How long has your hair come

CurleeDST

I joined this forum by paying my money back in September 2005 and I was thinking about it - how much longer is my hair NOW vs. the time I joined. My hair is actually MUCH SHORTER b/c one year after joining the forum I decided to START OVER and chopped all of my hair off. Call it hormones from the pregnancy or whatever but I had colored and highlighted natural hair and then I wanted to try the phytorelaxer I and did and it was drying and I just did not want to live w/ those dry ends (3 years of growth down the drain) so I asked her to cut it off and went back to my naturally dark color. My hair is so dark my husband thought I got a color to get it that dark! Silly man!

So ladies, how much longer are you now vs. the first day you plunked down your money to join this site? How many years has it been and how many inches have you gained? I figure I am negative 6 inches! LOL

I am excited to see how much length I gain in the next 3 years. I am using my son's birth as my annual marker vs. the actual chop date because that will be easier for me to remember so in 3 years the length will actually be 3 years 9 months. I have pretty decent growth from this first year - check out my fotki.

I have gained about 6-8 inches since lurking (which was about a year and a half ago). Hopefully I will be able to get a new digital camera soon to prove this:lol:. Since officially joining I would say about 3 inches. This site has definitely been helpful. I pretty much copied everything Isis did.:grin:

Long way as far as care and health. I no longer have broken off hair, chewed off back length with the center back area shorter than the rest. No more--NO-LYE RELAXERS thinking it was better for my hair. I've learned the balance of moisture and protein. I have not gained enormous length but it will come, yes it will!

i think i've come pretty far since i joined in september. there are my pics thru may.

Picture008.jpg

Picture001.jpg

DSC00050.jpg

Ive gone from above APL to Midback length since first joining the forum. And all cuz of ya'all!!! Thaaaaaanx gang!!!! :spinning:

I say I gained about 12" from Jan 06-July 07. However, it was in different stages. I first was between SL and APL (closer to sl) and then grew it to midback in November 06 (6 inches), then I cut it back to APL and grew it to BSL again (4", and now I cut it to alittle above SL and am now full SL (2"). I hope to gain atleast 4 more inches b4 my 2 yr anniv in Jan 08, bringing it to 16" in 2 yrs.

Hi lady,

I went from shoulder to bra strap lenght from the day I get a susbscribtion to this site (august 2005) til now!

It's been almost two years !

I went from 17cms (the longest layer from my back hairline to my shoulder) in september 2005 to 31,5 cms in july 2007 = 14,5 cms retained:look:

I had 2 trims in 2006 : one major (february 06) and one minor (september 06)

Last edited:
I became a paid member in July 05. Its been 2 years and 6-8 inches excluding one last haircut in April 06. Its only been in the last year or so that I've gotten SERIOUS about retaining length.

July '06
101_2317.jpg

My hair now
100_3521.jpg

I think my hair was shoulder length when I joined but I've cut it a lot of the years. The longest it was is mid-back length in late 2006.

And I'm contemplating cutting my hair again, it's the heat :spinning:

ETA: This reminds me Curlee I'll have to call your hairdresser to schedule for a trim or a cut

I came here slightly above brastrap and grew to wl in about 2 years. I've gained so much health and fullness compared to when I first joined.

Officially joined January/ Feb after messing with my growth last year- I think so far I've got about 3 inches maybe slightly more I hope to get AT LEAST another 3 by the end of the year I'm back on my CWs-I didn't realise how much they contributed to my growth till I saw some pics on my sis's laptop :Flahsssss

I have lost inches, due to my transition. I came here with SL relaxed hair and shortly after decided to start my transition. My last relaxer was Aug 06. Almost a year later and my longest layer is bottom of neck/collarbone.

Eventhough I have less length than when I started, another positive impact is my 5 year old daughter's hair is better conditioned and longer since I started on this forum. The products I buy and do not use on me I use up on her long natural hair and it really works wonders for her. My mom has her for 2 weeks and told me today her ends feel much softer than in the past (not crunchy). She takes her to get her hair trimmed twice a year (an inch at a time). She is mid-back length but she has heck of shrinkage.

So this forum has helped me help myself and my daughter more than any other forum. I expect to gain 6 more inches between now and May 2008. I am on a "no trim or cut" challenge. I cut too much!

CurleeDST, I'm in the same boat you're in. I've been here 2 years but a year ago I chopped all my hair off and started over. It's grown back to where it was before I chopped since then but thats about it.

My hair grew noticeably from 2005 to 2006 but with all of the experimentation - I ruined my lengthy hair and cut it off.

Bmore- this is exciting - can't wait to see what we look like in 3 years!

I joined in 2004. I went from transitioning--big chop--to finally bra strap. Thanks to this forum!!! I will update my fotki when I texlax my hair again.

Back