• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

HERicane10

YAY! At 4gms I'm "green"! I've progressed from 3 to 4 within a week and will up it to 5 by Sunday. I'll do 5gm for 5-7 days then its up to 6gm & holding!

mstar

Luxury bacon
Re: "How much chl should you take . . . "

I stumbled upon this at a website - bolding and underlining are mine:
http://www.healingdaily.com/oral-chelation/chlorella-dosage.htm
[FONT=Georgia said:
3 grams per day is a good maintenance dosage of [/font]Chlorella for a person to take. With this amount, you will not notice significant changes, however, your body will get many of the nutrients it must have to function properly such amino acids (protein), vital minerals, vitamins, carbohydrates and enzymes.

However, a person taking 5-7 grams per day is quite common and at this level you will notice significant changes in digestion, energy and overall health.
Thanks for posting this...I'm working my way up from 3 grams now, but I've been taking it slow (adding an additional gram every 10 days). Maybe I'll switch to every 7 days instead.

Right now, I need all the help I can get: I'm suffering through one of the worst breakouts I've ever had. I have ELEVEN active pimples on my face, and they hurt! I feel like my whole face is sore and tender right now. :angry2: This really sucks because I'd finally gotten my skin under control, then the biotin made me susceptible to monthly breakouts, and now the chlorella is doing its thing. I'll stick with it, but I hope the detox phase passes quickly, 'cause I don't want to be wearing a bunch of foundation in the summertime.

luckiestdestiny

Is it just me or chl prices have skyrocketed!??! Actually no, they HAVE! I payed $26 in March for the SN 16oz. powder and subscribed...it is now $46!!! :thud: Why, oh, why would they do that for!?!?
Has anybody else noticed the same "phenomenon" with other brands? I'm either going to have to switch to another brand or stop taking chl until I can afford it. :nono: That's more than half the price of a monthly Metrocard if you want to put it in NYer perspective. :look:

Find another brand...or take less. It's better to take less than none at all.

I really think that because of purchasing, it's increasing. I'm going to check the stores. I don't think the pills have increase in price. Just the internet prices. Probably because Lhcf is so big, and the amount of purchases we've made...I'm sure they're researching an increase in sales, and so know that they can increase the price online. Either that or something else is affecting it. Hopefully it'll go back down soon. I'm going to wholefoods to check the price for the pills this weekend, out of curiosity. I'm betting it's just online....either way less is better than none.

luckiestdestiny

Hey Luckiestdestiny, if possible, can you please post on page 1 where you order your nettle tea?

Chlorella update: I started at 1gram on May 20th, I was green immediately.. by the next week I went to 1.5 and now I'm recently at 2grams.. I haven't been green since the first week. I take the tablets called "ChloreEssence" .."premium High-CGF Chlorella".

I'm still waiting on the skin benefits.. I drink about 6 glasses of water and still no diff. in my skin. I'm actually thinking to get a facial in hopes that it will aid in jump starting my way to clearer skin.

I'm interested in ordering the nettle tea, want to start rinsing my daughter's hair w/it.. and eventually mine when i take my sew-in down.

Hope all you ladies are getting great results and that you'll keep on posting. It's all such useful info, thank you.

IDK if I should as this is a chlorella thread. I may just do it, but anyways here it is
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B000E7L81E/ref=dp_olp_new?ie=UTF8&condition=new

Amazon. It doesn't matter which co as long as it's the NOW brand. I purchase from the cheapest one which is in the $2 area. I can't vouch for any of the other brands as I have not tried them. In theory I guess other brands can work. But I have not switched because this one gets the job done hands down so why rock the boat?

berryblack

Is it just me or chl prices have skyrocketed!??! Actually no, they HAVE! I payed $26 in March for the SN 16oz. powder and subscribed...it is now $46!!! :thud: Why, oh, why would they do that for!?!?
Has anybody else noticed the same "phenomenon" with other brands? I'm either going to have to switch to another brand or stop taking chl until I can afford it. :nono: That's more than half the price of a monthly Metrocard if you want to put it in NYer perspective. :look:

Yes, I bought it for $22 in February and now the cheapest I found Source Naturals 16 oz was $36.50 shipped. I decided just to go with the 1kg Jarrow for $43 at iherb.com. It is more than double the size and first time buyers get $5 off. I also got some nettle tea and it was all shipped free.

