Votes: 43 13.1%
  • Layers are nice but only if subtle/long

Votes: 85 25.9%
  • Not sure

Votes: 17 5.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Gracie

Just curious. I think i have a love-hate relationship with my layers. When my hair is not styles it looks thin, short, and even damaged due to the uneveness. But when its curled/styled, it can look full and sexy. Also it seems like once u get them they are darn near impossible to grow out.

How do you feel?

You took the words right out of my mouth

BlondeByDesire

Just curious. I think i have a love-hate relationship with my layers. When my hair is not styles it looks thin, short, and even damaged due to the uneveness. But when its curled/styled, it can look full and sexy. Also it seems like once u get them they are darn near impossible to grow out.

How do you feel?

I feel exactly the same way - I have layers now and I love the look when curled - but any other style doesn't look good. I agree they are hard to grow out. I got my hair layered/cut again in April because of some breakage and my goal is to grow them out to an even length. My avatar is before my April cut - I'm not at shoulder length with longest layer.

shetara20

well... i have layers right now that I am tryin to grow out.it makes it harder for me to put my hair in protective styles because im always worried if it wont stay all down!!!!

Ladylyn

I deffinately have a love-hate relationship. Love the way it looks but hate how it grows out. It's the reason my hair looks so uneven and thin in some spots

Sui Topi

I don't understand how some people's hair naturally grows all one length after a bc. Mine seems to be growing in layers because its growing from the same place but in different areas of my head. Generally, they are the same length or near the same length, but since the hair is positioned differently, when straightened or whatever, they don't fall at the same length, the hair at my crown falls higher than the hair at my nape...if that makes sense. When I was relaxed, my hair broke into layers, and since my hair kind of grew near the same rate, once again it naturally went into layers.

froggie08

When I was high school I thought I looked so stylish with them. NOW I hate them I really wish my hair was more even. So I pretty much hate my layered hair that does not seem to be growing evenly any time soon.

NJoy

Here I grow again!

How do you feel?

Oh, you couldn't tell me NOTHING when I first got them around around christmas. And I love the long, layered, curls-cascading-down-the-back look but, right now, while I'm doing nothing with my hair, I regret it every day. :sad: Why oh WHY did I let that woman near my hair with a pair of scissors? :wallbash:

NaturalBoss

I don't like layers in my hair. I wear my hair up (ponytail, bun, puff) 95% of the time, so there's really no need for layers.

Unfortunately I have "accidental" layers in my hair. After transitioning for about 8 months I was getting tired of the 2 textures. On Christmas Eve (or the day before) of 2008, I was bored so I chopped my hair off. All I did was try and cut the relaxed hair off. I didn't focus on making it even or anything because I knew that I wasn't going to wear an afro. Needless to say, my hair has grown in with homemade layers. When my hair gets longer, I will probably get it evened up professionally. Even if I start wearing my hair down more, I still want it to be all one length.

douglala

Got them for the first day a couple weeks ago and I absolutely hate them!!!!

My fine hair just looks way to thin when it straight. When curly, it looks somewhat good but it is way to much maintenance to keep my hair curly every day.

I'm in the process of doing my first twistout in years. Hopefully I will love it so much that I will start to appreciate the layers. But right now I am counting down the months until they grow out.

I think I will like LONG and very subtle layers....maybe...

blue_flower

I got layers some years ago to make my hair less bulky. My mistake was getting them all over. My hair ended up looking thin and scragly. I tried to grow them out but just ended up giving myself a blunt cut. If I ever get layers again, it'll probably be up front only.

peachykeen

How do you feel?

I hate layers, I have had layers for years and they have yet to grow out. I fear I am going to have to cut them off to get them to not be there. I will never do this again.

Lynnerie

I dont like them but my hair grows in layers since my BC. I will probably keep them though cause I know I'm not patient enough to grow them out.

pisceschica

I like layers. They just have to be well placed layers for the look you are going for, your face shape, and hair density.

For instance I have fine hair that is maybe medium density so I don't really have a full head of hair. For me I ONLY have layers in the front like face framing and then I part it on the side so that I can have some volume with a rollerset.

Someone with a thick head of hair could do a lot of layers and would still have a decent amount of hair.

The thing about layers is depending on your hair type and density if you don't style it all the time it doesn't look nice. Even a slight bend helps it look polished.

Southernbella.

I don't understand how some people's hair naturally grows all one length after a bc. Mine seems to be growing in layers because its growing from the same place but in different areas of my head. Generally, they are the same length or near the same length, but since the hair is positioned differently, when straightened or whatever, they don't fall at the same length, the hair at my crown falls higher than the hair at my nape...if that makes sense. When I was relaxed, my hair broke into layers, and since my hair kind of grew near the same rate, once again it naturally went into layers.

ITA. I'm trying to grow out my layers now from my BC. I liked them at first, but now they are getting on my nerves.

DaDragonPrincess

I have a love/hate relationship with my layers, and want them to grow out. I'm not sure if I have natural layers or not, but its been this way for a long time.
:nono:

lux10023

blunt cut all the same length hair bores me..so i wouldnt wear it...

but i luv layers..gives hair some movement..and a lil pizzazz... ;o)

Rocky91

NYE side boob.
i think i'm through with layers. it was fun while it lasted though. once i hit shoulder again, i'm going fairly blunt to give my hair the illusion of thickness.

beans4reezy

At first, I didn't mind layers because that's just the way my hair grows. But, lately, I have been seeing some stunning U shapes and I want one!! If I can get to BSL this year, I will start slowly trimming to get a nice and full U by the time I hit my ultimate goal, MBL.

200AndOne

my hair has always grown in natural layers and I.CANT.STAND.THEM!

the back of my hair is at BSL, but the front is just chin length :wallbash:

SpicyPisces

3 Years Natural
Right now, I have layers from self trimming and HATE them. I'm BSB but the layers make my ponytails/buns look like I'm between SL-APL :wallbash:. Before my last trim, my hair looked really crazy...NL in the front (I had bangs as well), between APL-BSB on the sides and BSB/MBL in the back :perplexed. So when I trimmed last month, I made sure to compare each section I trimmed and would make them as close to the same length as possible. As a result, most of my hair is around the same length now (the top is still shorter but I don't mind since it's past SL).

Tiye

I have them naturally. I spent years idealizing blunt cuts and didn't like them. So it was funny when all of a sudden layers became a big thing - now I'm learning to appreciate them coz it's hard work fighting them. :)