How long does it take you to witness new growth post relaxer

How long does it take you to witnes new growth post relaxer?

• 1 week post relaxer

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • 2 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 115 23.7%
  • 3 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 127 26.2%
  • 4 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 129 26.6%
  • 5 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 6 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • 7+ weeks post relaxer

Votes: 28 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
It depends. I voted 4 weeks since that's typical. With my vitamins, the earliest was a week...could not believe it.

destine2grow

I don't notice until 4 wks. I will be 8 wks post and the sides and nape of my hair does not have a lot of new growth.

sunnieb

My newgrowth starts poppin' at 1 week post relaxer. This is why I thought it was ok to get a relaxer every 4 weeks. I mean, hey there's newgrowth relax it! :rolleyes:

I also think this is why I really didn't like my hair until it was about 2 weeks post. Somehow my overprocessed strands would rebound and give me my thickness back by then. Boy I'm lucky to still have hair on my head!

ceebee3

Wow, you all have some fast growing hair! I don't notice new growth until 8 weeks post, and even then it's really not much.

*Muffin*

That one was a tricky one. Usually within 2 weeks I can feel the beginning "bumps" of my coils coming in, but I don't actually "see" it coming in until 4 weeks.

yardgirl

I'm exactly one week post and I've used my MT mix on 4 of the past 7 days. I can feel the texture difference on my crown. These teeny weeny waves. Not even 1/16th of an inch but I can tell. Typically nothing happens until the 3 week mark.

hiphoprocker

im almost at two weeks post right now and new growth is very minimum at best lol. i think i can feel the tiniest little crinkle but nothing to write home about. it does seem like it takes some time. i can definitely feel the difference between weeks 6 and 7 for example but not really between weeks 1 and 2. i think i've read that the stress of the relaxer process might halt new growth right after a touch up but then new growth comes back with a vengeance!!

brittle_hair

I think how soon you notice your regrowth coming in is dependant on your curl pattern - 4bs are more likely to notice growth earlier than somone with type 3 hair because the type 3's hair may grow straight for the first 1/4 inch before it curls up. I also think some people confuse underprocessed hair with new growth. When I'm relaxed bon straight I notice growth at 3-4 weeks, but as I purposely underprocessed my relaxer at my last touch up, it will be harder to notice it this time.

taz007

I used to notice the new growth at around 5 weeks post. Now that I am taking Phyto Cap Energy I noticed it at 3 weeks post.

Now if only I would retain ...

Last edited: