How do you frequent hair washers find the time to wash ur hair so often?

krissynick

How do you frequent hair washers find the time to wash ur hair so often?

Doesnt it take long to style afterwards? when i do my hair it takes about another 2 hrs to finish

Please elaborate cause if washed my hair like 2 -3 times per week and had to rollerset i woudl die... ti would take tooooooooo long... hwo do u guys do it?

gymfreak336

I usually do my hair in the evening. I will wash it and through in some conditioner, cover with a plastic cap and do something like wash dishes, start dinner, study, etc.... Then I rinse it out when I go take my shower. I rollerset quickly (practice makes perfect) so I usually have my rollers in in about 15 mins. I then go watch tv, do some homework or whatever until I am ready for bed. I then sit under the dryer for 30 minutes or so until my hair is dry, take them out, wrap it up and go to bed.

Cichelle

I don't know how people manage it who actually style their hair. I usually don't style my hair, except to put it in a bun or simple updo. Therefore I can cowash often.

locabouthair

I usually do my hair in the evening. I will wash it and through in some conditioner, cover with a plastic cap and do something like wash dishes, start dinner, study, etc.... Then I rinse it out when I go take my shower. I rollerset quickly (practice makes perfect) so I usually have my rollers in in about 15 mins. I then go watch tv, do some homework or whatever until I am ready for bed. I then sit under the dryer for 30 minutes or so until my hair is dry, take them out, wrap it up and go to bed.

wow it takes me like 45 minutes to rollerset.Don't ask why. That's why i can't imagine washign more than once a week. I did want to DC 2x a week because my hair becoming very dry but with the rollersetting I don't know.:ohwell:

gymfreak336

wow it takes me like 45 minutes to rollerset.Don't ask why. That's why i can't imagine washign more than once a week. I did want to DC 2x a week because my hair becoming very dry but with the rollersetting I don't know.:ohwell:

It used to take me forever but with practice I got faster. I also use the snap covers on most of the rollers and roll a couple with the clips in the front.

I part my hair in the shower. I bought a pack of plastic duck bill clips and I use them to clip each section. I let the water help me detangle and I use my shower comb and fingers to part my head into 6 sections. I clip each one in the shower. When I get out I take one section down at a time, rub or spray on some leave in part in three sections, throw in three rollers and keep it moving. Doing it this way, it doesn't take long.

ravenmerlita

Some days I'll just do a wash and go or wash and then just ponytail. Some days I will rollerset or wrap and go under the dryer. I can rollerset in 10-15 minutes or wrap in 5 minutes, and then dry for 40-45 so it doesn't take that long.

Isis

The trick is to find a way to make the time work for you, as Gymfreak does. ;)

I wash and DC 2 x each week. I do it earlier in the evening, rollerset and airdry for the rest of the evening and overnight. I use a faster way to rollerset (Sylver2's scarf method) usually, which is less manipulation and the results are very pretty. For special occasions, I use Macherieamour's method, which takes a little longer but the results are well worth it.

The next day, I can choose to wear a nice, bouncy rollerset, which only takes 5 o 10 minutes to remove the rollers and finger-comb the curls or wear any other style. BTW, all of my styles take only a few minutes to do. My low braided bun, ponytail and French Twist, for example, can take as little as 3 minutes to do. :)

Last edited:

bablou00

I wash everyday but I dont style my hair unless it the weekend and I have to be somewhere. I usually wash with a conditioner all week then scrunch my hair up and put it up in a clip or bun. This is how I wear my hair 98% of the time. yeah I might not look all that great but I dont have the time and my hair isnt strong enough to style it everyday.

YUMMY28

I wash with vatika oil (i leave it on for a hour) and rinse apple my leave ins and i braid 3 big braids i take them out in the morning and put my hair in a bun

Reinventing21

Spreading my wings
Hi! I am one of those who has ZERO patience for styling even tho I wear my hair down. I do not use any heat at all. Usually after washing I comb my hair in the direction that I want my style to fall. Then I decide the texture I want - wavy, straight, or semi-straight. If I want wavy, I braid damp hair (the wetter, the wavier, and the dryer the looser). If I want semi straight I let it air dry and use Carusos. To get it straighter I would have to use a straightening gel or wet set. I don't have the patience to wet set, so I rarely wear my hair straight, except when the stylist flat irons it for me. So basically, most of the time is going toward washing and conditioning, and very little toward actual styling. I can wear cute hair styles this way tho.:yep:

lilamae

i've been co washing every other day. If I do it in the morning i just put on some lacio lacio and put in it an nice sleek pony tail and let it air dry.

