How long did it take for you to find you reggie??

daydreem2876

carpe diem
Hey ladies! I am a newbie and still in the experimentation phase of trying to find an effective hair regimen. So to the ladies who have been on lhcf for a good minute, how long did it take for you to find the perfect regimen for your hair? How many times would you use a product to determine whether or not it was effective for you hair? I hope you stopped using stuff immediately if your hair was coming out in clumps :lachen:, but otherwise. I know everyone is differrent but I am just trying to get an idea of what others have experienced

i just want to let you know you ladies are great and your tips have been wonderful :yep: !!! I just did my relaxer yesterday, following your suggestions, and i have had very little breakage, my hair is soft and silky, and my scalp has not dried out or flaked up :drunk:!!!!!!! thanx

Black Hoya Chick

the thing is...everytime you get it down..there becomes an urge to tweak it lol. but it took me maybe 6-7 months to get a solid reggie (after trial and error of products and techniques) that i can see is working.

Qualitee

Me about 3 months, and Im still looking for improvements. You have to find what works for you, so it will take sometime.:)

SuchMagnificent

Taking a Break from Posting
This is a good question..As a newbie, Im thinking the same thing..Ive been reading where some members use so many products, and some use so few.. What was your indiviual process of elimination?

HeChangedMyName

About a year and a half. I started to take my hair seriously last may or june and I just got my reggie right within the last few months.

daydreem2876

carpe diem
This is a good question..As a newbie, Im thinking the same thing..Ive been reading where some members use so many products, and some use so few.. What was your indiviual process of elimination?

For me, unless its coming out in clumps, I am trying to at least go through the entire container, but I am buying the smallest containers of product and then the real test is if I will buy it again. I was just thinking that i may not see optimal results with the first few uses and it may take a bit to see if some thing is effective.... any other thoughts?

BillsBackerz67

my reggie is always changing unfortunately. somethings just magically stop working all of a sudden and then Im back to square one :lol:

MA2010

I've been an "active" member on here since July 2008 and still I have no real reggie. Still working on one though.

Esq.2B

I must have been lucky then. :lachen: It took me about 2 months. I just read a bunch of posts and read a lot of the archives. Then I narrowed it down to a few popular products and methods, some worked, some didn't. I stuck with the products that worked for me and the methods that worked for me. Occasionally, I add a new product but the regimen is still the same for the most part.

Neith

I've been really, really serious about my hair for about a year. To find a regimen that will keep my hair healthy? A month or so...

I'm still working on finding the perfect regimen though. It's close to perfect now :yep:

NCRapunzel

It took me about 6 months to get it together. Initially, I tried everything everyone recommended. A lot of it worked for me. A lot of it didn't. Some things were too time consuming to be done on a regular basis so I had to abandon them. For me, I've found that my vitamins, a few good staples and a very simple regimen are best.

Chameleonchick

it took me about 9 months from when I first came here. And still it isn't a solid reggie, its a rotating one because my hair gets bored just like me.

TrustMeLove

For my relaxed hair it was quick 2 months. My nappy hair took a long time. It kept going through changes so my products kept changing. I use to be able to use cholesterol and cheapie conditioners and some leave in products nothing major. And hair was fine. Now I can't use that stuff so it took like 2 months to find some new stuff.

My hair during different stages required different things. So it was weird.

tiffers

Whisper "bleep boop" to yourself when you're sad.
Took me about a year and a half and I'm still slightly tweeking it:perplexed

tenjoy

a little after I joined. But I still change every now and then, just to be doing something.

hillytmj

About two months. It seems like the people with the longest hair on this board do the least, so I truly adopted the K.I.S.S. regimen early on. Plus, I'm paranoid that if I try too many new things I'll create a setback.

msa

It didn't take me very long, maybe a month or so. First, I read a lot of threads, especially the older ones. That introduced me to the many methods and products there are. Then I figured out my hair philosophy by asking myself some questions. What kind of products do I want to use? What are my goals? How much time am I willing to spend? How much money am I willing to spend? What hairstyles do I like? What type of regimen will fit my lifestyle?

After thinking about all those questions I was able to really narrow down the things I wanted to try and I had my regimen.

BrittanyH26

I think the reggie is a constant change... because there will always be new products you want to try. It just takes a while to really figure out what works for you..

MA2010

It didn't take me very long, maybe a month or so. First, I read a lot of threads, especially the older ones. That introduced me to the many methods and products there are. Then I figured out my hair philosophy by asking myself some questions. What kind of products do I want to use? What are my goals? How much time am I willing to spend? How much money am I willing to spend? What hairstyles do I like? What type of regimen will fit my lifestyle?

After thinking about all those questions I was able to really narrow down the things I wanted to try and I had my regimen.

This is a great take on how to start. Thanks! :yep: