How is your progress/hair goal going so far?

hothair

Well crossed fingers I am on course for full shoulder length:grin: I re-did my full weave :)look:yes again got bored with dark hair will post pics this weekend) My hair is about shoulder length but I want a nice full on the way to APL-looking shoulder length so still working to my goal. Decided to wash and DC once a week now, which means I have to break out my daily moisture mixture as this is the first time I've had my hair out with no issues of dryness:yep:

nicki6

I'm feeling awful impatient to reach APL, and my progress has been slow but steady:up:

God willing, I'll make it by year's end. The final goal is full APL all around and I expect that to take another 12-18 months.

SqrpioQutie

i believe i've hit a wall... i feel like i've been hovering right over bsl for the longest... i don't retouch again for 3 weeks... once i do that, i'll do a full blowout, see where i am...

i've been really frustrated lately...

SpiritJunkie

i am very happy with my progress right now. my hair is thickening up and getting longer. I've got a good routine in place that works for me. can't wait for next summer which will be my 2 year mark.

so far so good.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
My length is really not where I thought it would be this month. But, it has gotten much thicker and other's around me have noticed. I have gotten comments from friends and co-workers so something must be going right.

But I am STILL trying to grow out layers!!!! :nono: You can see them in my avatar pic. In the back I want it even!

I amhappy to say that I did not need a trim after my last touchup. That is a first for me! :grin:

Your hair looks amazing and it HAS grown!! :yep::kiss:

lollyoo

so far so good, think have made full shoulder length, but will know for sure in december, when i touch up.
hoping to make it armpit length by aug 2008, if all goes well.

fivetimestwo

For the first time in a long time I can honestly say I'm loving my hair. I've been natural for 3 years and I am just now finding the products that make my hair look and feel good. I also feel like I am getting good, consistent growth and my dryness issues have been solved. If I knew then what I know now, there's no telling how long my hair would be. I'm just glad I found some true staples so I don't have to be such a PJ.

RubyWoo

My length is really not where I thought it would be this month. But, it has gotten much thicker and other's around me have noticed. I have gotten comments from friends and co-workers so something must be going right.

But I am STILL trying to grow out layers!!!! :nono: You can see them in my avatar pic. In the back I want it even!

I amhappy to say that I did not need a trim after my last touchup. That is a first for me! :grin:

Your hair looks amazing and it HAS grown!! :yep::kiss:

Agreed! I am in love with your hairstyle (especially with the layers;)) in your avi Honeydew! Your hair has progressed significantly!

Anyhow, with regards to the topic I'm pretty happy with my progress thus far. I'm happy that my hair is growing and that I am retaining. My goal is to have thick ends and reach BSL by the end of the year. I believe I'll attain both my goals by Dec but not simultaneously. I need and plan to cut about 2 inches once my hair gets to BSL so that I can have thick, healthy ends. I'm happy with that because my hair will still be longer, thicker and look a whole lot better than last year:yep:. My goal for next year will be to have thick, healthy BSL.

Last edited:

shynessqueen

It's going as good as can be. I'm APL now. I have never been APL before. The down side is I"m in brads until the end of next summer so I won't get to play with my APL hair. Hopefully I will be MBL for next summer and get too play with that. I'm so happy with my hair. I can't believe I'm APL and can't show it off. Boohoo. I'm going to KIM. Y'all see me shine next Summer. I hope I'm BSL by then.

curlcomplexity

formerly qtslim83
So far so good. I didn't get a "summer growth spurt", but I think that because I live in Florida and it's hot here 80% of the year. I do want at least another inch before my reveal in December though...

meaganita

My hair is growing pretty cool right now.
But the breakage :nono:....I need a trim sumthin' awful.
I'm trying to hold out, but I'm not sure how much longer
I can take it. I did a search and destroy yesterday, but
still not much improvement. After a month of mild to moderate
protein treatments, I realized today that my hair is STILL
overly moisturized....*sigh* :sad:

Lioness

Re: How is your progress/hair goal going so far? (picture)

I was wondering how everyone's progress or hair goal is coming along.

Mine has been side tracked b/c I just cut 2 inches off yesterday. My ends were especially thin (the ends are relaxed and the rest has a lite texture softener) and I just couldn't have those thin unhealthy ends. I was BSL and my goal was to be MBL by Jan 08. Don't now if I'll now make my goal, but my hair is a lot healthier now:grin:

What about you?

Hi MrsHouston

My story is similar to yours, in that I was @ BSL, then last month I got it pressed, an realized that about 2-3" of the ends were thinner than the rest of the length, so on Sept 16, I cut about three inches off!!!!

So I'm back to APL, but my hair is much healthier, feels better, and I am hoping to be back at BSL by mid January 2008. At least by then our ends will be healthier, and therfore the BSL length will look better!

gabulldawg

I'm very happy with the way things have been going with my hair since I joined LHCF. Even though I have encorporated more healthy hair practices into my regimen, I keep it pretty simple and I think that is what helps. I'm currently so close to APL I can taste it! I should definitely be there by Dec 07. That is going to be a great Christmas present! My ultimate goal is MBL and it's looking more and more achievable everyday. There are times when I get discouraged, mainly about my thickness (or lack thereof) and my ends (I always wonder if they're split). Then there are days (like yesterday) when I can just feel or see that my hair is getting thicker and longer. :drunk: Overall, it's a fun journey and very exciting.

mrsjohnson75

I'm happy with my progress. I stick to my regimen and its working great for me. My hair was thin, dry, and never grew past neck length. Now its thick and getting thicker. I'm sooo close to APL. I can't wait to see the progress @ my 2 yr. anniversary in July 2008!! The only bad thing for me is that I underprocessed hair a week ago in the back, but underprocessing is better than overprocessing.

zora

Overall, this has been a horrible year for me. I've cut, snag, 'trimmed' my hair in a year where it grew substantially.

