How do you moisturize your stretched/straightened hair?

robot.

I keep my hair stretched hair most of the time and I'm still trying to figure out how to keep my hair moisturized in between washes. During the summer, this wasn't a problem but now that it's cold, I want to begin moisturizing at least once or twice a week. Two problems with that:

1) (too much) Water makes my hair begin to revert
2) I can't rub a moisturizer through my hair without creating more frizz

Apart from coconut oil, what do you guys do to moisturize? I really would like to find a nice spritz (or a recipe for one). Any suggestions? TIA. :)

Nonie

robot. I don't use any moisturizer when my hair is straightened. Like westNDNbeauty, I get all my moisture during the DCing prior to flatironing then when I flatiron I seal my hair with a serum. So it wouldn't even make sense to apply a moisturizer because the serum makes it impossible for moisture to penetrate...and it seems to stop its loss too because my hair stays soft for the whole week I'm straight.

If I stretch my hair with braids, I don't mind shrinkage so I use S Curl. I suspect if I didn't like shrinkage I might use an oil (like coconut, safflower, avocado, monoi) or leave some conditioner in my hair and do braid-outs.

robot.

robot. I don't use any moisturizer when my hair is straightened. Like westNDNbeauty, I get all my moisture during the DCing prior to flatironing then when I flatiron I seal my hair with a serum. So it wouldn't even make sense to apply a moisturizer because the serum makes it impossible for moisture to penetrate...and it seems to stop its loss too because my hair stays soft for the whole week I'm straight.

If I stretch my hair with braids, I don't mind shrinkage so I use S Curl. I suspect if I didn't like shrinkage I might use an oil (like coconut, safflower, avocado, monoi) or leave some conditioner in my hair and do braid-outs.
I steam/DC and seal every week. My hair isn't dry-dry, but I would feel better with some midweek moisture. :lol: I just always need to be doing something.

I tried my making own spritz and I think the Qhemet made it hard. I know some ladies have had that problem before.