• Now Chlorella Powder

Votes: 8 2.7%
  • Vitamin Shoppe Super Chlorella

Votes: 34 11.7%
  • Other Chlorella brand

Votes: 45 15.5%

• Total voters

soonergirl

Hey ladies check out chlorellafactor.com, this guy has some interesting facts on the supplement and how we need spirulina as well. I know that most of this info luckie has already given us, but I thought his site was funny and seals the nail in the coffin for me to use these supplements...

belle_reveuse28

I am steadfast source naturals is the best brand i have tried, i posted this because someone might find it beneficial.

fyi-Jarrow has a large container that has the most cgf i have seen in any product. Look

Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 950 Milligrams!!! I seen this on vitacost, but have never tried it.

Description
100% Pure Chlorella
Rich in Chlorella Growth Factor, RNA, DNA and Chlorophyll Jarrow Formulas® Yaeyama Chlorella is a subspecies of Chlorella vulgaris, a single-celled, fresh water algae. Yaeyama Chlorella is grown in the environmentally pristine coral reef region of Japan's Ishigaki Island using mountain spring water, tropical sunshine and food grade nutrients.
Yaeyama Chlorella cell walls are broken by high impact jet-spray drying that pulverizes the algae wall for increased absorption of its vital nutrients.

Yaeyama Chlorella offers rich amounts of chlorophyll, Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF is high in RNA/DNA), proteins, beta carotene, B vitamins and various minerals. The phytonutrients in Yaeyama Chlorella support healthy cell growth and development and promote detoxification, especially heavy metal excretion.

Yaeyama means richer, flavorful and more nutritious chlorella!

Supplement Facts
Serving Size: 1 Teaspoon (5 gr)
Servings per Container: 200
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
Calories 25
Calories from Fat 5
Total Fat 0.5 gr 1%
Saturated Fat 0 gr 0%
Total Carbohydrate 1 gr 0%
Dietary Fiber 0 gr 0%
Protein 4 gr
Vitamin A (from Beta-Carotene) 2010 International Unit 40%
Vitamin C 5 Milligrams 8%
Thiamin (B1) 80 micrgrams 6%
Riboflavin 0.3 Milligrams 15%
Niacin (B3) 1.3 Milligrams 6%
Vitamin B6 130 micrgrams 6%
Vitamin B12 0.7 micrgrams 12%
Magnesium 17 Milligrams 4%
Manganese 0.3 Milligrams 15%
Iron 4 Milligrams 20%
Potassium 69 Milligrams 2%
Yaeyama Chlorella 5 gr *
Chlorophyll 215 Milligrams *
Chlorella Growth Factor (CGF) 950 Milligrams *
*Daily value not established.

So you're saying that Source Naturals is the best you've tried, even over the Jarrow that you asre saying has the most CGF, even more than Source Naturals? Should we buy the one that has the most CGF? I'm a little confused.... I have a 15 days supply, so I'm still doing research to figure out what's gonig to be the best one. I bought EarthRise becuase I had read a thread where Irresisitible said it was the best kind out there.... It has 18.8 percent CGF but I dont know how much milligrams that is. I guess I need to convert that into miligrams and see. Let me see if this is right, 18.8 % of 3grams is .564 grams. 1 g = 1000 mg.... so .564 g = 564 mg. (feels like organic chem lab all over again! ) Hmm.... Well, that's less than the Jarrow. Any suggestions? Is this good enough?

ETA: I just went to vitacost.com and looked at the large 2 lb Jarrow formula that babydollhair mentioned. It has 200 servings, at 5g each serving ( 1 tbsp) for $43. That's a steal! I bought a 15 day supply, 90 capsules, by Earthrise for $12 at only 3g per serving, 6 capsules. So 200 servings for $43 and 15 servings for $12, the larger one is definitely the better, and it has 954 mg or so of CGF... I think I will be ordering that, esp because shipping is same day and is only 4.99. Check it out! :) Now I need to find a green drink with spirulina and all that good stuff in it and I'm set.

So ladies, are we doing a challenge or anything? Some way to track our progress, even within this thread?

