How long have you been growin?

How long did it take for you to reach your goal?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

cocowhite

It seems like forever, but finally getting re-educated about hair care, it has been almost 12 months, I started with hair a little past my shoulders back in April 2005. Still working on my goal. Finally destination mid-back for a couple of years and then going natural.

locabouthair

i havent retained any length since being on the forum for a year because i stopped taking care of my hair. just wanted to say that this thread is motivating me to start to take care of my hair again.:)

RainbowCurls

Hmm...
I have been trying to grow my hair since I was about 15 (I'm 24 now)
I discovered hair boards and started a new 'journey' around summer 2004
I have been growing out my relaxer since January 2005
but I will be BCing later this year and won't start my real/new hair growth journey til then!

PretteePlease

#fakeworkouts
i'm on the 3yr plan in that time i have transitioned 2x choped grown learned sabotaged and decided to do better. now i'm to the point of no return i will grow to brastrap and beyond

amy1234

It took about a year to reach my first goal, but I've found that I keep changing my goals to longer lengths once I reach them.

lnana04

I've been growing it out for 4yrs and I'm almost at brastrap. I cut my hair off when it was like 2 inches and started growing from there.

I've slacked off a lot over the past year. My hair should be a lot longer.

breezy

For those of you who have been growing for a long time, how did you keep from being impatient? I started my hair journey in November of last year and I know my hair is much healthier. I try not to check for length by just keeping it in a bun, but sometimes I just wish the results would hurry and come!

HairQueen

I started properly taking care of my hair in Jan 2005 just after I joined LHCF, so about 15 months now. Although my hair has made some amazing progress such as the thickness and overall health and length I am disappointed as I am still at shoulder length and I started just below it. When I compare my hair with some other peoples fotki pictures I feel like I am behind everybody else with my progress!

The challenge for me has been that I had layers all over my hair which I am STILL growing out. I also a broken crown (it broke of to about 1/4 of an inch in some spots due to the bonding weave I used to wear) and I had thin ends in the middle of my hair and a spot which was dry and frizzy all the way from root to tip.

I hope that by two years I will at least have reached armpit I would love to get to brastrap some day but if not, armpit would do!

Last edited:

ekomba

growingbrown said:
I have trying to grow my hair for years and years. I finally decided to singup to discover tips on how to grow my hair. I thank everyone :)
I hope to be at bra-strap lengh by Decemer 2007.
What I want to know is how long did it take for you to acheive your goal? Was it at shoulders, bra-strap, waist-lengh, etc.

i m not there yet. :mad: i m 10 months into growing my hair from scratch. my goal is to go from bald head to waistlength in 2 years hopefully by july 2007 i ll be nailing it if i keep up with all my growth aids:eek: :grin:

Country gal

I didn't reach my relaxed hair goal which was hair past my shoulders. My hair did reach a little bit past my shoulders but not significantly long enough.

My new natural hair goal is for my hair to surpass my relaxed lenght. I would love for my hair to be bra-strap natural one day. I think it will take some years to get there. My signature pic has my hair stretched out in twists.

MJ

Since I'm transitioning, I'm only going to count period after my last relaxer. So, I've been growning since November 2005:grin:

Miz_Complexity

I been a member since Nov. 2004. I did not get serious about my hair Feb.2005. I have been transitioning since then. I am almost back to where I started transitioning.

I am in the 2008 C&G Challenge

loonatick

I came out of extensions and started to care for my own hair in April 2005 but I have been actively growing it since June 2005, so 13 months and counting. I hope to reach BSL stretched by next year

nymane

I've been growing my hair out for 1 year & 1 month now...I started at SL and I'm currently between APL & BSL...expecting full BSL in July :crossfingers:

Soulberry

This September will be 2 years and I'm happy with the results. I started at neck length...should be BSL this year

Kellum

Its been almost a year for me. I began my HHJ April 16, 2009. I haven't reached my goal yet. My long term goal is to be WL. I should be there some time in 2011.

Last edited:

DarkChyld

I've been growing it out since 2005. I would have had BSL by now if it wasn't for me listening to my fmr. stylist and allowing her to cut it.

beans4reezy

I started in October of 08 with full NL hair. I am striving for BSL by December 2010. My ultimate goal is MBL...working towards acheiving that by December 2011.

All in all, it's been a bit over a year for me in this hair growing game.