How Did You Know....?

Frizzyb

When I recently pressed it out. Had to do the classic white girl flip to get it out of my face and it kept coiling around my neck so I had to keep pulling it back, as if to make a ponytail just to gather it all to the back. Moves I learned from Becky. At first I couldn't wait to grow it out and then let it flow but now I appreciate my natural state cause bra strap length is barely shoulder when curly. And it stays put to boot, guess there ain't no pleasing me.

There's no reprieve from my hair now :lol: it's about 15 inches unstretched and 24/25inches stretched. It used to be I could wear it natural, then it was a ponytail, then a bun. Now nothing :lol:

My hair is subconsciously always on my mind. I'm moving it out of the way, leaning forward when people pass behind me just in case etc.

Last edited:

Frizzyb

There's no reprieve from my hair now :lol: it's about 15 inches unstretched and 2ft+ stretched.

My hair is subconsciously always on my mind. I'm moving it out of the way, leaning forward when people pass behind me just in case etc.
Girl!!! That's a lot of hair must take you sooo long on wash day and styling I won't even mention...

nothidden

TeamNatural95-Fractals/Zigzags
Comparison pictures from a DevaCut a few months before; being forced to work in sections; and increased volume.

LiftedUp

• When I kept feeling something crawling on the back of my arm and it was my hair.
  • When my stylist started making me stand for trims.
  • When I had to begin putting my hair over my shoulder before leaning back on chairs
  • When my hair became to big for my favourite scarf :cry3:

mzteaze

Pilates and Yoga Kinda Gal
Two months? That's impressive/amazing.
Pass the secrets this way!:drunk:

Lol no real secrets. I follow a modified Cathy Howse program, so most weeks I do a light shampoo and DC (protein once, moisture the other) twice a week. I take Biotin 10K and MSM. Applied JBCO, emu and peppermint to my scalp almost every night while drinking bamboo tea.

Tried to get 10,000 steps a day and do hot yoga at least twice a week.

ETA:. Here's just one example. Had a thinning issue I've been dealing with since January. Excuse my crazy looking twists.... But I used to do 4 twists just to get my ends up, now I have to do 6.

Feb 3

Today

Last edited:

krissyhair

Lol no real secrets. I follow a modified Cathy Howse program, so most weeks I do a light shampoo and DC (protein once, moisture the other) twice a week. I take Biotin 10K and MSM. Applied JBCO, emu and peppermint to my scalp almost every night while drinking bamboo tea.

ETA:. Here's just one example. Had a thinning issue I've been dealing with since January. Excuse my crazy looking twists.... But I used to do 4 twists just to get my ends up, now I have to do 6.

Feb 3
That's a beautiful difference

krissyhair

I notice my hair gets longer when a couple random pieces start to creep and I notice a few curls longer than the rest. They eventually all catch up.

Daina

I haven't yet, I have hairanorexia even though my hair is basically BSL and it has grown several inches in a short amount of time. I get a decent amount of shrinkage too so I think it makes it more difficult for me to really tell unless I straighten.

leogirl321

When I could put my hair up in a high bun and not have the back pieces falling out.

And when I felt my hair brush the tops of my shoulders for the first time when I turned my head. Lastly, when it was wet in the shower and I picked it up and dropped it on my back and felt it smack. :grin:

Now that I'm almost 9 months into transitioning I just have to take a look at my new growth and think, "Whoa my hair grew really fast!!"

Bunnyhaslonghair

Ebonics Queen

Feb 3

Today
Go @mztease! This before and after deserves a thread of it's own! Good job.

blackeyes31626

There's no reprieve from my hair now :lol: it's about 15 inches unstretched and 24/25inches stretched. It used to be I could wear it natural, then it was a ponytail, then a bun. Now nothing :lol:

I love your bun.