How often do you comb/ brush your hair

InnerSoul

I only comb on shampoo day and I only use a baby brush for my edges. So basically I finger comb daily and use no brush at all.. however, this is just what I do.

dicapr

When I was fully relaxed I combed twice a day. My hair was always looked and felt like I had just moisturized it after I combed it. When I was combing daily, I had less moisture issues. I'm now in twists and I miss combing my hair at leat daily.

JustKiya

I'm working on getting down to once a week combing - right after my weekly cowash/dc/henna/etc, etc....... sometimes I'll comb in the middle of the week if I need to redo my hair...

CAPlush

nycutiepie said:
I comb my hair ONLY when I wash (1 X - 2x per week). I comb when I'm detangling with conditioner under running water and then after I add my leave-ins. I never use a brush and I style with my hands.

I have also cut out all combing except under the running water w/ conditioner w/ my Jilbere. I had to because I am even more underprocessed from my last relaxer than I originally thought :ohwell: , so I have to treat the underprocessed hair as if it is new growth, I don't want to fight with it, and I'm on the hide your hair challenge anyway so it is easy to nix the combing.

ravenmerlita

Every time I wash my hair, I detangle in the shower with a comb. I also use a comb and brush to smooth wet hair when I am doing a roller set. I was my hair 3-5 times a week. I never comb or brush my hair when it is dry.

song_of_serenity

Reading everyone's replies makes me feel like I'm overdoing it! I comb everyday before I tie my hair down in a protective style, for neatness. I brush (lightly) stray strands down in the morning if I have to go to work that day. I'm trying no lessen the combing and I'll try to pat it into place!:)
~*Janelle~*