Last edited:

Zay-neey

i bought Jarrow - The Powder it has 480 chlorella growth factor if i take 4mg ( double the serving size).
is 480 chlorella growth factor alot?
I'll be getting my chlorella on monday

luckiestdestiny

I thought Yaeyama Chlorella was suppose to be the best ..?
supossedly Yaeyama is one of the best. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other options. Babydollhair also mentioned Sun chorella. And any chorella with CGF is going to be very helpful. So if you have it already, see how it works, and just get the other kind later. I think Babydollhair was saying she noticed the faster results from source naturals Yaeyama and to be honest, I got it three days ago and my nails are growing like weeds. Also, I told my mom about it, as it also helps to regulate the body and as she's going through menapause, I sent her a study that shows it helps it to slow up hot flashes, or stops them. Don't you know she took it the first day and said in her words that her hot flashes are down to one instead of what she says are like "20" a day. Now she doesn't keep count and was being "dramatic" but she has so many she can hardly count. It's held steady since she started taking it. So I know that this version's benefits work fast. I know this was a side note, but just shows all the benefits.

Wanted to add not to get the chinese according to babydollhair.

Last edited:

yodie

Is powder better than capsules?

I'm interested in adding this to my supplements in an effort to eliminate some of the ones I already take.

Candycane044

This is the one I bought:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=514

But I'm wondering if I should've bought the Yaeyamma because it actually has the CGF. The one I bought doesn't say CGF it just says it has 3000mg of Chlorella. I'm still going to try the one I bought and see how it works. If it doesn't really work for me, I'll buy the one you all recommended.

ETA: Sooo does CGF automatically come in Chlorella? I'm a bit confused, one source I read said that CGF was already in the Chlorella and another one speaks as if they're two different things.

Last edited:

belle_reveuse28

I thought Yaeyama Chlorella was suppose to be the best ..?

supossedly Yaeyama is one of the best. But that doesn't mean that there aren't other options. Babydollhair also mentioned Sun chorella. And any chorella with CGF is going to be very helpful. So if you have it already, see how it works, and just get the other kind later. I think Babydollhair was saying she noticed the faster results from source naturals Yaeyama and to be honest, I got it three days ago and my nails are growing like weeds. Also, I told my mom about it, as it also helps to regulate the body and as she's going through menapause, I sent her a study that shows it helps it to slow up hot flashes, or stops them. Don't you know she took it the first day and said in her words that her hot flashes are down to one instead of what she says are like "20" a day. Now she doesn't keep count and was being "dramatic" but she has so many she can hardly count. It's held steady since she started taking it. So I know that this version's benefits work fast. I know this was a side note, but just shows all the benefits.

It is, from what I've read. Also, I saw in some earlier posts that Yaeyama is the best versus Chinese. Yaeyama is Japanese chlorella which is stated to be better than Chinese chlorella, which is harvested differently. These are the types of chlorella, but not the brands. So depending on the brand you buy, you, supposedly, are to buy a brand that is selling Yaeyama and no Chinese. Hope that clears it up.

Oh, and thanks Lukiest for the info on the menopause. If it can help that, then maybe it can help my periods be easier because they are a ****** sometimes. Cramps feel like contractions, and something tells me that it's not normal, especially when the doctor says nothing is wrong with you. Maybe it's toxins, metals and imbalance of hormones. Hopefully this will help with that too! I'm going to try this Earthrise for 15 days, and then I'll buy some Source Naturals after that and compare the two. Hopefully, they're all good and that way, we can get wahtever is available to us most easily.

I bought EarthRise Chlorella which is an Yaeyama Chlorella, Japanese.

Last edited:

belle_reveuse28

This is the one I bought:

http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?pid=514

But I'm wondering if I should've bought the Yaeyamma because it actually has the CGF. The one I bought doesn't say CGF it just says it has 3000mg of Chlorella. I'm still going to try the one I bought and see how it works. If it doesn't really work for me, I'll buy the one you all recommended.

ETA: Sooo does CGF automatically come in Chlorella? I'm a bit confused, one source I read said that CGF was already in the Chlorella and another one speaks as if they're two different things.

From what I've been reading, all chlorella has it, but depending on the brand and the type of chlorella, Yaeyama or Chinese, the amounts of CGF differ and apparently, you are supposed to choose the brand that has the higher amount. I guess it's better to buy a brand that lists it on the bottle so that you can know what the CGF is. Babydoll spoke of the Jarrow brand that was on vitacost.com, it had 950 mg of CGF, the highest I've seen so far. And at $43 for 200 servings, it's also one of the cheapest I've seen. It's a powder.

