• Once a month

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Every 6 weeks

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Whenever your hair needs it

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters

Anancy

Hey guys, i just bought the Aphogee intensive Keratin reconstructor (it's red) - is this considered a protein treatment?

Either way i bought it and im not quite sure how many times i should use it.

What protein treatment do you use?

TIA

Missi

none: i do it every other week: 1 week i do a protein the other I do a moisture treatment

bravenewgirl87

I co-wash everyday, so, i have to kinda double up with mini protein treatments mid week. ( A dibble of Motions CPR in my conditioner and use a conditioner [[B.b. Super Rich]] without protein in it). I also moisurize my hair wet and airdry so my hair needs it. Its been doing very well... my breakage is stopping and for the first time in my life....:eek: I don't have dry HAIR! I know, I know... alert the press. My hair is no longer a brushfire just waiting to happen.:look::lol:

ETA: A dibble is a schmear:confused:

Puddles

On Cloud 9
[SIZE=+1] I haven't done one in over a year. I used Aphogee when I did do them. But since I use Motions Silk Protein every other week......I haven't had a need to use a stronger protein treatment.
[/size]

beana

the 2 min aphogee you have can be used weekly. i use the hard core aphogee every 4-6 weeks and it has helped my hair A LOT.

ravenmerlita

I do protein treatments once a month. I alternate between the different hardcore protein treatments that I have: Aphogee, Dudley's DRC-28, Kerastase VitaCiment, BioLustre Pro.

Anancy

beana said:
the 2 min aphogee you have can be used weekly. i use the hard core aphogee every 4-6 weeks and it has helped my hair A LOT.

Which one is the hard core?

tapioca_pudding

I believe the hardcore Aphogee is the one that says 'Treatment' on the front. Its an intense protein treatment as opposed to the 2 min reconstructor which is like a weekly use kinda thing. The treatment should only be used every 4-6 weeks becuz its so strong.

As for me, Im beginning to alternate w/ a medium protein each week and a moisturizing one. Should keep the balance and hopefully I wont need as many hard-core treatments.

HTH :)

Anancy

Sorry ladies another question. I did a pre-poo, poo, used aphogee then did a deep condition, which i felt was enough.

My sis used the aphogee as well but she also wanted to use her normal conditioner after and then do a deep conditioner.
Is it worth using another conditioner after, isn't the aphogee a conditioning treatment in itself?

MuslimahTresses

From what I know the Aphogee treatment is for protien. I think it's more on the lines of protien than moisturizing. So for her to use her normal conditoner plus a deep conditoner seems ok. I;d do it. But of coarse, that's just my personal opinon.

Last edited:

BioGeekChic

I do the hardcore Aphogee protein treatment every 6-8 weeks depending on my hair's needs. I do light protein treatements biweekly.

TLC1020

I do a mild protein treatment every 4-6 wks, I don't need them too often b/c my hair need more moisture than anything.. I use Motions CPR which is pretty mild..

lovenharmony

ET / OT Bonafide Member
I use a protein treatment any time my hair needs it. My hair is very pourous so with all the moisturizing, my hair could get a bit too soft. I use a light protien treatment (Joico K-Pak liquid reconstructor) on the ends 2-3 times a week and a Aphogee treatment for damaged hair every 6-8 weeks or when I see more breakage than I'm used to. That's the one where you sit under the dryer for at least 15 minutes or until it gets really hard.

CoCoEspresso

My choice was not listed. I do an Emergencee treatment every other week. I also use Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair at the minimum every 8 weeks. I have tried Aphogee Reconstructor, but I am not sure if it really did anything for me; I will have to revisit. I am using up the Emergencee, and am on the search for something else. I try to integrate protein into every step of my regime, so that I do not have to rely on protein treatments, and so that I remained balanced.

Guyaneek

I usually go every 6 weeks unless I feel that my hair needs it in between. I think that henna has allowed me to stretch them to 6 weeks though.

bravenewgirl87

april shower said:
If your getting short pieces of broken hairs should you use protien more often?

No. It could mean a lot of things, right ladies? I alternate with mine honestly. Like, if i wash with a condish that has protein, then i was with one w/o then next day. I think it all matters on what you think is best.

schipperchow1

I like to do some form of protein conditioner every week. I only use the aphogee & emergence once in a while. Definitely longer than 8 weeks.

rosalindb

I use Aubrey Organics GPB every 4 weeks which is a mild protein. Every two weeks I deep condition and alternate between Aubrey Organics GPB and Honeysuckle Rose.

If I feel that my hair needs more protein I will replace the HSR treatment with another GPB so occasionally I will do the protein treatment every 2 weeks.

KhandiB

I dont do treatments per se..

But I use Aphogee's Keratin and Green Tree Spray

and Its The Best!

Desert Skye

I do it once a month because as my hair gets longer,it needs to be kept strong. I just did a protein treatment just now using Emergencee because I have been shedding like crazy! There is all these black strands of hair on my carpet, you would think I have a dog in here or something.

ETA I wish I could use Aphogee instead but I cant stand that smell for my life. My BF says it smelled like a stink bomb went off when I last used it.

HoneyA

Goal:Hip length stretched
When I first started my journey, I did light ones every week, then bi weekly because at that point my hair needed strengthening. Now I do one heavy protein treatment every 4-6 weeks to keep it healthy and strengthened. I find that after my heavy treatments, my hair is noticeably thicker and stronger. I get no breakage now.