• once a week

Votes: 61 42.7%
  • once a month

Votes: 12 8.4%
  • whenever i remember

Votes: 64 44.8%

• Total voters

mscocoface

I was them more now than I did in the past. I don't like the smell or the oils lingering. Usually once or twice a week.

malachi74

I use coconut oil in my hair and if I don't wash my scarf frequesntly enough my scarf starts smelling of rancid coconuts.

MizzCoco

wow...im ashamed, i havent washed my silk scarf in a LOOOONG time! *sneaks out to throw nasty scarf in the wash*

ajacks

I wash once a month, but only because i have like 7 of them and I switch them out every week.

half.cadence

I wash them like twice a month. I've racked up about 10-11 scarves over the years..then there are my bonnets. I wear scarves 3-4 days in a row.. So I dont have to wash em as much.

letitgrow0702

I rinse my scarf every morning. It's dry by the evening. Since I've adopted this practice I get no more breakouts around my hairline.

This is a good idea. I have several that I rotate. My fear is getting that oil on my pillow case and it getting on my face. Plus I hate when it gets that greesy feel.

KEWLKAT103

About once per week or so. Whenever I am doing a load, I will throw some in there.
I have so many and I alternate wearing them, so they don't even get that dirty in a weeks time.

MRJ1972

Definitely once a week, but since I am washing my hair every 3 days now, I wash them more frequently..My rule of thumb is that a clean head deserves a clean scarf....I have 2of them in rotation...Need to get more!

blacklove0607

Pretty frequently - I have several that come from a couple of recycled silk blouses & from a silk skirt with a lining. My skin is very oily and I try to keep anything that comes in contact with my face very clean.

ToyToy

I have a few scarves. I change my scarf every week, when I wash my hair and wash scarves in the washing machine. This sounds silly, but I didn't know you were supposed to wash them with shampoo??? :perplexed:

ART11

I throw it over my towel everyday so when I grab the towels for the laundry, I wash the scarf right along with them.

TonicaG

TonicaG
THis is why I have bought about 9 silk/satin scarves. I wash and alternate them weekly.

Chiming in w/ baddison, I have lots of silk scarves and satin caps and I wash the one that I use weekly with the laundry. I'm like a boy scout "always prepared".

1babydimple

I wash my scarf when I wash my hair. It doesn't get poo but whatever body wash I'm using. :) A quick lather, rinse and hang it over the nozzle. I have a couple and a bonnet or 2 so I can switch if it isn't dry.