How is it that you are OBLIVIOUS to when the stylist is cutting your hair?

I keep telling people this. Go to SuperCuts or CostCutters and let Becky trim your hair. I do not allow black stylists anywhere near my hair with scissors. And, since I am now DIY in everything except trims, I may never see a black stylist again!

I go to supercuts as well and I have never had a problem since then. But I dont have Becky cut my hair, I only allow a black or a Latino because I feel they understand our hair better. I go in tell them what I want they show me what they have done and I see what they are doing from beginning to end and I pay my $20 bucks plus tip and leave. This one stylist that trims my hair used to work at the supercuts in the village (Manhattan, NY) just was moved to a new site and I followed her. Her customer service is impeccable and her hair cutting skills are the same. If anyone wants to go to her, Supercuts on 89th st and 1st Ave, stylist name is Crystal.

I am never oblvious but I WAS too trusting. I used to let people do whatever to my hair but if and when I do return to a salon I am going to check them out, talk to the stylist, see her work, and be as cautious as I can while she is cutting. I thought the hand held mirror would work but your right...how can you REALLY see so yea. IDK but all i know is I will be VERY VERY firm about my hair needs and wants. If not met I know there is a civil court somewhere and someone might be losing their license. I have a cold spot on my heart for jealous, terrible stylists. It's like how do they even get into the profession? I have a passion for healthy hair and hair care practices. That by itself is going to set me apart from alot of other black stylists.

I keep telling people this. Go to SuperCuts or CostCutters and let Becky trim your hair. I do not allow black stylists anywhere near my hair with scissors. And, since I am now DIY in everything except trims, I may never see a black stylist again!
I followed this advice in May and got a cut when I asked the white girl at the Hair Cuttery to trim my hair. I showed her where to cut and she moved the scissors to give me a blunt cut I did not ask for. Not doing that again...

I got a Dominican blowout today and asked for bangs, but got a trim...wasn't too happy about that, but at least she only dusted. You shoulda seen me spin around once I heard that snip come from the BACK :lachen:I may have been nonconfrontational in the past, but homie don't play that now!!

Back