How is your progress/hair goal going so far?

sareca

I went from SL to a few inches below APL my first year, but my ends were awful. I chopped it 4 inches to SL and I'm just now APL again. The ends are thick and healthy. I'm so excited! I should be at BSL by this time next year and mid-back (only 1.5 inches more) by December 2008! :yay:

MrsHouston

I went from SL to a few inches below APL my first year, but my ends were awful. I chopped it 4 inches to SL and I'm just now APL again. The ends are thick and healthy. I'm so excited! I should be at BSL by this time next year and mid-back (only 1.5 inches more) by December 2008! :yay:

Very pretty sareca

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched

Awesome progress Sareca! Absolutely gaw-geous!

I'm pretty pleased with my progress. My hair's growing, I'm retaining length,it's healthy, yes I'm happy. I'm not experimenting with any products right now. I'm just sticking to what works and K.I.S.S. with my lo mani regimen. I am on track for full BSL in December this year and then from there MBL here I come!!!!

sareca

Awesome progress Sareca! Absolutely gaw-geous!

I'm pretty pleased with my progress. My hair's growing, I'm retaining length,it's healthy, yes I'm happy. I'm not experimenting with any products right now. I'm just sticking to what works and K.I.S.S. with my lo mani regimen. I am on track for full BSL in December this year and then from there MBL here I come!!!!

Thanks! :) You're happy too? I'm glad it's not just me. :drunk: I have the health I always wanted now I'm just waiting on length which is coming faster than I expected. My hair looks an inch longer every time I detangle. :eek: Lo-mani is my new way of life. I can't imagine going back to combing 2-3X/week. :nono:

wheezy807

I can't complain and i won't complain. This forum had truly been a blessing to me! Since joining LCHF my hair has done nothing but flourish! This journey has been nothing but bltter sweet. I have had a few setback such as my scissor's happy stylist, but other than that my hair is responding very well to the tlc it is receiving. I have went from being stuck at SL (20yrs plus) to APL in seven months. Now i am less than an inch from BSL. Thank you LHCF!!

net4721

HairIam & Pecan Candy - Thanks ladies, your hair is progressing nicely also.
Soun - Thank you, that makes me feel better.

Lynnerie

My journey is getting back on track. I got a major trim in August but my hair is growing back so much better now. I am a few inches from APL in the back and in the front I have longer to go. I hope to be APL by March and full APL by summer time. Other than that its healthy and thick.

Before and After
Aug07707.jpgCIMG1393.JPG

My updo
CIMG1249.JPG

january noir

Sunny On a Cloudy Day
My progress has not been good for me. :sad:
  • I started my journey with thicker hair, but now it's much thinner. I started out doing well and then it all began to unravel. My sides have gotten much shorter, but I can say my hairline has improved. In the past I attained lengths that were BSL when I went to my hairstylist once per week, but I can't seem to get there again. Now that I do my own hair except for relaxer touch ups, my hair has suffered.
  • Since November 2006, I have had several big hair trims; 3 to be exact. The last one was 0n September 1, 2007 when my hairstylist had to "balance" my hair and he is one of those stylists that you have to literally beg to trim your hair. He will only do it if the hair is damaged or terribly uneven. I lost an inch or more with this cut. It's even now and since my touchup this Friday (7 weeks post) it is still even and I acquired my .25" as I always do. I am a slow grower.
  • I was stretching relaxers and detangling my fine/thin hair under running water in the shower and this has contributed to the thinning so I stopped that. Not good for my hair type :nono: but by the time I realized this, the damage had already manifested itself. I also realize that I cannot stretch relaxing longer than 7 weeks or it is breakage city!
  • As you can see in my siggy, the right side (my left) is scraggly and it grows like that no matter what I do. I have stepped up my game in moisturizing more thoroughly and babying the left side.
  • My hair refuses to grow longer on my sides and crown. The back of my hair will grow and grow long, no problem as you can see. But my sides are so scraggly.
  • My hair had to be cut in layers to make it appear fuller because of the breakage I have been experiencing in my crown area. It's mechanical breakage. Something I am doing is causing it. I know I have to be diligent and section my hair carefully and moisturize and seal each section instead of smoothing it on just the surface of my hair as I do. The problem I see with that is more manipulation. I try to be extra gentle with my hair and I guess I have to be even more gentle.
Damn! I won't be able to touch my hair at all soon! :lachen:

I have just started oil rinses and that helped a great deal the past several weeks. My hair likes it. I now also DC on dry hair with a little heat a la Sareca. The result is more moisturized hair and less breakage and shedding.

I have noticed from others here that it takes an average of 2 years before your hair really takes to a regimen. I pray that next year this time, I will be updating my fotki and can show pics of my progress. Right now, I am not happy with my situation.

The only thing I can say I like about my hair now is the richness and color that henna and indigo provide. I had to learn to deep condition and moisturize my hair BEFORE my henna/indigo treatments and apply on slightly damp hair. I had been applying my henna on dry hair and though the hair was stronger, the dryness contributed to my breakage issues.
I think I have this issue under control thanks to Sareca and Khadija (Henna Sooq).

However, my hair color is much better since I started learning at LHCF...

OH and let me not forget... The fact that I have hair at all is a blessing! :grin:

Last edited: