How Do You Know It's Their Hair?

How Do You Know It\'s Their Hair?

I'm sure some of you have been asked this question from friends or family that have seen the pics on this site. I know I have been asked that question a couple of times when I'm viewing pics. Has anyone ever been found out to have posted questionable or bogus pics? I didn't think so but just thought I would ask.

ms_kenesha

Re: How Do You Know It\'s Their Hair?

A while ago we had a troll that posted bogus pictures, but the regulars here, have regular progressing pictures so it would be hard to fake that. I believe that most of the members here are legit. It's amazing how people just can't seem to believe that black women can grow long, healthy hair

sillygurl18

I haven't been on here that long, but I trust the people on the board. Some people have been on here a while and have seen someone's hair journey from start to finish and they know they didn't have shoulder lenght one month and bra strap length the next. I haven't seen any pictures that look bogus. Maybe someone has done this in the past, but I haven't seen it since I have been on here.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

My family is the same way. They say, "That's a weave" or "That's a family member/friend/complete stranger..." And they really blasted the people that don't post pictures. Why I don't know--they would just think the pics were fake anyway.
I stopped sending them links a long time ago.

They think they are the only people that can grow hair.

diamondlady

I've found the people here to be geniune and caring. They share information and I've personally met some of them. THEY ARE NOT FAKE!!!. My hair has improved and has grown since I've been following the advice I've received here. We did have a troll once with a fake picture, but that came to light real soon.

ms_kenesha

[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I remember that troll! Wasn't it a bikini pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup!

Karonica

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
[ QUOTE ]
Karonica said:
I remember that troll! Wasn't it a bikini pic?

[/ QUOTE ]

Yup!

[/ QUOTE ]

That was hillarious because it was a backshot at that! I was thinking, "Girlie, we only need to see your head, not all that!"

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

The poster revealed herself on April Fools Day. She said we would believe anything anyone said about growing hair inclusing putting doggy doo doo in our hair. She called us fools for coveting an Asian woman's hair, etc. It was ugly. All traces of the "longhairdiva" have been removed, thank God!

Chipmunk

Oh I remember her. I didn't see the post where she revealed she was fake though.

sassygirl125

Professional PJ

[ QUOTE ]
Chipmunk said: I didn't see the post where she revealed she was fake though.

[/ QUOTE ]

You're lucky. She had a couple of friends, too.
It was several minutes before the mods could get it under control.

@ "several minutes"! Most boards let stuff like that go on for DAYS! That's why I like it here.

fancypants007

Don't ya remember, she said that she achieved her length which was waaaaaayyy pass her waist, i think down to her buttocks by using vigoral hair relaxer. Now if any of us have used vigoral hair relaxer, we know that it can really jack up our hair. In fact i learned by mistake, (I put one in my hair about 2 years ago) to soften the newgrowth as i was transitioning, and let me tell you, the problems i had with my hair i.e., brittle, hard, dry; it took a lot of TLC to get the problem under control. I since learned that vigoral relaxer dries out the hair like nobody's business. Fortunately, that relaxer is only on the very tips of my hair and i will soon be going for a trim to get it all removed so i will be completely natural. So when she said that she used vigoral hair relaxer as one of her staples to achieve her hair length, then automatically i knew something is not right.

BlkHoneyLuv2U

I trust the people on this site too. What would any of the ladies here have to gain by posting bogus pictures? Unless they own stock in the different beauty supply shops, hair care products, I dont see a point/reason to lie about the growth/length of their hair. That is one of the main reason's I like this site is because of the pictures that are there to back up the claim. No one is being asked to buy this product or that product. We are just stating what we have found that works best for our hair, try it if you want if not, no love loss, none gained.

shinyblackhair

OMG!! I remember seeing the name longhairdiva, but I don't remember the fiasco! LOL...

To answer the question, I don't believe there are any fakes on this board, but that doesn't necessarily mean that I haven't wondered if anyone would do that. Hey the internet is a BIG place, and you just don't know who lurks on any given forum.

Supergirl

With Love & Silk

I remember that girl
Yeah, the hair was waaaaaaayyy down to about her knees just about & it was a black woman in a bikini (unless she changed the skin color some kind of way--it didn't look like an Asian woman at all)

Anyway, I trust the people on the board and like Ms. K said, the pics show progress & it would be hard to fake that.

Nyambura

surfer girl

I missed the fiasco too (thank goodness). I assume everyone's hair is theirs. :shrug:

S

Stylepink

I think everyone here is for real. I have always gotten good advise and helped others whenever possible. I love this board.

fine_beauty

Jesus, I Trust In You!

If my memory serves me well, she also presented her daughter with lengthy hair!

I was genuinely happy for her length. O my, so it was false? People do give people a BAD NAME!!

BlkHoneyLuv2U

[ QUOTE ]
Supergirl said:
Anyway, I trust the people on the board and like Ms. K said, the pics show progress & it would be hard to fake that.

[/ QUOTE ]
Exactly, and I know for a fact that the proof is in the puddin. My own hair growth since coming here has been phenominal. I am so impressed with my own success just by using the information I've gained here. Dont worry about the haters, just prove to them that it can be done when they see how you own hair is progressing.

LiqueXX

I think it is sad that someone would post fake pics. Anywho, I love this site and believe that black women can grow their hair long with the right care and products. Also, lately I have noticed that more and more black women have hair below shoulder length that is their own:). It is all about how far black haircare has come and what we have learn about our hair.

Dang, that'shame about that troll. I don't think I was lurking then. I guess I missed it.

I trust everyone here too.

Islandgirl

I remember that troll. She looked black asian from the pics or asian with a good tan, and she had pic of a girl she claimed was her daughter too, but she hid the girl's face. I was so happy that i didn't praise her about her hair, i remember people asking her about her regimen etc. Alot of people believed her.

anyway, sometimes the only thing i'm skeptical about ( but honestly its just me hating) is when someone posts a pic of themselves one month and a month later that person has gained 2-3 inches of hair. My friends and I are always like what? why can't my hair grow that fast within a month, but honestly we just hating sometimes.

miss_brown

I pretty much trust all the posters and everyone seems sincere. Besides, those pics are strictly inspirational, so even if someone's hair was a weave, that doesn't mean I can't strive to have natural hair that beautiful too.

More importantly, though, anyone who would post fake pictures on a website is a lunatic.
It's hard for me to imagine what anyone would gain from that.

Thanks for the replies ladies. I too trust that the pics on the site are legit. I have gained so much knowledge and have so much respect for you ladies. My progress is coming along nicely. Happy hair growing, and Merry Christmas!

prettyblac

WOW! I MISSED THAT! THANK GOODNESS! ALL THE OLDER MEMBERS HERE KNOW WHAT WE LOOK LIKE BECAUSE WE PM EACH OTHER PICTURES OF OUR ACTUAL FACES AND HAIR AND IF SOMEONE USED A PIC FROM THE NET OR A MAGAZINE THEY WOULD GET CAUGHT BECAUSE ALL THE LADIES HERE ARE REAL SAVVY NET USERS EXCEPT FOR ME I HAVE NO COMPUTER SKILLS. SO THE BOTTOM LINE IS LET'S JUST KEEP IT "REAL" HAPPY HAIR GROWING