• Once a month

Votes: 30 19.5%
  • Every 6 weeks

Votes: 15 9.7%
  • Whenever your hair needs it

Votes: 43 27.9%

• Total voters

TLC1020

Whenever my hair needs protein which is not much, maybe once every 3 or 4mths if that.. My hair needs more moisture than protein...

frizzy

I voted weekly. BUT I am not doing a hardcore every week.

What has been working for me is a mixture of ceramides, keratin, reconstructor, a cheapie to stretch the mixture and a splash of hardcore protein. Mix and apply. Followed by a moisturizing (deep) conditioner.

I started this because I have been using heat 3 to 4 times per week. I will definately slow down with the heat usage when I obtain some of the 4 to 5 inches I have cut off over the last year.

My hair feels GREAT!

cutiebe2

twice a year with Emergencee (im natural so I don't need that much)

It if feel that my hair is too moisturized, I will use a little Infusium23

netnet26

Only after I relax...which is every 9 weeks..:yep:

Ult. Goal: WL ( who knows.....:grin:)

JerriBlank

I have been using Jherri Redding natural protein conditioner about twice a week now. My hair feels really good after i use it,then i dc afterwards and it's like i didn't just use it.I apply it to my hair(just a little,cause it runs) then i sit under the dryer with it(like and aphogee treatment).
Has anyone else that uses this had this same issue,or am i just using it wrong?

froggie08

I think it's important to alternate so one week I do a protein treatment (usually 2-min reconstructor) and then the next week I do a mositure treatment (usually ORS moisturizing shampoo). I think alternating is working well for my hair.

There is such a thing as protein overload. I read in Essence that protein treatments should be done one a month. If your hair is severly damaged 2x a month until your becomes healthy again. Right now I'm applying protein treatments once a month.

Muse

There is such a thing as protein overload. I read in Essence that protein treatments should be done one a month. If your hair is severly damaged 2x a month until your becomes healthy again. Right now I'm applying protein treatments once a month.

Thank you for this. I started a thread a while ago questioning if protein overload exists. I am also apart of the protein challenge but was still trying to figure out what works for me. I now know that weekly is WAY too much for me especially since I am transitioning and have a lot of natural hair on my head. I am on a break from heat and I don't relax so I think 1x/month would be perfect for me. That's what I settled on before reading your post and it's nice to hear that someone read this in Essence, a little confirmation.

yuriko

I have been doing light protein, Aphogee 2 min or Nexxus Keraphix weekly

Now I just started doing hard protein treatments which I will be doing every 6 weeks

chebaby

i do the 5 minute joico k pak treatment once a week. my hair isnt damaged at all but i do it because i use heat once a week as well. i seriously doubt i would get protein overload because normally what i will do is deep condition overnight with a moisturizing conditioner, then shampoo with either moisture shampoo or joico k pak shampoo. then i do the 5 minute treatment and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oils with heat. my leave ins are also moisture/protein balanced.

caramelma

i do the 5 minute joico k pak treatment once a week. my hair isnt damaged at all but i do it because i use heat once a week as well. i seriously doubt i would get protein overload because normally what i will do is deep condition overnight with a moisturizing conditioner, then shampoo with either moisture shampoo or joico k pak shampoo. then i do the 5 minute treatment and then follow up with a moisturizing conditioner mixed with oils with heat. my leave ins are also moisture/protein balanced.
This is exactly what I do but I wash 2x a week and on the alternate week I use moisture products and my hair has never been healthier. :grin:

Lanea87

Natural Gang Gang Gang
Lite protein every 2 weeks, hardcore I try every 6 weeks. My hair laughs at the light protein with 2 min Aphogee.

IDareT'sHair

PJ Rehabilitation Center
For Fall/Winter, I've introduced a weekly reconstructor.:yep:

I started this during my 16 week stretch at about week 11 and noticed how well my hair was doing, with this added step and then decided to make it part of my Fall/Winter Reggie.:yep:

poookie

i do the aphogee 2 min treatment every other wash, and the aphogee 2-step treatment every 3-4 weeks. i also use a protein leave-in conditioner. my fine hair needs it.

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Light to medium protein every week, depending on what my hair needs. One heavy protein treatment a week after relaxer. I have fine hair and finally realize that I need some kind of protein on a weekly basis. My hair is seriously thanking me for it.

I'm in love with K-Pak and Chi Keratin Mist. I like these better than Aphogee. I used the Nutress protein pack for the first time this weekend, adding it to my deep conditioner and my hair is so soft and shiny today, but strong. No breakage! ;)

brucebettye

I use motions cpr or 2 eggs and mix with a moisturizing conditioner. Since I use a moisturizer at least twice a day I need to do a protein treatment at least once a week.

Esq.2B

Did the article specify light vs. hardcore protein? I'm just asking because all proteins aren't created equally.

I use Aphogee 2 min (lite) weekly and Nexxus Emergencee (medium/hard) every 4 weeks.

bbdgirl

I alternate between Aphogee 2min reconstructor and Organix Coconut milk protein treatment weekly and I use Emergencee maybe once a month