again. :ohwell: 2" lost! :eek:.....Well, it was relaxed ends ....so it's not a complte bust. :ohwell:

sorry to hear that sis... I've just been celebrating staying away from heat as I've put up with damaged, split hair :( I feel your pain! Your hair will be back on top form soon with come TLC (((hugs)))

DDTexlaxed

Guys, this is more bad than I thought. The damage is thru my whole head! :eek: I am going to put the stinky challenge to the test and go to the stylist in 3 weeks- just b4 I go to Ca. I can't go there looking like ****. Pardon my lang. :wallbash: :spank: :crying3: :hammer: :whyme: I think I still have 1" of mg that isn't damaged, but I can't tell. Now i got to go to my stylist and hear her mouth. :mad: I'm changing my siggy and start like this is relaxer bc it did the damage of one. :whip:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I'm sorry you suffered heat damage. I suffered heat damage last month after I did my first big chop...big mistake. I will not be using heat again on my natural hair. If I were you, get the damaged hair cut off and stay away from heat PERIOD while you transition. ;)

DDTexlaxed

Thank u for caring, guys. It has been an up and down month for me. I talked to my hubby and I will be getting the BC soon. I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks. No way will I be going anywhere looking like crap! Pooh, I forgot about your heat damage post. :( i haven't been able to concentrate due to my own lunacy. Sorry everybody. :Blush2:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
Natrlchallenge said:
Thank u for caring, guys. It has been an up and down month for me. I talked to my hubby and I will be getting the BC soon. I'm going on vacation in 3 weeks. No way will I be going anywhere looking like crap! Pooh, I forgot about your heat damage post. :( i haven't been able to concentrate due to my own lunacy. Sorry everybody. :Blush2:
It's okay girl; you do not have to apologize. :kiss: Don't let the rating of this thread discourage you. I bumped the rating up just for you and to show that this thread is a warning for anyone else who chooses to use extreme heat on their hair. We all make mistakes with our hair, whether it's with relaxing it, coloring it, cutting it, or even using a lot of heat on it. While you're on your 3 week vacation, do not think about your hair at all and have fun! Take care! :beach: