• Once a week

Votes: 277 52.5%
  • 2-3 times a week

Votes: 192 36.4%
  • More than 3 times a week

Votes: 9 1.7%

• Total voters

cdixon

I voted for 2-3 times a week because I just did the BC and I need to make sure that my hair is moisturized.

Vonnieluvs08

I try to DC 3x/wk since its been hot and A/C can be so drying to my hair. I find that if I only get 2 DCs a wk then my hair is happy. I try to keep protein in my rotation since I cowash almost everyday. I've always been an avid DCer even when relaxed (1x/wk). Its engrained in me.

Missjae09

Whenever I co-wash I end up leaving it on for hours or sitting underneath my steamer.. and I do this twice a week. So i guess I DC twice a week.

ThickRoot

Got in the habit from going to the dominican salon every week, this was before I knew anything about hair boards. Now that I'm taking care of my own hair still DC weekly. And I really think if you have a relaxer or color, or both you need to be DCing at least 1x a week. Do not play with color people, I don't care if it's just a rinse. Lack of moisture and color will lead to disaster.

bimtheduck

Usually its once a week but last week and this week I'm DCing twice a week to try a fix my protein overload. Cross your fingers, I know I am!

Beverly Ann Properties

2x a week on Wednesday and Saturday. I alternate between Elucence Moisture Balancing Conditioner and Komaza Care Olive Moisture Mask with heat cap for 20 minutes. Once a month I will do a protein deep condioner treatment.

Mari-Cris

I DC 1x/week and co-wash 1x/week. Hot oil treatments 1x/week (done when I DC). I clarify 1x/month. I use ayurvedics 2x/month. I henna 2x/month. Alternate ayurvedic weeks with henna weeks - the week I use ayurvedics, I don't henna. The week I henna, I don't use ayurvedics.

Last edited:

NerdSauce

Normally once a week... but I had the best press of my life when i dc'd my hair overnight twice (dc, wear hair natural, then dc again that night)... It was perfect.. I think in the future when I plan to press I'll continue to do that. For regular purposes I'll probably just do it once a week, though.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
1x-2x a week on dry hair overnight (less work). 2x is on a good week now. At the start of my HHJ, it was 2-3x a week with heat alternating protein and moisture. Yes I saw results but it became tiring, way too much work as my hair got longer and thicker so I started looking for an easy way out.