How do you moisturize?

devin

I know this is a dumb question, but how do you ladies who moisturize daily do it? Meaning what technique do you use? I know that it is not good to manipulate your hair. So do you use finger combing technique and part through and spray each section of hair with moisturizer, or just spray the moisturizer on top of the hair? Do you really soak the hair or just make sure that it is damp? Help me out!:confused:

Divine Inspiration

Hey girlie!

That's actually a good question, IMO.

I only use my moisture spritz after week 7 or 8, but when I do use it, I section my hair off with my hands, and go through spritizing each section. If I'm wearing a textured style, I may saturate it and re-set the style. Otherwise, I just mist over each section.

During the first 6-7 weeks, I use Giovanni Direct, jojoba oil (thinking of trying grapeseed), and Giovanni SOTT. I don't put product in my hair every day b/c
1) I don't think it's necessary
2) I don't like weighed down hair
3) My hair begins to break when it's overwhelmed with product
So on poo/CW day, I'll lightly oil my scalp w/ WGO using my Jilbere de Paris shower comb. Then I'll apply Giovanni to the NG and the length. I'll follow the Giovanni w/ WGO or jojoba to seal, and then apply jojoba & Giovanni SOTT to the last inch of my hair. This strategy has worked really well because I don't usually have to oil my scalp again until next poo/CW day (3-7 days later). So every 2-3 days, I may apply Giovanni Direct to the length, using my fingers to part. I'll use duckbill clips to section it off, and apply Giovanni and jojoba then seal the ends. If I'm experiencing a lot of dryness, I'll spritz Hot Six Oil (the one that comes in a spray bottle) or my moisture concotion.

Whew! Sorry to type you to death...
HTH

{DI}

devin

thank you very much! i appreciate the response. your regimen sounds great!:)

Divine Inspiration said:
Hey girlie!

That's actually a good question, IMO.

I only use my moisture spritz after week 7 or 8, but when I do use it, I section my hair off with my hands, and go through spritizing each section. If I'm wearing a textured style, I may saturate it and re-set the style. Otherwise, I just mist over each section.

During the first 6-7 weeks, I use Giovanni Direct, jojoba oil (thinking of trying grapeseed), and Giovanni SOTT. I don't put product in my hair every day b/c
1) I don't think it's necessary
2) I don't like weighed down hair
3) My hair begins to break when it's overwhelmed with product
So on poo/CW day, I'll lightly oil my scalp w/ WGO using my Jilbere de Paris shower comb. Then I'll apply Giovanni to the NG and the length. I'll follow the Giovanni w/ WGO or jojoba to seal, and then apply jojoba & Giovanni SOTT to the last inch of my hair. This strategy has worked really well because I don't usually have to oil my scalp again until next poo/CW day (3-7 days later). So every 2-3 days, I may apply Giovanni Direct to the length, using my fingers to part. I'll use duckbill clips to section it off, and apply Giovanni and jojoba then seal the ends. If I'm experiencing a lot of dryness, I'll spritz Hot Six Oil (the one that comes in a spray bottle) or my moisture concotion.

Whew! Sorry to type you to death...
HTH

{DI}

HoneyDew

I moisturize with creams and I use it daily with my fingers and hands. I have found the creams that I can use that don't seem to cause breakage.

krissyprissy

I use Hawian Silky 14 in 1 moisturizer and activator. I just spray a nice amount in the palm of my hands and work it in my hair. I try not to use to much because I dont want wet hair. I love this stuff because it dries quickly and leaves my hair moisturized but not greasy.

devin

thank you ladies! i will definitely incorporate these techniques into my routine.:D

CAPlush

I oil my hair a couple of times a week. I use the tip of the bottle to apply to my scalp, and then rub in with my finger tips. Then I make a few circles with the tip of the bottle on the palm of my hand, rub my hands together, and run the palms over the back of my hair to get the ends.

*ElleB

Am I the only one who does it in like 100 sections? :lol: (well maybe not that much) but alot....My hair doesnt feel fully moisturized if I don't...Am I overdoing it? I'm gonna try just working it in with hands, cuz the way I do it takes up to a half hour sometimes....

MizaniMami

I made a concoction in a mist bottle just to help me on my low manipulation challenge.

I just take out my pony or clip, and spray, using my fingers to spread/open the hair and areas. No real technique, except to really concentrate on the ends. Then I just seal the outside of my pony and my ends with oils. Most of the hair in the middle doesn't get dry becausse it has a barrier or hair to protect it, so I don't worry about sealing those areas.

sassyhair

I usually, run the tip of my oil bottle throught my hair then massage my scalp for a lil bit. I then put a dime sized amount of vitapointe on my hands and rub together then rub through my hair. Lastly I seal the vitapointe with my oil but squeezing a few drops on my hands and rubbing together then rubbing through my hair.