How long does it take you to witness new growth post relaxer

How long does it take you to witnes new growth post relaxer?

• 1 week post relaxer

Votes: 24 4.9%
  • 2 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 115 23.7%
  • 3 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 127 26.2%
  • 4 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 129 26.6%
  • 5 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 41 8.5%
  • 6 weeks post relaxer

Votes: 42 8.7%
  • 7+ weeks post relaxer

Votes: 28 5.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

sweetcashew

Usually within a few days. Maybe 4 or 5 days...but I definitely have curly roots by then. I'm 2 weeks post and I swear my roots feel like they need a touch up already.

HoneyDew

Okay I voted 2 weeks previously, but this time it is not 2 weeks.

I am 2 weeks post right now and I don't feel the NG that I used to feel.

That's fine with me though.

I stopped taking all supplements and using growth aids, so maybe my hair is going back to its normal growth rate.

Again, I am okay with that - maybe I can stretch my relaxer out a little more. :)

coconow2007

In the past it took me a long time also but since I started doing the baggy method I see results in under 2 weeks or less

dillard

The first time I noticed new growth this time around was 5 weeks post... i've never paid attention to it before so i can't really say if that's normal for me...

gabulldawg

I don't know WHAT is contributing to this new accelerated hair growth, but I have NEVER seen new growth at 2 weeks post (<-- my vote) before!! It's CRAZY! Maybe it's because I've started taking better care of my hair and it's thanking me for it! I have eliminated heat from my home hair regimen. I have began using Boundless Tresses regularly. I have started cowashing. I have done the baggy method a few times. I have started prepooing weekly with ORS hair mayo. I have started moisturizing my hair the RIGHT way (2x daily). I have started using castor oil. So I don't know WHAT is causing the new growth to come in already, but it's exciting! It's also a little nerve-wracking since I'm trying to do another 12 week relaxer stretch. I hope I can make it!!! :eek: Anyway, sorry for the rambling! I'm just so excited!!

Seeking8Rights

I start seeing NG at the 7th or later weeks. I really can tell a different at week 10, but it's still managable, as long as I care for it and keep it moisturized. This can be good or bad because if you don't know any better than you can overlap relaxing. Which is why I HAVE to wait at least 10 weeks before even thinking about relaxing.

Seeking8Rights

dillard said:
The first time I noticed new growth this time around was 5 weeks post... i've never paid attention to it before so i can't really say if that's normal for me...

Ms. Dillard your hair is GORGEOUS!!!

ALWAYZL8

When my hair is above my shoulders, I notice NG in about two to three weeks. Anything past shoulder length and it takes a lot longer. I didn't notice NG for five weeks this time around. What is that all about?

snoopy1me

bablou00 said:
After a relaxer usually I dont feel a curl pattern till the 4th or 5th week. Thank goodness I stretch my relaxers because there wouldnt be much to relax at 6 wks...:eek:

Same here lol

lejardinier

Last touch-up was on 6/2/2007 and three weeks after I had between 3/4 to 1 inch of new growth. Now I'm trying to remember everything that I did to achieve this!

mrsjohnson75

5-6 weeks post for me, and to think I used to relax @ 4 weeks sometimes...post LHCF (for what I do not know?? ).

NYAmicas

Seeker
Around 4 weeks I really notice it. My hair will feel different at the roots in 2 weeks which annoys me. I definetly feel it right now, I'm stretching and Im at the 12 week point. I amire those that can make it past that, almost twice that. Cant comb this mop.:nono:

nikki2229

I really start to pay attention at the 4th week.
I am pretty sure that its there around the 2nd or 3rd week.

vestaluv1

When I was relaxing regularly, it took about 2 weeks to see new growth :nono:.
Now that I am transitioning it feels like my hair growth mechanism thingy is on vacation . :whyme: