Votes: 43 13.1%
  • Layers are nice but only if subtle/long

Votes: 85 25.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Imani

I like layers. They just have to be well placed layers for the look you are going for, your face shape, and hair density.

For instance I have fine hair that is maybe medium density so I don't really have a full head of hair. For me I ONLY have layers in the front like face framing and then I part it on the side so that I can have some volume with a rollerset.

Someone with a thick head of hair could do a lot of layers and would still have a decent amount of hair.

The thing about layers is depending on your hair type and density if you don't style it all the time it doesn't look nice. Even a slight bend helps it look polished.

Wow, blast from the past! Three years later, I had to ask myself do I still feel the same way about layers? Pretty much. As of now, I still have them, but they are longer than before and thats the way I'd like to keep it as I grow my hair out-long subtle layers.

The above quote hits it right on the nail to me. It really just depends on the density of the hair and what style suits the person's face. People with really dense full hair can get away with more layers.

My hair is about medium density and gets thinner towards the back, so I look best with only subtle layering up top/around my face. When I have layers in the back it makes my hair look really thin and mullet-like.

Janet'

^^^Agreed! I still love layers and when I reach my ultimate goal I am going to go long layers crazy!!!