How many never wore a weave B4?

Fake hair or Weave?

• I have worn no wig, weave or extensions?

Votes: 136 44.6%
  • I have worn French braids w/extensions?

Votes: 94 30.8%
  • I have worn Phony ponies?

Votes: 101 33.1%
  • I have worn a half wig or full wig?

Votes: 73 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

firecracker

I was just wondering how many here has never worn a weave. I know alot of women feel as if a weave is just another hair style option. I am just trying to see if I am the minority here.

You can vote for more than one item/option in the poll also.

Last edited:

preciousjewel76

I've never worn a weave or braided extensions. I did recently start wearing falls, though. First time I've ever experimented with faux hair.:smirk:

alexstin

I can't get into wearing fake hair. The only way I'd wear it is for a case of absolute devastation to my own hair.

I think it looks beautiful on others though.

angelita842002

I have never worn any either except a phony pony if that counts. I think my head would be too hot. lol Ive wanted to try it but knowing myself i would probably take it out after a couple of days.

MissMarie

***sigh***
I've never worn a weave. I got extension braids once and it was a pain getting them in, they hurt my head for the first week, it was weird having the extra hair and it was a pain taking them down.
I'll likely never get any kind of hair additions again.

MizAvalon

I've worn it all. Wigs, weaves, braids, ponytails, falls. I had not worn any fake hair for many years and decided to buy a wig last year to wear for fun and it felt so strange but it was a nice last minute option.

I'm thinking of getting a couple of wigs to get me through the winter. Heavy exercise and cute hairstyles just do not mix.:ohwell:

Elizabeth26

I have never worn any weaves. The only thing I have done is back in the day for my french roll the hair stylist would use the sponges or hair to make it fuller and I use a sock donut to do my bun.

MJ

I've never worn a weave before.

I can't vote because there isn't an option for those who have never worn weave only. I've worn braids/extension, wigs, and ponytails

HoneyDew

I have had a weave and I had a bad experience. It was really my fault because I left it in to long and my hair gotted matted underneath. Very painful memory that I don't like to think about.

OneInAMillion

I've only worn a phony pony at my prom, and I believe it was pinned in my hair to make the pony look fuller. I've wanted to try braids, but I'm worried about the damage they may do.

HOWEVER...I think I may have been persuaded to give falls a try :grin:.

lsubabiedee

Liz25_Ga said:
I have never worn any weaves. The only thing I have done is back in the day for my french roll the hair stylist would use the sponges or hair to make it fuller and I use a sock donut to do my bun.

same here.

FAMUDva

I've never worn a "weave", but when I was younger I did have braids with synthetic extensions once. I never thought of a straight up weave and braids as the same, but I wouldn't wear either now that I'm grown. Once with braids was enough for me to know that it is not for me.

Not knocking sistas who rock them, but it's just not my thing.

frankie

I had braided extensions freshman year of high school...hated it!!! I did keep them in for a month though, my cousin would have killed me if I took them out sooner because she did them for me. I also had a phony updo for junior prom...stylist created it with a lot of pins, gel and hairspray, but no glue or sewing.

That's it...not a fan, but I did give it a try. If I can't grow it, it's not for me.

rdm

I have worn a half weave before and my hair loved it!!!! Just ordered a fall and waiting for it to arrive.

asubeauty

I've never worn a weave. My mom wears sew ins, and they look really good on her. She's tried to get me to experiment with weaves, and I told her that I might try one in the summer. I would like to experiment with wigs, but everyone I know is like, :ohwell: "Why do you want a wig??"

I think I get turned off if it looks to weavy, if you get what I'm saying... like yesterday sista was shoulder length dark brown, today she's got blond extentions to her butt... :look:

Hareitiz

I wore a wig a few months ago, it looked like the curly style that bmoreflyygirl is rockin. I was getting married in two days and my hair was jacked and I had to meet my husband's out of town friends for the first time that evening, so I borrowed this wig from my mom and got a million compliments, my husband kept telling me how pretty my hair was, he couldn't even tell it wasn't my hair!!:lol: Now that evening I was almost busted because I fell asleep in the car and he was driving and the wig fell off but he didn't even notice, I just casually slipped that sucka right back on my head!

blac_quarian

Been here from long time
This is a great poll. I can't participate though, cos I've worn weaves (have one in right now). However, my best friend has never worn or contemplated wearing a weave and frowns upon them big time. She is of the mindset that believes only women with "no hair" opt to wear fake hair. To this day, she is totally baffled as to why I would ever weaves/hair pieces voluntarily based on the fact that I do actually have workable, pretty healthy, decent length hair.

locabouthair

I wore plenty of braids when I was younger and it caused some damage (from when it was done too tightly but it grew back) and it did help me reach neck length which i was never able to reach before (yes my hair was madd short)
I wore weaves for about 6 months and I absolutely hated it. It did nothing for my hair and it just looked so fake to me. I'll never wear a weave again unless my hair is in really bad condition. my best friend tried to convince me to wear a weave again I was like no way.

glamazon386

Hareitiz said:
I wore a wig a few months ago, it looked like the curly style that bmoreflyygirl is rockin. I was getting married in two days and my hair was jacked and I had to meet my husband's out of town friends for the first time that evening, so I borrowed this wig from my mom and got a million compliments, my husband kept telling me how pretty my hair was, he couldn't even tell it wasn't my hair!!:lol: Now that evening I was almost busted because I fell asleep in the car and he was driving and the wig fell off but he didn't even notice, I just casually slipped that sucka right back on my head!

:lachen: :lachen: That's too funny! Do you know what kind of wig it was? That was weave in the pic and I loved it but I think I want to get a wig like that to wear on occasion when I don't feel like doing my hair. I was just gonna buy the hair and make one but If I could buy a wig that already looks like that it would be even better.

LoveLiLi

I've never worn a weave, but I have worn extensions for braids when I went on my class trip in high school - I didn't feel like doing my hair everyday after all those activites. I wouldn't do it again even though they have some nice looking weaves out there. For one, I'm paranoid about a mishap and two - I had strange bumps on my scalp and my hair started coming out from the braids I had.

Hareitiz

bmoreflyygirl said:
:lachen: :lachen: That's too funny! Do you know what kind of wig it was? That was weave in the pic and I loved it but I think I want to get a wig like that to wear on occasion when I don't feel like doing my hair. I was just gonna buy the hair and make one but If I could buy a wig that already looks like that it would be even better.

I'm almost 100% positive that it was a Beverly Johnson wig.

GodMadeMePretty

I've never worn a weave or extensions or phony ponies. Too much time to have weave and extensions put in and and too much work for me to put on a phony pony. I'm too lazy for all that. No wigs either.

camellia

I've never worn a weave, extensions, phony ponies, wigs, falls, ect... No hair that did not grow out of my own scalp.

Honestly, until I came to this board, I had no idea they were so common. I grew up with the idea that only cancer patients, actresses, and bald ladies wore wigs or "fake hair". The idea of buying some hair was a totally foreign concept to me.