How long does it take you to witness new growth post relaxer

How long does it take you to witnes new growth post relaxer?

• 1 week post relaxer

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • 2 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 115 23.7%
  • 3 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 127 26.2%
  • 4 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 129 26.6%
  • 5 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 6 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • 7+ weeks post relaxer

Votes: 28 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

brandy

It would be interesting to know how long it usually takes you to see new growth post relaxer:) ?
In the past it would normally take me 5 weeks but recently 2 weeks.

bablou00

After a relaxer usually I dont feel a curl pattern till the 4th or 5th week. Thank goodness I stretch my relaxers because there wouldnt be much to relax at 6 wks...:eek:

Ummalhadiqah

Good question! In the past I noticed new growth around the 4th or 5th week, but this time after I relaxed in February I had new growth the 2nd week. For me it seems to depend largely on what time of year it is. During the summer months my hair tends to grow faster so I notice the new growht earlier, however during the winter months is when I notice the new growth coming in around the 4th or 5th week. Consequently, the winter months I am able to stretch my relaxer longer.

trulyurangel82

usually 4 weeks but this time since im using BT I think I saw some newgrowth in 3 weeks. :eek:

Im on my 5th week right now and the top of my head looks almost like a nest lol. :lol:

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Never before in my life have I experienced NG after only 2 weeks post relaxer. I usually never do prior to about 8 or 9 weeks! That's the truth. Now, mind you, my hair is a little underprocessed from a bad relaxer in mid-April. I am embarking now on 6 weeks and it's a struggle not to relax. I'm trying to make it to at least 10 or 12 weeks but it doesn't look likely.

I think BT is the culprit.;)

C

chica_canella

I want to change my vote to 3 weeks but I said about 2 weeks. it's hard for me to remember since I haven't had a relaxer since October 06. I'm getting one in about a week and a half.:D

Finewine

Around 2 weeks if i wash my hair weekly. after this past relaxer i didn't wash 'til 2 weeks and i almost cried b/c i didn't feel any waves at 2 weeks:look: , but then about a week after the wash it was starting to come in. :dance7:

Christa438

brandy said:
It would be interesting to know how long it usually takes you to see new growth post relaxer:) ?
In the past it would normally take me 5 weeks but recently 2 weeks.

I usually notice new growth in 3-4 weeks after relaxing.

LocksOfLuV

bablou00 said:
After a relaxer usually I dont feel a curl pattern till the 4th or 5th week. Thank goodness I stretch my relaxers because there wouldnt be much to relax at 6 wks...:eek:

This is so me!:ohwell:

chayil0427

Ususally it just seems like it's not growing AT ALL and then about four weeks post the new growth just comes outta no where.

Chayil

LovelyZ

chayil0427 said:
Ususally it just seems like it's not growing AT ALL and then about four weeks post the new growth just comes outta no where.

Chayil

right, mine is the same, its so weird because i know its been growing in the whole time.

Guyaneek

I usually notice it around the 3rd or 4th week. I'm actually at the 4th week now and I started feeling some little waves about a week ago. I'm really starting to pay attention to these things now. :lol:

Sha76

Typically it takes 5 wks for me to notice the NG, but since I am 6 mos. pregnant I noticed it around 2 1/2 weeks.