HOW DO YOU BLOWDRY NATURAL 4A HAIR

writtenthought

ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS I WOULD LIKE TO LIGHTLY BLOWDRY MY HAIR LIKE 1X AWEEK LIKE PIC IN MY SIGGY FOR THE WINTER. I KNOW THERE ARE NATURALS HERE WHO BLOWDRY AND PRESS OF FLAT IREON AND HAVE RETAINED ALL THERE LENGTH. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

Sorry, I don't blow dry my hair too much at all but would advise using a heat protectant when using any heat appliance.

Someone should be in here soon to help you.

ANYONE HAVE ANY TIPS I WOULD LIKE TO LIGHTLY BLOWDRY MY HAIR LIKE 1X AWEEK LIKE PIC IN MY SIGGY FOR THE WINTER. I KNOW THERE ARE NATURALS HERE WHO BLOWDRY AND PRESS OF FLAT IREON AND HAVE RETAINED ALL THERE LENGTH. ANY SUGGESTIONS?

I'm not a natual, but I would say that you should do it in small sections. You know what, I saw a good thread about blowdrying natural hair. It was a blowdrying brush. The company it's made by is Babyliss and there's a video on it. Visit the thread below.

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=138867

I'm getting this next week!

You should do it in small sections. That way, it keeps you from over heating the hair. Its easier to get a small section straight than a big one. Plus there is less abuse that way. Oh and the brush is the most important thing as well.

Here is what you will need to do to get that look in your siggy.

Part your hair in about 8 sections. I usually start in the back because it is easier to see going forward. Take the first section in the back pull/stretch it out to its full length w/out pulling too hard.

Take your blown dryer and run it up and down the hair you have stretched out until it is dry. This will help stretch the hair out without the use of a comb or brush and will give you the look you want.

I do this anytime I blow my hair out and it is a huge time saver.

Be sure you comb through each section prior to blowing it out and your hair should be wet to semi wet to get a good stretch from the blow-dryer.

Back