How long without trimming??

How long have you gone without trimming?

• 0-3 months

Votes: 65 15.8%
  • 3-6 months

Votes: 139 33.8%
  • 6-9 months

Votes: 76 18.5%
  • 9-12 months

Votes: 131 31.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Legend

Trichological Alchemist
I used to trim only a couple of times a year. I decided last year to stop trimming altogether. I don't even dust my ends. Weak or split ends will break off on their own, and I don't particularly care for my hair to be even. I prefer my ends in their natural form because it is easier for me to style.

I might trim it once I feel my hair is getting too long, but that's about it. :)

Last edited:

buttaflye03

I just trimmed at my last touchup and am trying not to trim again for the year. If anything maybe in another 6-7 months if needed.

Last edited:

rdm

It has been 14 weeks since I have trimmed and I can tell the difference. I wont go this long again. My ends are starting to look scraggly.

cocoberry10

Legend said:
I used to trim only a couple of times a year. I decided last year to stop trimming altogether. I don't even dust my ends. Weak or split ends will break off on their own, and I don't particularly care for my hair to be even. I prefer my ends in their natural form because it is easier for me to style.

I might trim it once I feel my hair is getting too long, but that's about it. :)

This is my attitude. I may dust every now and then (and literally, every now and then, like once a year to once every couple of years). My hair has definitely grown. My ends don't look great, but I don't wear my hair out and down too much, since I want to get to 1" below brastrap before I would even consider cutting it. If I wanted it to "look" even, I'd just curl it a little tighter with the rollers.

baglady215

I trim on average once a year. My ends are not even, but it doesn't bother me since I bun/ponytail 99% of the time. And when I do wear my hair out, my layers camoflauge the ends anyway.

cat eyes

It has been since October for me.

lady_godiva

I went 16 months, but ended up having to cut off about two inches. I will try to only go 3 to 6 months this time.

C@ssandr@

formerly known as "keyawarren"
I haven't had a trim in 9 months, but my ends look surprisingly good (thanks to lhcf!). Everytime I look at my ends I'm like 'what am I cutting"? So after my touchup this week I will be dusting...on my own.

Queen_Earth

I was getting a trim like every three-six months and "trimming" more than an inch each time; I got some scissors from sally's yesterday and decided to would try to trim my own hair and see if I still needed to go to the salon to get trimmed; I will attempt a trim in May I think unless I happen to press my hair out before then

I used to trim with every relaxer. Now, I'm going to trim far less. My ends are healthy thanks to my regimen; so, I'm not going to risk inches that need not be cut.

Curlykale

I dust every 4 months, I don't need to trim or cut my hair this way (I do it by myself and I find dusting easier)

constance

9+ mos and I'm trying not to trim to even it out (no split ends) since I rarely wear it straight and no one would notice.

EccentricRed

When I was transitioning I didnt trim my hair for over a year. I was heavy into bunning. After a year a dusted my hair as I saw fit. After my BC, I have dusted even less.

iri9109

i trimmed about 2 months ago maybe a 1/2 an inch, and my curls behaved much better after that, but i think i only needed it b/c i used poor quality scissors for my bc and they messed w/ my ends...chicoro recommends doing length based trims. "If you are trying to gain length, then a length based trim may be just for you. Instead of trimming your hair based on a time table such as every 6 to 8 weeks, you base your trim on other factors: its length and your hair goals...." basically you only trim every 6-8 weeks if u want to mantain a certain length, trim based on length to reach ur goal faster so maybe instead of every 6-8 weeks, you trim after every 3 inches of growth, or when your hair is damaged and needs to be trimmed...i probably wont trim until march which is my one year nappyversary when i plan on doing a silk wrap...teri from tightlycurly said she hasnt trimmed in over 10 years and her hair is fine so i guess its you only have to trim if you feel your hair needs it...and if you take preserve and maintain your hair then their wont really be a need to trim unless you want to keep your hair the same length or even it out

s4pphir3

I won't trim again until I reach my goal...

That's what I plan to do. I wont let my ends see the light of day until that happens, I don't want to risk any setbacks. Plus if you stop damaging your hair you wont need to trim as often anyway.

toinette

Tricking the president
I got a legit haircut back in April and trimmed an inch off of it myself last night. I used to go years between trims which is why I needed a legit haircut in the first place. I will never go years without trimming again. If i can manage to stay away from scissors myself, I plane to trim twice a year. Once in late December so that I can start the year with fresh ends and then 6 months later just to freshen up.

southerncitygirl

a light dusting every 6 months, i tried to go 9months and my hair was almost an inch below bsl and i had to cut back to apl.....:nono::perplexed

EllePixie

I only search and destroy; I haven't trimmed since my BC in December, and don't plan to unless I start seeing split ends. Thankfully, with low manipulation/no heat, I haven't seen any since going natural!