How much time do you spend on your hair?

titan

How much time do you spend on your hair? and what is your routine? and could you simplfy your routine to cut down on the hours you spend on your hair?

livesoundtech

Most of the time I spend on my hair is spent brushing it. It takes, on average, 30-45 minutes to brush my hair.

I shampoo 3-4 times a week, but that's all changing now! I've started to shampoo 2 or 3 times a week, and cowash on the other days. I deep condition once per week, and never use any chemicals or relaxers. Even still, my hair is impossible to manage.

I would LOVE to cut down on the time I spend brushing my hair... still looking for a detangler that doesn't cause my hair to feel oily/greasy.

poookie

well, i wash every other day, at about 8 PM. five minutes to put a deep pre-conditioner in my hair, 1/2 an hour to let it sit, 15 minutes to wash, 45 minutes to set my hair on medium sized magnetic rollers using the mohawk method, an hour to let it dry under the dryer, another 10 to take the rollers out and pincurl each curl so i can sleep at night. i finish around 11 PM.

it takes less time to set it on flexi-rods, but then i have to sit under the dryer longer, because my hair dries faster on magnetic rollers.

but i don't gripe about how long it takes; because i'm doing other things while my hands are free. i.e., under the dryer, i'm doing homework.