At night, I let it air dry down and it usually rises pretty big like the pic below in my siggy. It has made my hair very thick and healthy.

Leslie_C

I just discovered ponytail rollersets for when Im in a hurry and I think Ill be doing these for the most part, especially when Im short on time. I part my hair almost down the middle but a little off to the side and do 3 ponytails on each side. Then I put 1 or 2 big rollers (purple) on each ponytail and sit under the dryer for 30 to 40 minutes. When I took it down it looked pretty much just like my other rollersets when I comb them out. Then I wrapped it. Im gonna experiment with smaller rollers to get a more curly look but Im thinking I would just use flexi rods overnight or caruso's in the morning to get curls. I think this is especially good for stretchers bc u can pull ur roots straight with the ponytails...straighter than u can get them with the rollers alone.

My other quick style was about 8-10 plaits or twists and airdrying overnight or under the dryer and that gives me a nice style too.

Whether its a braidout/twistout or rollerset...I normally do a ponytail or some kind of updo...or sometimes just throw on a headband.

I also used to do wash n gos a lot but my hair doesnt seem to cooperate lately so I prefer braidouts for more defined waves/krinkles...

EMJazzy

Happily retired
On a daily basis I wear my hair in a fresh wash n' go (which requires me to wash it everyday) so from start to finish is 20 mins (30 mins tops) it's easy to find the time because that's the only "style" I wear it in....It takes me longer than that to get my daughter ready each day. :look:

sareca

I oil rinse then wash n go 2-3X/week. It takes just a few minutes to oil rinse then just like the style's name I go. I don't even wait for my hair to dry. It'll dry on the way to where ever I'm going. :yep:

Last edited:

Whimsy

In the summer and when i go thru my frequent wash phases, I usually just do it in the a.m. when I wake up. Doesn't really take up too much time for me.

blazingthru

I cowash everyday I style my hair as well but my hair is not long so I guess its easier for me.

I wash my hair every single day weekends and week days. I cowash with my conditioner mixed with olive oils. I can't do the oil washes my drain can't handle it. then I detangle and moistures my hair and decided from there how I am going to wear it some times out or in a bun or in a ponytail

Longhealthyhair

I wash 3 times/week: Tuesday, Friday, and Sunday. Here's what I do:

Prepoo (with conditioner), wash (cowash or shampoo) & deep condition. I do each step in four sections which I take out one at a time, apply product, and pin up and then work on the other section. Then I comb out in the shower (a section at a time) apply leave-ins in the shower, and put each section into a bantu knot to dry. I usually air dry the sections in the bantu knots overnight and in the morning I take out the sections and put my hair into a bun. The ends might still be wet but that's okay because I baggie them and put a phony pony on top of the baggie. HTH :drunk:

bravenewgirl87

It just like taking a bath when i co-wash. I rinse my hair first with hot water and then I rub conditioner over it and place a shower cap on. Then, when I'm ready, I detangle with my fingers and rinse.

I rollerset everyday, so it doesn't take me much time. I'm pretty quick with it.

Angelicus

When I conditioner-wash my hair 3x a week, I am usually putting it in a wet bun. It really doesn't take much time-- 20 minutes at the most. I do not wash my hair in sections when I do this, nor do I roller set.

Now if I am over 10 weeks post-relaxer, I do not bother with daily washing.

itismehmmkay

I wash in the tub. This way it's just a regular routine for me. As soon as I get out, I rollerset my hair with the snaps on. This takes me about 15-20min and I have shorter hair (which means more rollers; the longer my hair gets, the fewer rollers I really need).

In the morning, I just pop the rollers out and comb them out. If I want a sleeker look I may go over the preset curls w/ a curling iron before combing. This takes me anywhere from 5-20 mins.

:grinwink:

Cleve_gryl

I used to wash and rollerset my hair 2x a week...but lately I've been doing the big wash once and then cowashing a second or third time during the week. After the cowash its either wash n go, or into a wet bun.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
On Wednesdays I make sure I either do it early in the morning or late in the afternoon . On Sundays though, it's pretty much anytime during the day because that's my lazy day. I wash 2x a week. I wash, DC w/heat every time, and air dry. It's just a matter of finding out what works best according to your own schedule.