How to get healthy ends?

• Thread starter lkg4healthyhair
  • Start date
L

lkg4healthyhair

My ends are looking pretty bad and I need to get at least 1 in trimmed (probably this weekend). I know that the post pardom shedding had a lot to do with it, and I really want my hair to look healthy.

Does anyone have any tips to help keep my ends moisturized and healthy. I do not use direct heat and I currently airdry in a bun or rollerset. I tried Profective Healthy ends (too thick) and Tigi Ego boost (gotta give it another try but I was not impressed).

If there is a certain product please list that as well.

Thanks in advance.

Well for me I use S-Curl on my ends and throughout my hair, but I don't put a lot only when I do the baggie and I do the baggie everyday. Now, my hair is in braids, so baggie will not be done until braids are taken out. Also, I use Lotion Motion #9 by Surge, Mango Butter by Elasta QP, Wonder 8 Cream, Surge Plus 14, Emergency 911, & NTM Silk Touch leave in Cream (love the way this smell and my hair feels real silky with this product). When I had a problem with shedding I did an Aphogee treatment and this really worked for my shedding and my ends. So, these are the products that I use for my hair and my beautician this past Friday said that my hair looks good and she didn't even have to cut my split ends because I have been following these products to prevent any split ends and they worked.

Your ends don't look healthy after doing a rollerset? If you do a bun, just leave you hair in the bun until your next wash so you don't worry about what your hair looks like. Try a serum like NTM Healing Shine Serum for your ends. If that doesn't work, maybe you need to do a trim. HTH! ;)

Just had a baby amost six months ago so I know what you mean. Carot oil,carrot oil, carrot oil. Put it on your ends and you will notice the difference. It saves my ends. I use the carrot oil from sallys in the bottle. It is the orange liquid. My ends do not break when I use it.-good luck!

I've been keeping my ends healthy by doing daily CO washing, applying Profectiv Healthy Ends and Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment to my hair and ends after my CO wash, and frequently throughout the day. I keep my hair braided and pinned up to decrease the chance of it rubbing against my clothing. I baggie my hair at night with the two products above, and Dabur Vatika Oil.

I undo the braid that I had in all day, apply the products, rebraid, and baggie. My ends have been great. I'm going to wear my hair up for the majority of this year, to save my length so I can get to my goal without anymore trims! (Had one baby trim of 1/4" in Jan, will have another baby trim again in Dec 05, since I don't use heat and will be wearing protective styles).

Hi bauderlady. Are you talking about the Proclaim Professional Care Carrot Oil? (See picture below.) If so, I may have to try this for my ends as well.

I do not use curling irons or blow dryers nor any other type of direct heat either. I usually rollerset or bun my hair(with baggie and phony ponytail) and sit under the dome dryer for 30 or 45 minutes and then let my hair airdry the rest of the time. My ends get rather dry and split very easily as well. I have just recently started using (about 3 weeks now) the Surge Woojee Cream on my hair from roots to ends. I also have been interchangeably using Doo Gro Stimulating Growth Oil, Wild Growth Hair Oil along with the Surge Woojee Cream in the mornings and before bedtime. I hope this will help soon. Thanks for the suggestion of the carrot oil product.
[size=+0]Proclaim Professional Care Carrot Oil [/size]
631080.jpg
By: Brentwood Beauty Labs

Sally Item #: 631080

Size: 4 oz (118 ml)

Repairs split ends and prevents breakage.

Strengthens hair.
Conditions scalp.
Moisturizes skin.
<LI>Softens cuticles.

Usage Tips
Massage in evenly, cover with moist towel or plastic cap for 3 to 5 minutes and rinse with warm water.

</FONT>
bauderlady said:
Just had a baby amost six months ago so I know what you mean. Carot oil,carrot oil, carrot oil. Put it on your ends and you will notice the difference. It saves my ends. I use the carrot oil from sallys in the bottle. It is the orange liquid. My ends do not break when I use it.-good luck!

Poohbear said:
Your ends don't look healthy after doing a rollerset? If you do a bun, just leave you hair in the bun until your next wash so you don't worry about what your hair looks like. Try a serum like NTM Healing Shine Serum for your ends. If that doesn't work, maybe you need to do a trim. HTH! ;)

Thanks Ladies :)

My ends look great after a rollerset.but... I know that they are very split and brittle when my hair is dry you can really see it. I know that my ends are not in good condition and need to be trimmed so I will have to just do it :(

I have been using a lot of the produts mentioned. I use NTM leave-in every day as a moisturizer (love it), I did the baggie once with Elasta Mango butter, Stay-So-Fro and WGO and it came out really good, my hair stayed moist. I just started doing conditioner washes every other day and use shampoo once a week. I bought a Shea butter & Olive oil cream yesterday from Whole foods from a company called Pooka. I used it last night and it seems pretty good, but it was pricey $12.

I will keep up with my Conditioner Washes every other day and do the
Baggie Method at night consistently (I wear a donut bun daily) .

In the baggie (Stay so-fro and an oil or butter like shea butter, olive oil, carrot oil or mango butter)

I gave myself a really nice rollerset last week and my ends looked good. I just don't have the time to do that every time I wash my hair. Once I get the brittle part off I will be able to keep my ends in good cond.

Thanks again

leontyneb said:
Well for me I use S-Curl on my ends and throughout my hair, but I don't put a lot only when I do the baggie and I do the baggie everyday. Now, my hair is in braids, so baggie will not be done until braids are taken out. Also, I use Lotion Motion #9 by Surge, Mango Butter by Elasta QP, Wonder 8 Cream, Surge Plus 14, Emergency 911, & NTM Silk Touch leave in Cream (love the way this smell and my hair feels real silky with this product). When I had a problem with shedding I did an Aphogee treatment and this really worked for my shedding and my ends. So, these are the products that I use for my hair and my beautician this past Friday said that my hair looks good and she didn't even have to cut my split ends because I have been following these products to prevent any split ends and they worked.

THis is good, I also follow a similar method. I don't mean to hijack the thread but did you know (leontyneb) that you can still do a baggie method with braids? All you have to do is spray in your favorite moisturizer and sleep with a plastic cap on your head (the ones used for treatments) it will really keep the braids moist but may make them kinda frizzy).:) When I'm out of braids I make it a priority to oil the last 2-3 inches of my hair. I got this tip from SherryLove and it has worked wonders for my hair. I have not had a trim in almost a year and I'm still going well you can see the results in fotki album.

www.fotki.com/nubian7
password:hair

Hi Jewell. I was just looking at your hair album. Your hair is beautiful!!!:notworthy I noticed that you have a number of different vitamins that you take daily. Other than the GNC and the Centrum vitamins, where do you purchase your other vitamins? TIA.

Jewell said:
I've been keeping my ends healthy by doing daily CO washing, applying Profectiv Healthy Ends and Cantu Shea Butter Grow Strong Strengthening Treatment to my hair and ends after my CO wash, and frequently throughout the day. I keep my hair braided and pinned up to decrease the chance of it rubbing against my clothing. I baggie my hair at night with the two products above, and Dabur Vatika Oil.

I undo the braid that I had in all day, apply the products, rebraid, and baggie. My ends have been great. I'm going to wear my hair up for the majority of this year, to save my length so I can get to my goal without anymore trims! (Had one baby trim of 1/4" in Jan, will have another baby trim again in Dec 05, since I don't use heat and will be wearing protective styles).

I use UBH moisturizer on my end and seal it with Barry Fletcher Liquid Moisture Oil or plan old Castor Oil.

Back