How to track one's growth rate...?

AmethystLily

Cynic on the outside; Dreamer on the inside
Hi, I'm AmethystLily, and I'm fairly new to posting. How do I track my hair growth rate from the root? I don't feel that any form of length check (straightening, stretching, and/or measuring) from root to end is reliable because of retention issues. For now, while I try to find a good moisturizer/sealant, what's a good way to track growth as it comes from the scalp, other than relaxers/dyes? I want to know how much my hair grows so I can have a realistic idea of how much I could retain. I am currently natural and consider myself a type 4.
:thankyou: in advance!

Hi, I'm AmethystLily, and I'm fairly new to posting. How do I track my hair growth rate from the root? I don't feel that any form of length check (straightening, stretching, and/or measuring) from root to end is reliable because of retention issues. For now, while I try to find a good moisturizer/sealant, what's a good way to track growth as it comes from the scalp, other than relaxers/dyes? I want to know how much my hair grows so I can have a realistic idea of how much I could retain. I am currently natural and consider myself a type 4.
:thankyou: in advance!

I have a few suggestions. For a Long term more accurate measurement, measure your hair from root to tip once a month for 12 months and take the average inches per month for your growth rate. Or . For one month do a small tight braid or band a small section of your hair and measure the gap at the root to the beginning of the braid or band. Leave the braid or banded section intact. In one month measure again and subtract your initial measurement from it. But for accuracy I would do this once for every season (every 3 months) and take the average to get your true growth rate, since growth rate can differ different times of the year.

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Back