How Has Your Regimen Changed Over Time

CenteredGirl

I was putting on my prepoo on Friday and reflected on how it has changed over the last year and a half.

• When I started I used cheapie condish on dry hair
  • Then I added oils and butters, still on dry hair
  • Then I used oils and butters alone on dry hair
  • Now I spritz water/glycerine/aloe concoction then apply oils and butters
It's just gotten better and better for me:grin:. Pick an aspect of your regimen and tell us how it has changed over time.

Thanks for indulging my curiousity.:thankyou:

almondjoi85

Well I didn't really have a regimen @ all. But then I started out using regular shampoos and conditioners, mainly dove or some other drug store brand. Now I use shikakai/amla powder rinses, shikakai shampoo soap, and miss key conditioner. I try not to over do it with heat and that's about it.

Lucky's Mom

Well, thanks to you CG :urock:- My regimen came together.... It took me about a year after joining hair forums to really get it together......

It is pretty much set - and it is exciting to see the good progress I have expereinced.

Kiss on the Cheek CG!!!!:iloveyou::smooches:

CenteredGirl

Well, thanks to you CG :urock:- My regimen came together.... It took me about a year after joining hair forums to really get it together......

It is pretty much set - and it is exciting to see the good progress I have expereinced.

Kiss on the Cheek CG!!!!:iloveyou::smooches:

Back at you Sam. I can't take credit because I see you as my personal hair guru. :thumbsup:

Brownie518

Well, for the most part, my regimen has finally been consistent. That's what a reggie is, I guess. I have found some great products that I use all the time. That doesn't mean I don't indulge my inner PJ and try new things. :rolleyes: Also, limiting my shampoos has made a huge difference in the condition of my hair. More moisturized and tame. Deep conditioning at every wash is a must for me now. My hair doesn't function properly if I don't. My scalp stays in great conditon and my hair is thriving. :yep:

halee_J

Don't worry be happy
I had a really bad case of PJism when I first started out but through this I found my staples. Then I discoved chelating solved my 'product not working anymore' then yogurt for manageability and reducing bulk in my hair, then SAA for silkiness, managing porosity and moisture retention.

That was going good then I tweaked my techniques. started DCing every wash for @ least 45 min that helped ALOT. But my biggest best tweak thus far....... STEAMING boy oh boy I can't say enough about this
:love4::love4: yes I love it that much lol. I use a hot, damp towel wrapped around my hair and covering that w/ 2 plastic caps then under the hood. Doin' this till I can afford a steamer although, this works so good I may not need one.

I can't even fathom not DCing this way.....the moisture in my hair is insane!! what tangles?!!!! frizz who?!! My hair is one happy camper!:yep:

Last edited:

JustKiya

It's grown and changed, as I've gained new knowledge, and as the condition of my hair improved.

I think that I have some constants as far as products go (henna, caramel treatment, seam-free combs), a couple of constants as far as technique/styling go (protective, little to no heat, low-mani), and a couple of constants as far as 'mindset' goes (kitchen witchery, inexpensive, natural).

Other than that - I expect my regi to keep growing and changing as I gain more knowledge, and my hair gains more length.

mscocoface

When I started my healthy hair care endeavor I would throw everything at it including the kitchen sink (no pun intended)

Then I got smarter and wiser and realized that this wasn't a quick fix, get long natural hair fast situation. The was a lifestyle change so when I changed my attitude then I understood.

So my regimen is no where near as extreme or changeable as it use to be. When my hair determines it doesn't like something anymore then I change.

Other than that it is stick with the routine until is stops working then adapt and adjust.

This change in mindset has also saved my pocketbook, I am a recovering PJ, hello everyone my name is Mscocoface. :yep::lachen:

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
When I first joined I washed and quick conditioned once a week, airdried, baggied every night and wore protective styles during the day

After about 9-10 months, I started daily co washing, still airdrying and bunning

Then I joined the deep condition challenge and started dc'ing with heat about 4 x's a week, still airdrying and bunning

Now I dc twice a week, still airdrying and bunning. And I baggy every day that my hair isn't wet

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
STEAMING boy oh boy I can't say enough about this
:love4::love4: yes I love it that much lol. I use a hot, damp towel wrapped around my hair and covering that w/ 2 plastic caps then under the hood. Doin' this till I can afford a steamer although, this works so good I may not need one.

I can't even fathom not DCing this way.....the moisture in my hair is insane!! what tangles?!!!! frizz who?!! My hair is one happy camper!:yep:

Oooooooh!!! I've never heard of this! You just convinced me to try it, so I'm doing it tomorrow morning :grin:

gymfreak336

When I first started, my focus was the rebuild as much of my damaged hair as possible. I was doing weekly protein treatments and following with a moisturizing conditioner at each wash. I was using pretty strong stuff too.

After a year of that, I went into a more simple regime. Washing and deep conditioning twice a week but I still didn't have the right ratio or protein to moisture down. I was using quality products, just not the right ones in the right way.

Now I still wash and condition twice a week but I now know what to look for in my products to cater to my hair needs. I am a fine, medium density, overly porous, relaxed 3c/4a head and I pick my products according.