Since I was running low, I had to cut back from 9 grams to 3 grams. I've noticed more breakouts:ohwell:. Hopefully this new batch (which just came in the mail today :grin:) will fix me up again!

Go green!

tada1

so i have a random question. i got my chlorella 2 days ago. for some reason, i just cant get myself to mix if with juice because of the color. maybe something is wrong with me, but pouring yellow orange juice into that dark green stuff just seems weird to me :ohwell:

ive basically been chugging it with plain water! while the actual taste doesnt bother me, the smell, appearance, and texture make me nauseous :nono:

so PLEASE somebody out there how exactly do you get this stuff down your throat? im considering mmixing it into a cup of yoghurt or mixing it into my food (rice, lentils, soups, etc)

is anyone else taking this with food instead of water? what are your juice mixes? maybe i need to get off my paranoia and chug it with orange juice or cranberry juice :look:

TIA

AngieB

I mix it in with my egg shake and add fruit, usually banana. This mornng I added yogurt and a splash of lemon juice. Quite tasty actually. It's still green, but that doesn't bother me.

berryblack

so i have a random question. i got my chlorella 2 days ago. for some reason, i just cant get myself to mix if with juice because of the color. maybe something is wrong with me, but pouring yellow orange juice into that dark green stuff just seems weird to me :ohwell:

ive basically been chugging it with plain water! while the actual taste doesnt bother me, the smell, appearance, and texture make me nauseous :nono:

so PLEASE somebody out there how exactly do you get this stuff down your throat? im considering mmixing it into a cup of yoghurt or mixing it into my food (rice, lentils, soups, etc)

is anyone else taking this with food instead of water? what are your juice mixes? maybe i need to get off my paranoia and chug it with orange juice or cranberry juice :look:

TIA

I just grab a 1/2 teaspoon of powder and throw it in my mouth. Then I drink water with a straw. The first few times I put it too far back in my mouth which induced a horrible coughing fit. Try to keep it in the middle of your mouth. Also, it will be kinda nasty at first. JaxHair made the comment that she thinks of it like taking in the beach or something like that and that really helped me to get it down. I just used the memory of getting fishy salt-water in my mouth as a kid and didn't bother me anymore. Good luck!

Nice Lady

I want to know if anyone uses Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder and how they like it. I am currently using Source Naturals Powder and I wanted to make a switch because vitacost has the Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder for cheaper with more quantity. Someone let me know how you like Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder and any good results.

tada1

I mix it in with my egg shake and add fruit, usually banana. This mornng I added yogurt and a splash of lemon juice. Quite tasty actually. It's still green, but that doesn't bother me.

thanks Angie! that sounds very very healthy. Before reading your post, I took my 3mg for today with Cranberry Juice :barf: wont be trying that one again :nono:

i think i'll try the yoghurt route tomorrow :lick:

I just grab a 1/2 teaspoon of powder and throw it in my mouth. Then I drink water with a straw. The first few times I put it too far back in my mouth which induced a horrible coughing fit. Try to keep it in the middle of your mouth. Also, it will be kinda nasty at first. JaxHair made the comment that she thinks of it like taking in the beach or something like that and that really helped me to get it down. I just used the memory of getting fishy salt-water in my mouth as a kid and didn't bother me anymore. Good luck!

ooohhh...you're so brave! I thought about doing this, but i thought there was a reason that people were taking it with liquids so i didnt try it. ah! this opens a whole new world of techniques for taking this stuff. :grin: thanks for the tip.

Last edited:

jencolem

TIA

I mix mine with a smoothie by Naked Juice. It's called the green machine and it already has a small amount of chlorella (400mg) and spirulina (1300mg) in it. It's an ugly green but tastes like Kiwi.

tada1

I mix mine with a smoothie by Naked Juice. It's called the green machine and it already has a small amount of chlorella (400mg) and spirulina (1300mg) in it. It's an ugly green but tastes like Kiwi.

thanks Jencolem :wave:
naked juice huh? i'll have to check it out when next im at the grocery store :yep: I know of the green goodness juice by bolthouse farms but i stopped buying it because it never lasted very long in my fridge :look:

jencolem

thanks Jencolem :wave:
naked juice huh? i'll have to check it out when next im at the grocery store :yep: I know of the green goodness juice by bolthouse farms but i stopped buying it because it never lasted very long in my fridge :look:

You're welcome. The naked juice that I'm drinking right now has an expiration date of 7/31 to they last long. In the grocery stores I've found them for $4 so it was more of a treat but my cafeteria at work sells them for $2.50:yay: . But look around and you should be able to get a deal/sale on them.

tada1

conversation with my SO less than 5 mins ago

him: "honey what type of big medicine did you buy like this"? (in reference to my 16 oz jar of chlorella)

me: what are you doing in my stuff?

him: I hope you know they wrote Cholera on it

me: *splitting my sides with laughter* :lachen:

him: please dont kiss me again

me: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

kurlybella

him: "honey what type of big medicine did you buy like this"? (in reference to my 16 oz jar of chlorella)

:lachen::lachen::lachen::lachen:

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•

I thought I was the ONLY one who noticed this with my beloved SN chlorella! I purchased a 16 oz in January for $25 and now the cheapest price I can find online is $36.00+.. and thats with the Amazon club deal (reoccurring orders every so many months)..:nono: ... But Chlorella has become part of my lifestyle now, so I guess I just have to ignore the price inflation :ohwell:

Adaoba2012

:lachen: :lachen: That is hilarious!!

mstar

Luxury bacon
I don't know if this helps anyone, but Amazon has a special running right now:

"Save an extra $20 instantly when you spend $69 or more on select Source Naturals, Nature's Bounty and more offered by Amazon.com. Enter code JUN9SRCN at checkout. Here's how (restrictions apply). Offer valid through June 30, 2009."

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
I wanted to share.

I am 5 weeks post and a slow-grower. I have to tell you, my hair is a forest and the grays around my hairline are bursting out; I just did a henna/indigo 3 weeks ago.

Usually I don't begin to battle 2 different textures until 8-9 weeks, but today, I'm itching for a touch up. I have been stretching to 12-13 weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to hang that long.

I am cautiously shocked.

I am beginning to wonder if the 12g I take daily is causing this burst of growth.

Man, I sure hope so!

nc cutie

OK i just relaxed my hair. Why does it look like I dont have a perm!! I am only taking 3 grams. I will increase and see what happens!! Its great to be green!

luckiestdestiny

OK i just relaxed my hair. Why does it look like I dont have a perm!! I am only taking 3 grams. I will increase and see what happens!! Its great to be green!
:lachen::lachen:

You sound like my mom. She has a relaxer and keeps complaining about what I've done to her by giving her chlorella. Her hair grows too fast, she has to cut it too much, blah blah!! But you know... she keeps on taking it. So I guess she must like it. It's a GOOD problem to have:grin:

Mystic

Have been taking Chlorella since February and I am only now noticing clearer complexion. Not sure if it's the MSM that is also helping out. I also notice less pain with period and I can predict precisely when I will ovulate or when my next period will be - I am now very regular. Haven't noticed any weightloss or so but overall, I do feel contented within my body.

JFemme

My family is commenting on how luminous I appear, and how white my eyes are....:grin:

Me thinks its the CHL !!!! (cautiously speaking this) :look:(thxs, JN)

(don't know what else it could be)

Off to make my bootleg shake....

