How Far Away Are YOU From Your Goal...

How Many Inches Are You From Your Next Length Goal?

• less than .05! Almost there!

Votes: 7 1.4%
  • 1- 1 1/2 inches

Votes: 15 3.1%
  • 1-2inches

Votes: 31 6.4%
  • 2-3 inches

Votes: 107 21.9%
  • 3 or more....I've got a long way...

Votes: 328 67.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PPGbubbles

1. How long is your hair now?

a lil below my shoulder

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal?

about 2" to reach APL hoping 4 that by Jan. And my ultimate goals is BSL which is a good 5" away

3. What are you doing to get there?

A lot of PS'n, weekly DC, being extra gentle when I manipulate my hair

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal?

Im giving myself till the end of 2010 to get to my ultimate goal....hopefully b4 my Bday in Nov...that would be cool!!!

polished07

1. How long is your hair now? Just at APL hopefully
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? my next goal lenght is BSL I would say about 2-3 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? GA, vits and Kiss method, oh and protective style w weaves
Till Fall of 2010 bc Im not full APL yet

Lucia

Hip
6? full tailbone is my next goal. I might go to terminal.
Buns, cowash
A year

Off topic: Wow your siggy pic is awe inspiring. Your hair's super thick love it.

Last edited:

dachsies_rule!

My hair is past BSL.

Another 2 inches for MBL hair.

I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing- low maintenance.

Until December 2009.

yaya24

♥Naija°Texan • Realtor • SPX Options #RichAunty●♡•
1. How long is your hair now? EL/NL Stretched.. TWA
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 4 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? GA and protective styling
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I say at least 4 inches by May/June 10'

SimpleKomplexity

1. How long is your hair now? Full APL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 3-4 inches (BSL)
3. What are you doing to get there? Just Keeping it simple. DCing twice a month, moisturizing and sealing, vitamins, and occasionall bunning
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? My graduation date in May

chebaby

i am about 2 years away from my goal i guess. i just want my hair to grow as long as it can and i know that that will take as long as i am alive lol. but i say 2 years because i think bsl-mbl is a great goal and i hope to be there in 2 years. im short too.

Prinncipality

1. How long is your hair now?SL
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? about 2-2 1/2 inches
3. What are you doing to get there? protective styling, minimal heat, co washes...
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? January 2010

Thann

A little past SL

Another 2 inches for APL.

No shampoo, weekly deep conditioning, low maintenance.

Jan 2009.

Miss AJ

Soooo......

1. How long is your hair now? I haven't measured but I'd say about 3-4 inches
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? NL is 6 inches for me so I'm 2 inches away!
3. What are you doing to get there? MT, cowashing
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? December '09

Kellum

When I texlax in Dec I should be BSL. My goal is MBL so probably 2 inches. I may change my goal to WL. I guess I will see when I get there.

skegeesmb

shoulder length to collarbone length.

I'm about 5 inches away from my next length goal.

I'm bunning sometimes, and wrapping my hair at night.

11 months.

silvergirl

1. How long is your hair now? longest layer underarm length

2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 10 or so inches to waist

3. What are you doing to get there? just cowashing everyday, letting my hair do its thing

4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? 2 yrs max , a yr and a half if im lucky

Bene

Measuring from hairline/forehead boundary to the ends (that's how I learned to measure hair), I'm at 28 inches. On me, that's midback, almost waist.

My goal is 37 inches, which is somewhere in the tailbone/top of buttcrack region.

Damp bunning (been doing that since I was a kid), light oiling, no cones, no heat, and leaving it alone to do it's own thing. Every so often I'll use monistat or ovation to give me a boost (the monistat worked really well for me when I've used it consistently)

Gauging it by average hair growth (.5 inch per month) I should be there in 18 months. But I'm making allowances for the occasional trim every few months to keep my ends from looking all thin and nasty (I like a solid U-shape), and hoping I don't run into any disasters like getting gum stuck in there or getting it caught in a fan or battling scissor/heat appliance happy stylists, so 2 full years makes more sense. I'm in it for the long haul.

KrystalClear

1. How long is your hair now? ummm some parts past shoulders, some not so much lol
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 4 inches (my sides, the back is thriving)
3. What are you doing to get there? MOISTURIZING and SEALING MY ENDS, doing twist outs, braid outs, keepin my hands out of my hair lol
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? I'm just saying until May or 4 inches ,whichever comes first!

1. How long is your hair now? past sl
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? 1.5 from apl stretched
3. What are you doing to get there? plan to do protective styling until april
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? as long as it takes

*CherryPie*

I'M past BSL. My next goal is MBL. I have 2-3 inches to get there.

I'm not doing anything special to get there. I'm just gonna continue washing once a week and DCing. Also moisturizing and sealing once a day.

I'll get there by march. I usually have extra growth in winter, so maybe I'll get there a little sooner.

shunemite

1. How long is your hair now? Neck length
2. How many inches are you from your next length goal? Shoulder length is 6" away
3. What are you doing to get there? DC every week, leave my hair alone, and I will braid it once
4. How long are you giving yourself to reach your goal? Considering trims, over a year, so next Dec is 14 months away

doll-baby

I'm actually at my goal of BSL. BUT!!! (sigh), a good 4 inches of my hair are thin too thin. So my new goal is to "transition" from thin ends to thick ends (trimming little by little) with out having to BC. Also I am trying to grow the front and sides of my hair to at least APL.

mstar

Luxury bacon
I'm so far away from my goal. I was making excellent progress until my haircut in September. Now that the weather's colder, I'm seeing a slower growth rate, and I feel like it will take forever to get to where I want to be.

Short term: APL (I was on track to be APL by the end of the year, but now it will be April/May if I'm lucky)

Long term: BSB (wanted to be here next summer, but now it will be next December if I'm lucky)

But I learned a valuable lesson along the way. If I had cut off the damage in June instead of waiting until September, I would probably have an extra 3 inches of hair right now. I'll NEVER make that mistake again.

Right now I am BSL in the back a little past APL on the sides

4-5 inches from current MBL goal (by Dec 2010)

Rollersetting no direct heat, no longer taking my hair for granted, no more super perms!!!!...praying and asking for forgiveness for just assuming my hair could take whatever I dished out

Dec 2010

lamaria211

all of you guys photos look so good im sure how far i am from my goal cause i dont really have a goal for length yet, is that ok or do i need one

mEmYSELFaNDj

And what are you doing to get there?

I decided to start this thread because I find it funny when people bump up posts from two years ago and they may be SL then. I always wonder how far they are on their HHJ now?

Soooo......

1. My hair is BSL not Full BSL though.
2. About an inch from being full BSL. My real goal is MBL hair which is only 2-2.5 inches from the bottom of my brastrap.
3. I am going to weave it up until I reach beyond Full MBL. I believe I can be touching MBL by JUNE 2010 and Full MBL by August 2010.

in_di_vi_du_al

I have no idea. Actually. Ive stopped keeping track, the more I keep my mind OFF of it the more it grows! Length retention is where its at!

PrincessLinzz

I'm not sure how long my hair is. The longest section stops under my bra...Don't know if I am bsl or mbl. My goal is to be waist length by December 2010. I am doing anything and everything to get there, but mainly nurturing my tresses.