Right now, I'm back on track and the back of my hair is a solidly shoulder length. However the front and sides are not. It'll take a miracle to reach my goal of equal shoulder length, but I'm going for it anyway.

janeemat

Things were going exceptionally well until my last relaxer on Sept 7th. My stylist overprocessed me and I've had breakage and more shedding this time. I have little pieces of hair sticking straight up from where it broke at the line of demarcation. However, I'm using lots of protein/moist cond nursing it back. I also lost some of the thickness it had. I'm not sure when I will relax again but it will not be until my hair is really healthy again.

chavascandy

I guess you could say my hair progess is coming along just fine. A year ago I cut my hair off completely, leaving about 1 1/2 inches of hair on my head. Now, at this current moment my hair is brimming the top of my shoulders. The key is low munipulation and washing 2 to 3 times a week. Sometimes, I'd just cornrow my natural hair and slap on a wig.

Energist

I think my hair is going through some type of resting period where I am not seeing much new length, but a lot of new thickness.

net4721

Its been 4 months and its going pretty good. I need to cut my ends but I'm afraid to go to the salon for a trim. I guess I'll have to deal with it for now.

MrsHouston

My hair is growing pretty cool right now.
But the breakage :nono:....I need a trim sumthin' awful.
I'm trying to hold out, but I'm not sure how much longer
I can take it. I did a search and destroy yesterday, but
still not much improvement. After a month of mild to moderate
protein treatments, I realized today that my hair is STILL
overly moisturized....*sigh* :sad:

Your growth is AWESOME! I can't wait to see your update:drunk:

MrsHouston

Re: How is your progress/hair goal going so far? (picture)

Hi MrsHouston

My story is similar to yours, in that I was @ BSL, then last month I got it pressed, an realized that about 2-3" of the ends were thinner than the rest of the length, so on Sept 16, I cut about three inches off!!!!

So I'm back to APL, but my hair is much healthier, feels better, and I am hoping to be back at BSL by mid January 2008. At least by then our ends will be healthier, and therfore the BSL length will look better!

True. I didn't really like my BSL b/c I felt that is was too thin on the ends...I knew I'd have to cut it eventually:perplexed...may as well do it now and be a healthy BSL and MBL.

I'll be watching your progress.

MrsHouston

I'm happy with my progress. I stick to my regimen and its working great for me. My hair was thin, dry, and never grew past neck length. Now its thick and getting thicker. I'm sooo close to APL. I can't wait to see the progress @ my 2 yr. anniversary in July 2008!! The only bad thing for me is that I underprocessed hair a week ago in the back, but underprocessing is better than overprocessing.

Pretty bun in your avatar.

HoneyDew

Thanks Nixx and Serentity_Peace!

I am trying to keep it growing.
It is hard to deal with setbacks.

My setback was about 2 years ago and I am STILL trying to get over it. :nono:

I think I over estimated my hair's rate of growth and I get tempted to use growth aids. But, as long as I do see SOME progress, I think that it okay! :)

gymfreak336

To be completely honest....I am not happy.:nono::nono:

I have made progress this year in terms of overall texture and knowledge of what MY hair likes but I do feel like I am constantly going 3 steps foward just to go 4 steps back every 3-4 months. I was overprocessed during my january relaxer this year, got almost 3 inches chopped off this march, underprocessed twice which lead to two correctives and more breakage and thinness that I will be dealing with for a while.

If it weren't for those setbacks I know I would have been past shoulder length this year. :wallbash: I don't want to complain because I have gotten better at determining what my hair needs and at styling but I do feel like I do what I am supposed to do and I am still not seeing the results I should see:ohwell: I just trimmed my ends so that has helped with my recent tangling but in reality I really need to cut off another inch between now and the new year.

My problem spot, which is in the middle back section of my hair is still much thinner than the rest of my hair and it grows slower than the other sections so when people trim me, they take off too much trying to even my hair out. I have tried everything for that section and nothing seems to really work. I know I am having problems with this section because for YEARS every stylist would overprocess that one section and I think it has damaged my scalp.

I am trying to keep a positive attitude because I am thankful that I have any hair at all but some times I really get down about it. I don't want to complain because I know this takes time and letting go of specific length goals within a certain amount of time has helped me. I still would like to be brastrap by 2009 but I know that it might not happen then and that is okay with me. Its just that sometimes I feel like even arm pit length might not EVER happen. Who knows?

Meanwhile, my sister who fries, dyes, and lays to the side, has just started using no heat and deep conditioning once a week and her hair is starting to take off:perplexed

Oh well, let me stop complaining now

chocolate01

I made my goal of bra strap length two months ago. I don't think I want my hair any longer than this so I plan on just maintaing the length that I have.

D

donewit-it

After a year and 2 months of being natural and starting with less than 1/2 inches of hair, I am sporting a afro puff. If I don't say so myself it looks great. Sunday night I will attempt to post a picture ( I don't have my camera with me) Today I colored my hair with texture and tones. I've received two trims one in June of this year and the last one about 3 weeks ago. I had a dominican blowout and and a trim. Originally I blamed the stylist but after thinking about it... and trying to maintain the straightness throughout the week I was flatironing my hair with my Maxiglide probably way to high and sustained some heat damage. It isn't that bad,but I am mortified. Just looking at the straight pieces compared to my curls makes me sick:sad: I refuse to cut them with the hopes that they will revert over time. We will see. Working on a fotki also. See ya on the other side.:rolleyes: