Are you washing your brushes and combs?

chayil0427

Today I got out a brush that I hadn't used in a while and realized it was really dirty and gross. So I grabbed some old shampoo I don't use and gave it a wash.

I think we focus so much on washing out hair and ect. that sometimes we neglect to wash our combs and brushing. No use washing if ur just gonna use a dirty comb and brush afterwards. :nono:

So grab that bottle of old shampoo that didn't work for your hair or a cheapie bottle of suave clarifying poo and use it to wash ur brushes and combs.

I've also read that hair imbedded in your brush can cut the hair on your head. So it's a good idea to keep hair out of brushes and rinse them once a week with shampoo! U can use ur dryer to dry brushes in a quicky but be careful not to melt nylon bristles with a super hot dryer.

Just a tip!

Chayil!

NuMe2004

Hey girl,

I always wash my comb & brush when I wash my hair. I think it's great you posted this though, 'cause some gals may not do this often enough. Good looking out!

Ms. Plain Jane

:: Wonders when was the last time I washed my millions of combs and brushes ::

::Suddenly finds a use for the shanpoo I wanted to throw away ::

The Girl

Not as much as I should that is a good idea about washing when you wash your hair though!

favorc

I wash my comb and I don't let anybody use my it:nono:. This is a good post. I didn't start doing that until I got on my hair care journey.

RubyWoo

Yup..sure do! I usually use a little soap or shampoo to clean my combs before it touches my head.

Tamrin

unapologetic
everytime I wash my hair I wash my comb and brush.... great post though some people don't do that often.

Tiffchelle22

I try to wash my combs and brushes at least once a week. Before I knew better, I would just throw out my old combs when they started looking too dirty to me. Yeah, I wasted a lot of money that way.

schipperchow1

I rinse my combs & brushes in hot water after I use them & rinse in warm water before I use them to give my hair added moisture. I wash them soap each time I shampoo my hair.

Glib Gurl

This is a great thread. I usually don't wash my brushes because the bristles get all wilty. (So I guess that means I'm using the wrong kind of brush? *shrug*) But I do comb the hairs out of my brush when it gets *thick* up in there . . . and I rinse off my combs frequently to get rid of the oil and product build up.

brownsugarflyygirl

Yep...every time I wash my hair, I wash my combs and brushes too. My momma taught me that and not to use other peoples combs either. She thought a brush with a bunch of hair in it was triflin' and disgusting :nono: I agree.

chayil0427

Glad to see we're keeping on top of it. I know there are some unconfessed dirty comb and brush users out there...and i just want you to know i'm watching you. :look:

Chayil

lisatamika

I wash my comb and brush everytime I wash my hair (once a week). I use the leftovers of those little bottles neutralizing shampoo that come in relaxer kits :yep:

Misseyl

I wash my combs and brushes everytime I wash my hair..I remember someone saying that using dirty combs is like using a dirty fork so I make sure I wash them often and I don't let anyone use them.