Hot Air Brush and Fine Hair?

FlawedBeauty

Just wondering if any fine haired ladies have used a hot air brush. After seeing Ctcks blow dry tutorial i am very tempted to invest. I am just concerned that it might rip my hair because it is so fine. Any fine haired ladies have any expierence with a hot air brush?

TIA

nadine1977canada

I was thinking about getting one myself. I saw the Conair infinit one...Its like a brush ,blow dryer and flat iron all in one. Im curious of it...but knowing myself I will use it like crazy. I need to slack off heat for a while. I currently have the maxiglide and i think i might had burned off the end of my hair on my bottom right side. Cause one side seems shorter than the other. :perplexed

lisana

I also wonder about this. I have a conair blow dry brush. It has bristles on two sides and closes on the hair, sort of like a waffle iron. I have used it in the past and it really makes for a great blow dry. But I always have some hair in the brush. I think using these a few times a month is ok for us, but not on the regular.

FlawedBeauty

I was thinking about getting one myself. I saw the Conair infinit one...Its like a brush ,blow dryer and flat iron all in one. Im curious of it...but knowing myself I will use it like crazy. I need to slack off heat for a while. I currently have the maxiglide and i think i might had burned off the end of my hair on my bottom right side. Cause one side seems shorter than the other. :perplexed

i don't think i will be getting the Babyliss brush tho. i was reading reviews and there are a lot of complaints of the hair getting sucked into the vents and being ripped out :naughty::eek: having someone dry hair for you it probably is not a problem but i can see how it can happen if you were trying to do it on your own.

as for ur hair being shorter, mine tends to just grow that way for some reason. my left side doesnt want to catch up with the right! lol! i had a trim even na few months back and y friggin right side is longer again!! oh well.

lisana

My hair is shorter and thinner on the right side, but that's the side I sleep on and I know that is the reason. For the life of me, I can't make myself sleep on the left, I always wake up on the right, my poor hair :lol:

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I use one on my roots when I roller set. I haven't had a problem with it. I really like it. I don't think I would use it down the length of my hair too much though.

Miss*Tress

I use one on my roots when I roller set. I haven't had a problem with it. I really like it. I don't think I would use it down the length of my hair too much though.
I used one regularly on the length of my hair up until 2004 and had loads of breakage. The hot air brush is direct heat so be careful.

hOnii

i probably wouldn't. i have used one before, but that is direct heat, and it is blown right on your hair... no distance like if you were using a regular blow dryer. i would say that it is more damaging than using a blow dryer for that reason. it does give good results though. as long as it's not a weekly thing & since the bristles are boar, i think that it should be alright.

Vshanell

FKA Pokahontas
I used one regularly on the length of my hair up until 2004 and had loads of breakage. The hot air brush is direct heat so be careful.

Exzactly. That thing gets so hot. The base is made of some kinda metal so the air heats it up really hot so yeah, I agree with honii.....it's probably worse than a blow dryer. I'm really careful when I do use mine and it's never down the length. That thing could really do some damage if used improperly.

I was thinking about on of these a while back to blow my roots only after a set. I would be afraid to use it on my ends on a regular basis if your hair was relaxed. I can just see breakage creeping up on a frequent user.