How long does it take for you to rollerset?

How long does it take you to set your hair on rollers?

• 0 minutes - 30 minutes

Votes: 33 32.0%
  • 30 minutes - 1 hour

Votes: 40 38.8%
  • 1 hour - 1 hour and a half

Votes: 19 18.4%
  • 1 hour and a half - 2 hours

Votes: 4 3.9%
  • 2 hours - 2 and a half hours

Votes: 3 2.9%
  • More than 2 and a half hours

Votes: 4 3.9%

• Total voters
A hour and a half when I have just relaxed and two hours when I am stretching...sometimes my arms start to hurt :nono:...i need to learn how to air dry, but my hair hates arirdrying:wallbash:

When i first started rollersetting, i took me 2 hours. I had no clue what i was doing. My roots was OUT OF CONTROL after coming out fr the hairdryer. But now, i am up 30-45mins for rollersetting.

I'd say about 20 minutes.. maybe 25 tops....
Practice makes it easier and the fact that I have a 3way mirror at home makes it much easier.

I used to watch my mom rollerset and one day I just did it on my own hair, in front of a mirror when I was 14. You just have to keep practicing. I now rollerset while watching tv and it takes like 15-20 minutes.

0 minutes because I'm too lazy to roller set my hair.:grin: It's so much work, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. :lachen: When I get a pibbs (soon) and buy Macherie's roller setting dvd, i'll make an effort to.

It takes me about 15-20 min with a fresh relaxer. :yep: When I'm several weeks post, it takes close to 30 min.

just rolling it takes about 20 minutes. It's the drying that kills me---usually 1.5-2 hrs just to dry. I still haven't figured out if that is a good thing or a bad thing, but I rarely do wet sets because of this reason.

0 minutes because I'm too lazy to roller set my hair.:grin: It's so much work, I'd rather pay someone else to do it. :lachen: When I get a pibbs (soon) and buy Macherie's roller setting dvd, i'll make an effort to.
someone has a roller set dvd out? now that i would need..i am terrible at it!

Dang I must suck at rollersetting even though ive been doing them for almost 10 years! It takes me 1-1.5 hrs. But I think its because my hair is texlaxed and almost 8 months post. But when I was relaxed it took under an hr.

I thought it was just me :look:. I'm still like "how are they getting done in 30 minutes". Maybe it's because my hair is natural :ohwell:

I thought it was just me :look:. I'm still like "how are they getting done in 30 minutes". Maybe it's because my hair is natural :ohwell:

Its a little more challenging with natural hair because it doesn't cling to the roller as well as relaxed hair. I just make sure my hair is really wet or otherwise it gets all frizzy and I can't put on the rollers.

No more than 30 minutes.

When I'm pressed for time, I can knock it out in about 20 minutes.

I started timing myself by watching-----well listening, to half hour sitcoms while I did my hair.

When I first started rollersetting, it took me at least an hour....sometimes it was much longer. :perplexed

Macherie's DVD helped me out ALOT--along with a LOT of practice!!!! :yep:

A full rollerset mohawk style takes about 10-15 minutes...a ponytail rollerset takes about 5-10. I've been doing both for a long time...at first they would take an hour.

I'm a perfectionist so it takes me a while, about 2 hours. Sitting under the dryer takes even longer:spinning:

I cant rollerset to save my life, I can never get the rollers to fit securely on my head its always really loose. what kinda rollers are you guys using? I use some that I got from Walmart that have a snap kinda cover to place over the rollers.

Yesterday I rollerset for the first time in a few months. I didn't think it would be challenging but it actually was. I had clarified, which made my hair VERY dry. I had to re-wet my hair two times. My hair came out fine though. It took an extra 10 minutes to do since my hair is a little longer.

Back