Carolina18

My family is commenting on how luminous I appear, and how white my eyes are....:grin:

Me thinks its the CHL !!!! (cautiously speaking this) :look:(thxs, JN)

(don't know what else it could be)

Off to make my bootleg shake....

Sorry if you mentioned this earlier (the thread is huge) - how much do you take daily?

taz007

I wanted to share.

I am 5 weeks post and a slow-grower. I have to tell you, my hair is a forest and the grays around my hairline are bursting out; I just did a henna/indigo 3 weeks ago.

Usually I don't begin to battle 2 different textures until 8-9 weeks, but today, I'm itching for a touch up. I have been stretching to 12-13 weeks, but I don't know if I'll be able to hang that long.

I am cautiously shocked.

I am beginning to wonder if the 12g I take daily is causing this burst of growth.

Man, I sure hope so!

Oh shoot, you are gonna make a sistah over dose on this stuff tryin' to make it to BSL :lachen::lachen::lachen:

luckiestdestiny

Oh shoot, you are gonna make a sistah over dose on this stuff tryin' to make it to BSL :lachen::lachen::lachen:

I'm at 12 gms too just like January Noir. (when I'm running low I cut back to 9 grams, so I kinda go between the two amounts). You have me cracking up over here! :drunk:

The good thing is chlorella helps the body to have optimum nutrition so you'll get to where you want to go soon enough.

However, I think we should all get there as our body allows...if you even want to get there at all. There are others getting great benefits at 3 grms too.

Also each body is so different...you may get your results in a few weeks whereas someone else starts noticing hair growth after 2 months, etc. Same thing with the skin and other benefits of chlorella.

I know I instantly want to be at my goal overnight too!:grin:

HERicane10

Is being "green" 3-4x per day normal? I find I'm more consistently regular now. Maybe its a combination of the fiber drink too, but its only supposed to work every 12 hours.

berryblack

My husband calls it "cholera", too. In fact, I have to pronounce it "cholera", also, or he won't know what I'm talking about. Yes, I've told him over and over again how to really say the word:spinning:.

I want to know if anyone uses Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder and how they like it. I am currently using Source Naturals Powder and I wanted to make a switch because vitacost has the Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder for cheaper with more quantity. Someone let me know how you like Jarrow Formula Chorella Powder and any good results.

I just switched from SN to Jarrow. They taste pretty much the same. On my first shot, I thought Jarrow might have been a little more pungent but when I tried it again, I didn't notice a difference. It does seem thicker to me but that could just be my imagination. All in all, I'm satisfied---its bigger and has more grams per tsp than SN. First time buyers from iherb.com get $5 off so it comes out to only a few bucks more than SN now.

HairHustla

Hi Ladies,

Just checking in, I have been on SN Chlorella and Earthrise Spirulina for about 3 months now. It seems that each week I get a different surprise be it more energy, a feeling of well being, nail growth, eyelash growth, smooth skin and no cellulite, now I am noticing that my entire physique is changing and I don't know how to describe it but I had lipo on my waist and it left some loose skin around there and now the skin is tightening up big time, it is almost normal now!

It seems that CHL/SPRL is doing what no sit-up or crunch could do. I am not big on exercise but I was trying and gave up weeks ago and now I am noticing that everything on my body is tightening and seemingly reshaped in some way. I am FINALLY losing weight steadily, I have had a long battle with being able to lose consistently but now it is happening on the regular!

I am so very happy but happy most of all for my mom who has lupus. I reported a few weeks ago that she started on CHL. As of yesterday, she told me that her pain is lessening, she has more energy and her nails were growing off the hook!!! She told me she has never had her nails grow like this. She also complained of 2 errant facial hairs that have sprouted on her chin and she never had that before!!! Praise God! My mother is very very ill most of the time and for her to be able to give me that kind of report was most encouraging. She still has her up's and down's but the CHL is HELPING! I will let you all know how things are going for her as time unfolds. So, that's it ladies, CHL/SPRL is still in the forefront and still performing for us. Take care and be Blessed you all.