How often do you comb/ brush your hair

tijay

i comb when wet (twice a week) and brush with a very soft brush (very gently) once a day to smooth my pony/bun.

firecracker

I don't comb my hair at all when I'm wearing a wash and go. Which was at least a year straight. When I am straightened I comb it once to twice a day. I brush it nightly also.

toniy

I comb every morning to get my phoney poney neat for work. So I'll say once every single day. I have too. It must look neat.

navsegda

Ineedhair said:
I was reading on the crown and glory site to comb your hair twice a day. Do many of you guys do that? How about brushing? Does it reduce shedding?

http://public.fotki.com/Ineedhair

I can't speak for everyone else, but I comb my hair at least once a day with a wide tooth comb. I don't brush everyday, but when I do brush I use either my CHI paddle brush or my Conair vent brush. I know from the past when I didn't comb or brush my hair regularly it caused it to mat up around relaxer time and that most likely contributed to my shedding.

C

CaliJ

I comb once per day with a wide tooth comb (on moistened hair, never dry hair). I don't brush though. For me, my normal, daily, hair shed would cause my hair to tangle and mat around my other hair if I didn't comb them out daily.

Brownsis

I comb once a day with a wide tooth comb (especially when I have a lot of newgrowth, because my hair tangle a lot) but since I do the baggie method I just finger comb

I don't use a brush, sometimes I brush only the top to smooth my hair to do my bun or to wear a phony pony.

Isis

I comb 2 x each week on wet hair only, while detangling under the shower. I haven't owned a brush in years.

LovelyLionessa

I only comb 1x a week on wash days. I comb under the shower stream with my hair full of conditioner and again after I apply my leave-ins with a wide tooth comb.

B

Bublnbrnsuga

I only comb when I wash and condition my hair. I wash my hair about twice weekly, but I don't comb it until two weeks to a month later.

Brushing? Well, only if my hair's in a ponytail and I am concerned about stray hairs slicking down, so that would be about monthly.

Babygurl

I comb my hair in the shower when I wash (usually twice per week) and I use a soft boar bristle brush to bun my hair when wet, and that also only twice a week. The rest of the time I use my hands and a satin scarf.

RoseGolden

Uggghh. This is my biggest problem. I don't know how you guys do it. I'm constantly combing my hair and i KNOW this is the biggest "no-no." Its like I cant not do it (if that makes sense). Its sooo much manipulation and I know i'm losing a lot more hair than I should be. I comb so much just to get my hair to look "right" in a basic bun or ponytail. And I dont even wanna talk about how much I comb while washing. I have a problem :(

ToyToy

I have started brushing my hair daily in the evening before I braid it up. I moisten it with a spray to ease the detangling. I'm trying this over the next few week to see whether it will help me with the tangles and knots.

BrownSkin2

I comb once a week when I wash and condition my hair. That's when I detangle and braid or twist to last til the next week. Then I wash and condition and comb thru again.

wheezy807

I comb my hair twice a day. Once in the morning to moisturize and style. At night before i go to bed i moisturize and comb it. It's been a while since i used a brush,though. I really would like to learn the finger combing technique to minimize manipulation of my hair and breakage.

nelli711

I only comb when I wash my hair which is about every 3-4 days. I never comb my air dried hair. I finger comb my hair if I have to put it in place. I have a baby brush but I rarely use that thing.

Cichelle

For a while I was only finger combing, but I've gone back to using my seamless comb. I comb my hair once a day, with conditioner, under the shower spray. I don't use combs or brushes for styling.

Divine Inspiration

I don't use a brush, and I only comb on wash days which is once or twice a week. Throughout the week, it's fingercombing only. My hair has really thanked me for this.

Royal Glory

I comb my hair about twice a day, of course with a wide-tooth comb. (I use a bone comb.) I finger style most of the time, but depending on how it is acting, I need a "utensil".

I brush my hair occasionally, for fullness when wearing it down, with a wide, hard "tooth" brush. When I wear a french roll, sometimes I finger comb if my hair has curl and body. If it is straight, I use a soft boar bristle brush to smooth it into place.

I comb it with a wide-tooth comb at night before I roll it. And while rolling, I part it gently with a fine-tooth comb.

When I have a lot of new growth, I reduce the amount of combing so I don't cause tension between the two textures.

I have 4a 4b hair so manipulation is the enemy. I never brush my hair. I comb only when I am detangling in the shower, which is usually every 2 or 3 days after deep conditiong. After that I use my fingers to comb and I just smooth my hair with my hands.

nycutiepie

I comb my hair ONLY when I wash (1 X - 2x per week). I comb when I'm detangling with conditioner under running water and then after I add my leave-ins. I never use a brush and I style with my hands.