The website I'm on also tells the basics of what chlorella is and what it does, and basically it speeds up cell reproduction and turn over, assisting in healing, riding the body of free radicals and metals etc.... Which is why people are getting faster hair growth and nail growth. Hair and nails are made of the same proteins and chemical make up. They are both "dead" cells being pushed out of the body. So if you have high cell turnover then most likely you will have an increase in hair and nail growth, as well as dead skin cells renewing the skin and creating a more youthful appearance.... This stuff is the jank! Like for real! Thanks Babydoll and Luckiest for this thread! I am so psyched and I know that this will be a staple for a lifetime. I'm reading now about it's cancer ridding properties, as well as research that says the green pigment in chlorella has been known to shrink breast cancer tumors. OMG! So taking this forever!

Last edited:

TrulyBlessed

I've been taking Sun A Chlorella for going on 5 years now. Yes I would say it contributes to growth but more importantly it keeps your health & immune system in check. Its expensive but worth it. I take half the recommended dose & still get results. Other things besides growth that I've noticed is fresh breath, more energy, helps my anemia in addition to taking iron, healthy intestinal function, &not getting sick so often. I will take this stuff for life. I've never tried other brands but after extensive research I chose Sun Chlorella since it's pretty popular due to it's digestable cell wall, but be prepared to dish out some $$$.

belle_reveuse28

Okay, so here's a green drink I used to take, only about a month, and I knew nothing about this stuff then, only that my cousin from England gave it to me, and she got it when she was in New York. It's called Namaskar Muntu's Green Drink, or Dr. Muntu's green drink... here is the link http://namaskarinc.com/Muntu_Product___Services.html

It's got some great ingredients... take a look:

Muntu's Green Energy Drink contains ingredients such as...
Spirulina, Colon Powder, Alfalfa, Lecithin, Bee Pollen, Chlorella, Echinacea, Kelp, Rice Bran, Vitamin C, Vitamin A, Wheat Germ Powder, Barley, and Wheat Grass.

Here are some of the benefits you get from using Muntu's Green Energy Drink as recommended:
Improved blood circulation
Builds your immune system
Lowers cholesterol and BURNS FAT
Detoxifies your liver, pancreas, blood, heart, kidney, & lungs
Rebuilds and nourishes cells and tissue
Cleans your colon, which could take inches off your waistline
Strengthens bones & hair
Improves skin quality
Good for stomach problems, such as ulcers
Slows the aging process, so you look and feel younger!

I remember when she was taking this she had lost a ton of weight and her body was seriously thriving... Off to order me some. hTH

onelove08

OT! Been taking chlorella now for about 5 days. I took my kids to a casting call , they asked me if I wanted to take a pic to be an extra. I was wearing a pretty 100% silk scarf twisted into a bun(my hair hidden I hardly wear it out). Jeans and a shirt. Tinted lip gloss and that's it! My skin was glowing! Yea chlorella!

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

oh and to you I saw another post about checking with your doctor before this if your taking meds

I dont know what this stuff is exactly yet, as its been a long time since I looked into it, but if it has ANYTHING to do with seaweed or kelp, be careful as you have stated there is an issue with your thyroid and the iodine in those products can jack it up

get all the information you need regarding this:yep:

Thanks for that. It's more of an algae and super food. The growth seems to come from ctg which causes rapid cell turn over for healing of body and of course leading to hair growth. I will double check though my research says there's no side effects. It always helps to be safe!:yep:

Just checked the bakck of my chlorella box and it doesn't mention Iodine. I will still research, but I think it's safe.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Is powder better than capsules?

I'm interested in adding this to my supplements in an effort to eliminate some of the ones I already take.

You know I'm not sure. Babydollhair says powder is better, but I noticed that yaeyama pills I have from source naturals are growing my nails like crazy, and I noticed that it says on the back "it says it is a 100 percent fresh water chlorella...contains absolutely no binders, fillers, aor flow agents, It iis spray dried using a special process that breaks the cell wall, yet preserves the nutrients within, ensuring a highly digestible and nutrient rich product.

So it's not a processed lab pill. It's like little hard pellets.

SO I think it's fine as it's not the normal "pill" format.
We'll see...

luckiestdestiny

It is, from what I've read. Also, I saw in some earlier posts that Yaeyama is the best versus Chinese. Yaeyama is Japanese chlorella which is stated to be better than Chinese chlorella, which is harvested differently. These are the types of chlorella, but not the brands. So depending on the brand you buy, you, supposedly, are to buy a brand that is selling Yaeyama and no Chinese. Hope that clears it up.

