• $3,501-$4,500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • $4,501-$5,500

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Over $5,500... WHOA mama!

Votes: 1 1.2%

• Total voters

Babyray

I selected 900-1500 last year I Purchased the Magicpack system which is mucho dinero, I also take Andrew lessman vits,$$$$$$$$$$$ and protein supplements which can get expensive. This year (2006) I am hoping to cut what doesn't work and work with what does.

Porsche19

Interesting... 57 voters

Between $29,041 - $38,500 dollars spent on HAIR only

The hair companies are doing a big $ChA-ChinG$ and a :yay:

kinikini2

I've missed LHCF!
I voted $600-900 since on relaxers alone I spend ($80 x 6 times yearly = $480). Add in the occasional rollerset/Dominican blowout at $25 a pop, and replacement of hair products/supplies (Nexxus, Aveda, etc) and I am up near a $1K a year.

This year has been pretty stable for me since it's my 3rd calendar year on the board, and my regimen is very stable and pretty simplified (i.e. no driving across counties looking for Surge spray on dusty, obscure BSS shelves, sorry MTG lovers). As far as tools go, I have the basics (ceramic flat iron, basic hand dryer, couple of basic curling irons from college days, steam rollers, and flexirods) so no major capital investments there. I figure that if I spend $300 on a flat iron, I would be tempted to use it waaaaaaaay more often than I do now, which is occasionally.

My hair is thriving, similar to some of the ladies who spend under $150 a year and those who spend thousands. Find products that work for YOU, regardless of $ tag, stick with them, and above all, be gentle with your hair.

~*~ShopAholic~*~

I say about $1,000, that's including everything down to the hair pins,LOL, for this year, In the begining of 05 I was using Biosilk products and it cost me $50 a month, but with all my PJism I have going on I spent about $500 since joining LHCF and yes I do include shipping and handling,LOL. Now that I have my staple I will see how long they last me so I can see how offten I have to re-order, then I will be able to see how much I will spend in the future.

sugaplum

Star Shooter
I voted for $0-$300. I no longer get my hair done becuase I do my own. But there are those frequent visits to the BSS. :look:

Porsche19

I find it to be impressive that even with all the PJ's on the board, spending isn't as high as I anticipated!

lexi08

I usually spend about $700-$800 dollars on my hair per year including products, supplies and salon touch-ups. I will probably spend more this year because I purchased a Pibbs Hair dryer and plan on purchasing a steamer, a new flat iron, and a ceramic ionic blowdryer.

Jewell

I guess I spent around $150 for 2009 and $200 for 2010. Had I not purchased 2 wigs in '09 and 5 in 2010, that number would be less than $70. I do my own hair, nails, etc. No salons/stylists. Neighbor and bestie is a licensed aesthetician. Very few visits to BSS...only to restock on something I really need.

I have accumulated a stash of products over the years since 2005 (since joining LHCF lol), and so I work on using what I have and not buying unnecessarily. I have enough product to last me and my daughter another 1-2 years...I'd only need to buy oil, hair color, supplements, and possibly deep condish since I use that most often.

My regi is very simple, and about 8-9 mos of the year I keep my hair braided beneath wigs and don't use a lot of product. I have synthetic wigs that have lasted me for 6 years, so I know how to stretch a $! (and they still look very much new since I take great care of them). I consider wigs an investment...lol

ETA: Now if the poll had asked me about buying books, now I can see myself blowing a couple hundred if I had the opp on just BOOKS. Love to read. :drunk: I believe I will do what Allandra does and start keeping a spreadsheet...I'm interested to know the exact # since I find hair care and knowledge to be an obsession of mine...I'll do the same with the books, lol.

Last edited:

CrueltyFree

I chose $601-900 a year on hair related purchases. I'm pretty sure I don't spend more than $700. I don't go to stylists or professionals, salons. I pretty much do everything with my hair by myself. I indulge in hair products, sometimes I'll buy some weave for twist extensions, hair accessories, tools.

It's certainly cheaper than what my mom was spending when I was relaxed and getting my hair braided at the African braid shops.

BostonMaria

Wow I used to spend so much. In the beginning of 2010 I probably spent $400. Towards the end of the year I spent maybe $100 once I realized I was wasting my money.

I think that at the rate I'm going I'll probably only spend less than $200 this year. I've been so disappointed in almost all the products I've tried so I just stick to what I know works.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF