how can one avoid sweat disaster? advice pls!

FineChyna

yeah 2day was a real bad hair day and basically all because i sweat more than usual and there wasn't a single thing hair gel, a comb, or hair pins could do to lay the hair down. i figured it looked bad so advoided a mirror at all cost until i went to eckerds to get some things. i saw my hair and it was basically in a clumpy frizzy ponytail. it looked awful. my face look like this ---->

the short pieces of the hair on the hair line looked like they were trying to migrate to someone elses head and the frizz was horrible. i ended up coming home washing my hair and re conditioning to start from scratch. i don't think i should wash my hair more than 1x a week and i don't see how i can prevent from sweating. i am a naturally sweaty person which makes the problem already embrassing. it seems that having natural hair puts more heat on my scalp and gives water a place to leak from like a sponge. any ideas on what hair gels to use or ways to make hair sweat disaster proof other than braids?
currently i moisterize at night with HHB, braid & tie it up at night, unbraid gel and put up in a pony tail. i am currently using the brown protein hair gel since my eco syle pink gel wasn't cutting it

DahomeyAhosi

hey I sweat a lot too and there really is no way to prevent it but you did the right thing by washing right away. Rinsing should work as well. Whatever you do don't let the sweat sit on top of your head or you'll be experiencing some crazy shedding!

nmfsc

Since I think I am all that and a bag of chips today after visiting my hairdresser
, I can definitely testify to rinsing the salt out of your hair after sweating to combat the dryness and following it up with a nice conditioner and whatever maintenance plan of your choosing after that. My hair was shedding like crazy after my 3x/week workouts and I was at my wits end. After reading about the conditioner rinses and following the examples set forth on the board, my hair has done a major 360 in 3 weeks. I am enjoying soft, smooth, silky feeling hair and I don't know how to act