How many never wore a weave B4?

Fake hair or Weave?

• I have worn no wig, weave or extensions?

Votes: 136 44.6%
  • I have worn French braids w/extensions?

Votes: 94 30.8%
  • I have worn Phony ponies?

Votes: 101 33.1%
  • I have worn a half wig or full wig?

Votes: 73 23.9%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Barbara

Princess
mauly84 said:
I have worn it all ponytails weaves and wigs. Even when my hair was BSL. Why? Cause why not, Why should I destroy my hair with dyes and heat and chemicals when i can destroy a horses instead? Also my hair is usually corn rowed under my weaves and usually grows a great deal. Plus I'm from Philadelphia one of the weave capitols of the us. EVERYBODY WEARS WEAVES! Only now am I noticing a trend back to natural. I use to fell it was a badge of honor to say I had never had any "fake" hair in my head (when I was like 10) now I love snaching my wig off and having longer hair underneath than the wig. Wanna piss off the haters? try it:)

I've never wore any hair that didn't grow out of my scalp nor have I had the desire to do so but in Los Angeles, especially in south Los Angeles, it seems like every other woman who has shoulder length hair or longer is wearing a weave or a wig.

Whenever I wear my hair down, it's mistaken for a weave because of the mid-back length. Sometimes people will angrily debate about whether its mine or a weave. When I prove it to them, they are shocked as if African American woman cannot have naturally long hair. You should see the look on their faces. I guess it is rare.

Besides my hair stylist told me that weaves and braids are not good for African American hair, because it dries and tears the hair out. My coworker wears them all the time and when she takes them out . . . her natural hair has to be cut quite a bit because of the dryness and breakage they cause.

However, I have to admit that some weaves/wigs look really nice.

jewel

I've worn a whole wig before but I had to stop that because my head felt so heavy. I would love to have a sewn in or a half wig for the added thickness.