How Often Do You Wash Your Combs and Brushes?

How Often Do You Wash Your Brushes and Combs?

• Every day

Votes: 3 4.1%
  • Once a Week

Votes: 35 47.9%
  • Once a Month

Votes: 8 11.0%
  • Less than Once a Month

Votes: 12 16.4%
  • Other

Votes: 15 20.5%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bnster

The obvious combs the wash day combs gets shampooed and rinse the same day after use, why because the water is right there to do so and there is shampoo/conditioner product on it. The other nope, I wash it when I feel it needs to be done, I feel no need for a ritual for it.

Last edited:

NerdSauce

I wash my combs whenever i sued them, which is really only when straighten my hair (so rarely.) Brushes I scarcely use. Im not going to lie, my paddle brushes dont get washed as often as my combs because they take forever to dry and by the time i've remembered that I want to wash them, I'm about to use them.

Mad Scientist

Didn't know this was something I needed to do. I just rinse my combs off in the shower since I only use them when I co-wash.

Ms Lala

I clean my comb on wash my days. Honestly my brush hardly ever gets washed cuz I rarely use it.

tri3nity

I have two sets of combs and brushes. I soak them in hot water and acv then let them air dry and use the second set that wash and the rest of the week.

empressri

Okay...what Mason Pearson brush do you have?...Because i'm thinkin about gettin one....and where did you purchase it....and do you like it? Does it snag your hair?:spinning::spinning::spinning::spinning::grin:

I need a new brush to use when i blowdry/ flat iron my hair....something good to blowdry with mainly and use it to smooth my hair down when styling....that doesn't snag so much...that Conair paddle brush i got needs to retire:perplexed

I bought the junior one...see??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaVzu2LkxgY

I luuuurves it! NO snags, and it gets through my thick hair 1-2-3!

got it at a hair show.

Tyra

I don't.
I don't use brushes. And my combs are rinsed after every use.
But to take a cleansing product and 'wash' them...I don't.

Aggie

I guess my answer would be only on wash days as well. If that is once a day, then that's how often I clean them. The same applies to whether it's once a week or once a month or even longer. My hair is almost always in some protective style or another. If it is in braids for 2 months, that's how how long it would take for me to clean my hair combs and brushes:yep:.

producjunki

I wash my brushes while I'm washing and conditioning my hair, so when my hair is done I have a freshly washed brush, and I wash my comb when needed

SmilingElephant

I bought the junior one...see??

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VaVzu2LkxgY

I luuuurves it! NO snags, and it gets through my thick hair 1-2-3!

got it at a hair show.

Yo, Empress you freakin ROCK!!! And THAT brush is a MUST have for me!!:yep:...so i will be checkin different sites for that brush! I works SO well on your hair!!! I'm texlaxed..but i have the same issue with my hair rising like bread anytime there's moisture in the air when i'm wearin it straight.....but that brush looked like it just smooth it back down to perfection!!:yep:

BRAVO!:D....add that to my list of things to buy:laugh:

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
I clean my combs and brushes during wash day. I sometimes clean them after moisturizing my hair, that's if I use them during that time.

bimtheduck

I voted once a month but I need to do it more often. I use. Reg shampoo left over from before I started LHCF last year.