Oh, and thanks Lukiest for the info on the menopause. If it can help that, then maybe it can help my periods be easier because they are a ****** sometimes. Cramps feel like contractions, and something tells me that it's not normal, especially when the doctor says nothing is wrong with you. Maybe it's toxins, metals and imbalance of hormones. Hopefully this will help with that too! I'm going to try this Earthrise for 15 days, and then I'll buy some Source Naturals after that and compare the two. Hopefully, they're all good and that way, we can get wahtever is available to us most easily.

I bought EarthRise Chlorella which is an Yaeyama Chlorella, Japanese.

I know. I was thinking about this as my periods are normally heavy and painful. So I hope it helps w/ that too as it helped my mom w/ menopause.

I was more impressed with how FAST it helped.

I think it's the CFG, with the whole cell turn over thing, causing rapid healing and balancing in the body.

luckiestdestiny

From what I've been reading, all chlorella has it, but depending on the brand and the type of chlorella, Yaeyama or Chinese, the amounts of CGF differ and apparently, you are supposed to choose the brand that has the higher amount. I guess it's better to buy a brand that lists it on the bottle so that you can know what the CGF is. Babydoll spoke of the Jarrow brand that was on vitacost.com, it had 950 mg of CGF, the highest I've seen so far. And at $43 for 200 servings, it's also one of the cheapest I've seen. It's a powder.

The website I'm on also tells the basics of what chlorella is and what it does, and basically it speeds up cell reproduction and turn over, assisting in healing, riding the body of free radicals and metals etc.... Which is why people are getting faster hair growth and nail growth. Hair and nails are made of the same proteins and chemical make up. They are both "dead" cells being pushed out of the body. So if you have high cell turnover then most likely you will have an increase in hair and nail growth, as well as dead skin cells renewing the skin and creating a more youthful appearance.... This stuff is the jank! Like for real! Thanks Babydoll and Luckiest for this thread! I am so psyched and I know that this will be a staple for a lifetime. I'm reading now about it's cancer ridding properties, as well as research that says the green pigment in chlorella has been known to shrink breast cancer tumors. OMG! So taking this forever!

Yeah I know, it has so many benefits!

MagnoliaBelle

Thanks Luckiest Destiny and everyone for sharing your Chlorella research. I took Sun Chlorella and Spirulina a few months ago for general health benefits, all of which have been mentioned here. I still have spirulina in the fridge which I will start back taking, and I'm going to Whole Foods for more Chlorella on tomorrow. I guess I stopped because you have to take soooo many pills. However, the benefits are worth it and I will add this to my supplement regimen again.

Last edited:

luckiestdestiny

Just posting this as an fyi. I was looking up source naturals on the internet to see if there were any cheaper prices for my next buy. Well I purchased 300 tablets at whole foods. They have a 600 tablet one for a little more than a couple dollars more and free shipping on
http://www.myvitanet.com/chya20600tas.html

Just in case anyone is interested. It's like $13 and change.
I'm probably going to order my next amount from there unless I find it cheaper (or I get powder), but they also have powder there too. But it's Double what I got for only 2 dollars more so I was a little psyched and thought I should let everyone know. They also have FREE SHIPPING. Read at the bottom as you have to enter a code. It's on the site how to do it but here it is too:
Instructions for free shipping offer:

Pick Standard Ground as shipping method.
At checkout enter Coupon Code V100 in box.
Failure to follow this will result in a shipping charge.

belle_reveuse28

Hey yall... For those of you who take kelp, how much are you taking? My bottle says to take one, which is 150 mcg. Can you take more or is that all you can take, especially since it's iodine?

belle_reveuse28

Hey Luckiest, what's your diet like? You mentioned in an earlier post that your diet along with this has given you over an inch a month... Thanks! :)

Lebiya

Ok so far the Jarrow has the most CGF at 950 mg, if anyone knows of a brand that contains more, pls let us know

onelove08

I take 3 kelp because that is what my bottle says. Be care with kelp if you have thyroid issues. I am hypothyroid and I do fine with it. I do not have a lot of energy without it. And also you may want to cycle your kelp. Try googling kelp side effects.